All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Update! new
      #200608 - 07/28/05 04:24 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I'm so glad you had a good visit with the therapist.
Like you, I was always the one who let people cut ahead in line, etc. No more. Since I had my emotional breakdown I have a big mouth and only move if I really want to. It really felt good the first time I yelled at some guy for cutting in line at the post office. He moved, and with a red face too.
Talk to us any time you want, Ruchie. It is so good to vent it all out.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Carol new
      #200612 - 07/28/05 04:35 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm telling you...my whole life I've been less than dirt and everyone else has been PERECT! my therapist told me I need to GET THAT OUT OF MY HEAD...cdause it's not true. I'm gonna work in it! I'm glad to know I'm not alone though, thanks *hugs*

Love you Carol!!!

Ruch

P.S. Are you doing any better with being GF? I know all about it...so I'm here if you want to chat/whine/scream/cry/laugh *hugs* BUT i I don't respond right away, don't take it personaly. It just means I'm hurting but don't give up on me. I really DO CARE *big hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Hugs Ruchie...(my fellow Rachel!) ~nt~ new
      #200615 - 07/28/05 04:44 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Feeling really bad new
      #200620 - 07/28/05 05:02 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Ruchie,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad! I hope your meds kick in soon. And as far as this guy goes I would trust your instincts and stay far away from him and let him know that he makes you uncomfortable and that you would rather he not contact you but instead speak with your husband.

My life has been chaotic recently but has started to settle back down so if you need to talk you know how to reach me.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

For Jenny...about the religious stuff... new
      #200631 - 07/28/05 05:29 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I gotta tell ya, all my best buds were guys growing up...only one or two female pals here and there.

I became religious despite my fam's protests as I believe in it very very strongly!!

My husband and I may not have that much intimacy yet due to m past, but our relationship means soo much! We don't touch anyone outside of our parents and grandparents of the opposite sex. And when WE touch... it's sooo powerful

I have begun to share some intimacy with him and I must say...the laws we follow are beautiful to me! I do not feel like they are restrictive...quite the contrary!

Anyhow...I just don't want you to think that I am locked in here in any way...it was a choice I made.

Thanks for caring about me, being here for me, supporting me, and loving me...i love you Jenny
*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: For Jenny...about the religious stuff... new
      #200643 - 07/28/05 05:49 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Ruchie.. I'm confused. Did you not grow up in this religion, or just not as strict?

was it your husband that inspired your decision to become religious?

As long as you love it thats all that matters.

--------------------

Re: Update! new
      #200657 - 07/28/05 06:26 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Good job, Ruchie! It's so wonderful that you faced your fear and called him! Hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Thanks for the info Ruch!! new
      #200659 - 07/28/05 06:35 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

It's interesting to hear about what works for other people- I'm glad you've found your way! I guess it's the same with vegetarianism for me and my husband. Our family's are all big meat eaters, but we just think it's morally and ethically wrong- and we don't feel denied from anything by not eating meat! (Well, occasionally we do a little bit, but the ethical well being is more important).

I didn't mean to sound so surprised by your faith- I just live in a much different world I guess.

I'm glad your therapy went well, you made it to Blockbuster, AND you told that guy to stop bugging you. You had such a productive day!! Love you too.

Ruchie, you go girl! new
      #200671 - 07/28/05 07:42 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm proud of you for calling that guy! That took guts! You are making so much progress.

And I'm glad you have a good therapist. It sounds like the two of you have a great relationship. It's nice that you feel comfortable talking with her.

Keep it up! Have you felt ok on the med?

Re: Feeling really bad new
      #200673 - 07/28/05 07:50 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ruchie:

You've got a lot of "stuff" going on, at ALL LEVELS--subconsciously, spiritually, physically, neurologically, intellectually and YOU'RE NOT AS STRONG AS YOU WILL BE...Meds. take time, i.e. give it a good six weeks. You also have anxiety/self-esteem issues that need to be addressed and tackled/managed.

Hugs.

It sounds like a trillion crossed communication wires. Honestly, I don't know how to interpret this. You don't have to answer the door. You don't have to participate in anything or do anything that causes you moral/spiritual discomfort. And you don't need to appologize to anyone for living in accord with your truth. So, if you're uncomfortable in anyway--don't answer the door. Stand up for you.

Protect yourself with words, with expressing/behaving in accordance to your feelings. You don't need to tell this guy a story or give him any reasons or excuses. Just artfully ignore him. You're a busy lady. Tell him you must consult with your husband or something like that.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 273 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13689

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review