All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: The full story on why I feel unsafe/weirded out new
      #200434 - 07/28/05 11:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm glad you called the Rabbi and I think you should take him up on his offer. I can't say as I understand your religion but if he makes you uncomfortable, than he has got to stop! Hugs Sweetie!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I just spoke to my husband new
      #200437 - 07/28/05 11:18 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

And he hung up on me!

I tried to call him back 5 times! He'd better have gotten a call at work and that's why he didn't pick up and that he didn't hang up on me..

So hubb has an excuse. This guy got me in touch with a girl who is interested in becoming religious. And this girl and I were in touch. But she never call me bacdk and I told this guy this.

Hubby guesses he plans to come over to tak about this girl. And that he wouldn't call on the phone to do it because I don't return his calls.

But the girl is out of town, A. B, I do not return his calls because I am trying to send him a message that he is wayyyy to much in my personal space.

Maybe the guy is not getting it and I need to tell him why I've been ignoring him? Maybe hubby's right? But I STILL think he's creepy...not letting us call maintenance, asking me how much hubby makes at his job, and asking people for my address EVEN AFTER an older and respected lady in the community told him it wasn't proper!

Hubby said it has to come from ME not some person in the community.

I cannot BEGIn to tell you how anxious this makes me. It was this whole scenario that made me go on the meds yesterday....I was tired of being scared of this guy and anxious about him. But the meds haven't kicked in yet...and I am So not prepared to deal with this.

I'm so anxious and tense right now I could scream...

And mad at hubby too. Doesn't happen often!

45 mins until therapy, thank G-d

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I just spoke to my husband new
      #200438 - 07/28/05 11:20 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Like your Rabbi said, write him a letter. Then it does come from you, but you don't have to see him face to face.

A letter is perfect! -nt- new
      #200440 - 07/28/05 11:33 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I agree too. new
      #200486 - 07/28/05 12:27 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Like you said, never mind your religion, this guy makes you uncomfortable so why should you deal with him? Be strong chica, you're doing great.

So sorry, Ruchie new
      #200543 - 07/28/05 01:16 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I agree that this man is getting way to nosey & friendly. I agree about writing a letter rather than seeing him in person. You don't have to see him......just don't answer the door, OK!

Hubby is probably in a bad mood today....give him some time.

I'm glad you have therapy today.....maybe that will help.

Hugs
Barbie

--------------------

Ruchie new
      #200578 - 07/28/05 02:18 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm sorry you're so stressed out about this. I hope you get the situation resolved soon. I also think writing him a letter would be a good idea. Hopefully, your therapist had some suggestions for you.

Let us know how that went. And don't back out of the Lamictal now! It will take TIME. Please be patient with it. We all want you to be feeling better soon. It should help you feel more confident and less anxious. I know the mood stabilizers help me with that!

WE love you! Hang in there!

Re: I just spoke to my husband new
      #200588 - 07/28/05 02:40 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

ruchie,

i think you really need to have a talk with your husband. is this how he usually reacts to you when you're upset? i know i don't know anything about your relationship, but he isn't treating you well. for all the pain you're in, you sound amazingly aware of where the pain's coming from and what you can do about it.

i send you lots of love and hope. it sounds like a really rough situation.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Update! new
      #200602 - 07/28/05 04:16 PM
Snow for Sarala

I am sooooo thankful for my therapist!

She expalined to me it is CREEPY and SNEAKY for someone to with hold your maintenance person's # from you. She suggests I get it from someone else in the complex.

She explained that my husband (who is usually SO supportive!) probably has some issues of his own, don't we all, and that he might be passive--which he is!

It was good for me to have to deal with this myself.

I called this guy. It was well rehearsed what I would say. If he was asking about the girl (hubby's assumption!) I would tell him there is no relationship to speak of and there won't be one.

BUT he wanted to know about ME! I was right and so were my instincts! When he picked up I stated who I was. He asked how I was, long time no talk, and I said "Did you want to speak to me about Elizabeth?" :He said no "No, I want to know how you're doing..." I said "Thank you for the concern, but I am on my way into the store, so I need to go now". He sounded upset. But what can I do? IT'S NOT OK! I felt soooo uncomfortable, my suspicions were right on!!!

All my life I've looked out for everyone else. Always "getting out of other's way". For example, at the HFS today, I kept pushing my cart over for everyone even though IT WASN'T in the way! I'm sooo paranoid of hurting others...BUT

I never worry about hurting myself.

My therapist is teaching me well! I don't have to be nice to everyone. If someone goes out of bounds..I can make my needs clear...and that is OK.

It's going to take a LONG time to learn these lessons...but I'm working on it!

I cannot thank everyone here fro supporting me enough....

I love you--thanks for being here !!!

Ruch

P.S. I still feel like a mess. Like my husband can do better. I wish I could be social. I feel guilty for soo very many things! I pray that these meds help and SOON...I am def. not in a good place. BUT having my IBS family makes things seem less hopeless...I love you *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

NELLY, your doggie helped me SO MUCH today... new
      #200604 - 07/28/05 04:19 PM
Snow for Sarala

Nelly got me a stuffed beanie doggie named Badge. I took him with me in my bag to therapy, to the library, and to Whole Foods. And you know what? As I cried and held him..I said out loud "Nelly loves you!"

How can I thank you Nelly? I love my Badge and will "wear" him well...I love YOU Nelly *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 255 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13689

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review