All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
9/11
      #20210 - 09/10/03 12:44 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Tomorrow is 9/11. I am just wondering if everyone is still touched by this day or if unfortunately it is all wearing off and we are becoming immune to what happened.

I sure hope not! I really hope we remember what those Americans are fighting for and why.

My thoughts are with everyone who was touched by the 9/11 tragedy!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 9/11 new
      #20214 - 09/10/03 01:14 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

9/11 was (and still is) such an emotional day. I can't imagine anyone being able to forget it, or even becoming immune to it (at least I hope not!) While I didn't know anyone personally involved in the tradegy, the Shanksville plane crashed an hour from Pittsburgh, so in a way, I felt like it hit extremely close to home for me (literally).

This past summer, my husband and I went to New York City and I went to Ground Zero. What a surreal experience. While it may just be a construction pit right now, no one, I think, can be there and look at it without feeling a sense of loss. It was an experience I'll never forget, especially seeing the "wall" with pictures and messages posted in black permanent marker to those lost...it was very moving. What really affected me, though, was seeing the round ball statue that was in the center of the WTC and now is in Battery Park. Seeing the charred and twisted metal made it seem all too real.

As many of you can probably relate, the 9/11 events affected my IBS big time. The stress and fear of what happened seemed to send my stomach into overdrive. It took a long time to stabilize my tummy and even now, when I hear about the terror warnings, I can feel it in the pit of my stomach and it seems like my IBS goes out of control again. Does this happen to anyone else?

Kristine

#20372 - 09/11/03 02:48 PM
airplane girl

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Indiana

9/11/01 completely changed me and my life. As a United Airlines employee I felt such a personal loss as our aircraft and coworkers were used as a tool for destruction. I would take trips every weekend and happened to meet many flight attendants and pilots that went from being faceless and nameless to people who shared a common bond with myself, a love of flight. I can remember that day like it was yesterday, not two years ago. I worked at night so I awoke to the news cast of what was going on, I was on the phone with coworkers all morning, we were given the option to stay home or come in, all came in that day. I couldn't think of anywhere else I could be at that time, because who else to understand the pain of your company's name being associated with the horrific day, but those that feel that same pain and loss. As the details started to surface and the names were released the pictures soon followed and I found that there were 5 that I had the pleasure of knowing. The pain was ungodly. I worked as a Maintenance Analyst and we all wanted to know if those planes had ever crossed our paths, some rumors said they had come through our facility but nothing was ever confirmed. Working in maintenance also meant that those that were to investigate were to come from my facility and our other in California. I knew one of the men that went to PA and then on to NYC, needless to say he came back a changed man. The NTSB called our people the "airplane guys" so hence my posting name, in their honor. I eventually lost my job with UAL in January of this year but was blessed enough to find another position with another airline. The people I worked with were like family to me and I still keep in contact with many of them but nothing will ever be the same. I will always try to look at things with rose colored glasses because I know that I am truly blessed and I will not ever be able to forget that day..

Oh, airplaine girl new
      #20375 - 09/11/03 02:51 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

what a touching message! I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that was an especially horrible day for you.

Re: Thanks-nt new
      #20378 - 09/11/03 02:53 PM
airplane girl

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Indiana

Re: Thanks-nt new
      #20381 - 09/11/03 03:03 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

It is so incredibly sad how the entire day unfolded. And amazingly there were so many people touched by the events of that day.

It is so horrific beyond anyones imagination! Today I called everyone I loved just to say "I love you" because I was thinking..."I can't imagine not getting that chance to say that to someone"

Although I was not directly affected by 9/11 I was most definately touched. It was such a day of tragedy, that we will never forget.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#20385 - 09/11/03 03:18 PM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Your post really touched me. My heart goes out to you, and everyone, today. I cried all the way to work this morning listening to the tributes on the radio.
But...with each new day brings new hope.
Kristine

#20410 - 09/11/03 06:43 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

I am an Aussie and I remember that day clearly. I cried as did many other Aussies for your people and country. You are in our prayers today and always.
Trish

#20433 - 09/11/03 10:47 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hi; A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR ALL WHO PERISHED IN THAT TRAGEDY AND THOSE LEFT BEHIND!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 366 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2567

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review