All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am gonna miss the Beach!
      #20170 - 09/10/03 10:14 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Well quickly we will be packing up all the summer stuff from our place at the beach and heading into the city for the winter.

I can't believe it's already "over". It seems like just yesterday we were washing all the sheets, blankets and cleaning up the camper to start the year off.

I am gonna miss it.

But we are planning on having a busy winter. My husband wants to get some snowmobiles and spend the winter on some trails or in cabins up north by a fireplace. Yay!

What is everyone else's plans for the winter?

Also - what is the one thing you meant to get done this summer but still hasn't happened and don't think it will:

Mine is to hang a clothes line at the lake for our swim suits etc. I wanted one, bought everything for it and we ended up hanging the line. Ooops! And I don't think it's gonna happen now! Oh well - top of the list for next summer!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am gonna miss the Beach! new
      #20178 - 09/10/03 10:36 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

My winter plans include my last semester of junior college and working. Also flying to Illinois to visit my grandpa in the hospital. That's about it.

One thing that I wanted to get done this summer was to start walking at night! Needless to say, it didn't happen. And now that it's going to be dark by the time I get home, I can't as my neighborhood is not exactly the safest place to be walking around at night. I guess I will try to get up early in the morning - but I know that's definately not happening!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Lana, this is something we have in common! new
      #20185 - 09/10/03 11:25 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Lana, We also spend most of our summer at the beach! We have a seasonal site at a campground in Wells, Maine. We are just down the road from the most beautiful beach, it is heaven on earth. It takes almost 3 hours to get there from where I live in Massachusetts, but even the traffic cannot keep us away. We travel there every weekend and vacations from May to October. This time of year is very melancholy because I know it is coming to an end for another season. We have been there for 5 years and have made some really wonderful friends. Each year we say a tearful goodbye for another winter. Where is your place? There are many Canadians who visit the Wells/Ogunquit area. Are you familiar with it? artist

Now we can mourn our summers ending together new
      #20195 - 09/10/03 11:52 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Artist - I know exactly how you feel about saying your good byes. Our beach is about an hour from our home, but we don't even notice the drive anymore. We do it Friday night and return Sunday mid afternoon.

It's funny we have neighbours from the same city as we are in and we don't see except the summer so we are pretty excited come May to catch up on our cackling gossip. LOL

This is about our 5th year as well. We have a yard out there with a garage and a camper on right now. But next year we will be building our cabin. I am pretty excited, because I get my island in my kitchen and a window seat and and and!!!! LOL. My husband is pretty excited too. It will be nice on those overcast days to have somewhere to hang out and just relax.

I unfortunately am not familiar with Wells/ONgunguit. Sorry - I am pretty far from Maine! Like all the way on the other side of the map so where we camp is no where anyone would recognize.

We have people around here say, "Where's that" when I tell them where we are LOL.

This year as I am packing - I will be thinking of you at the same time!

Enjoy the little time we have left

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

You're right, lets enjoy every moment! -nt- new
      #20201 - 09/10/03 12:03 PM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 694 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1342

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review