Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How far does it stick out?
      #19932 - 09/08/03 01:59 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Your tummy, that is?

I'm so sick of my tummy sticking out and need to hear that others go though this daily. Not so I can relish in your discomfort, but to remind myself that I'm not alone. What does everyone do about this?

Mine started out fine this morning, had some oatmeal...still good. Then it started sticking out like crazy after lunch. My pants get snug (and I get those HATED indentations from even my biggest mesh athletic shorts) and all uncomfortable. I feel like I gain a clothing size.

Bah!

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How far does it stick out? new
      #19934 - 09/08/03 02:35 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I hear you! Today I'm wearing a dress that I haven't worn in quite a while because although it fit, it was always just too snug for me. So I tried it on this morning since I've lost a lot of weight recently, and was so happy to see that it was actually loose on me.

Not anymore.

It's about 2:30pm in the afternoon and it feels WORSE than snug now! Darnit. I think it's all the water I've drank today. I've been trying really hard lately to drink all my water (a hard challenge for me!). Water bloated..

--------------------
- Jennifer

#19936 - 09/08/03 02:38 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yup, I HATE this bloating too! When I leave the house in the morning, I'm fine. I'll eat safe foods(even if I eat nothing!) by lunch, my pants are unbuttoned and as soon as I get in my car after work, down goes the zipper too!! I HATE it! The first thing I do when I get home from work at night is put on a nightgown so there is no pressure on my tummy. So no, you are not alone! I do own one pair of black lace up pants that I've about worn out because as the day goes on, you can losen them an no one really notices! I can't remember the last time I tucked a shirt in and wore a belt!

Whew! It does feel better to vent about it to others that understand!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#19961 - 09/08/03 06:21 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I choose my clothing based on how the tummy is doing, because when I'm bloated I just can't stand for the clothes to feel/look tight, it just makes me downright sad. When I was pregnant I was proud of the belly sticking out like that but not when I'm NOT!! And honestly it can get that big. I've gained 10 lbs in 24 hours and I promise I had NOT eaten that much food! Just gas and fluid I guess. It's miserable. But that's what overalls and loose fitting empire waist dresses are for! That's what I fall back on on the bloated days, wouldn't even dream of tryign to wear my jeans or skirts.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#20003 - 09/09/03 05:35 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Thanks for responding everyone. It really is frustrating having this belly stick out like mine does. Otherwise, I'm a fairly thin person. The quasi 'bun in the oven' often derails my workouts, my choice of food, etc. because I figure no matter what I eat, it's gonna do this. Might as well eat crappy. So I do....then of course I don't feel like working out.

Well, in my post in the EFI board, I decided to recommit myself to this diet. I'm sick of feeling like this! I've made a goal to lose five pounds by the end of the month.
I'm gonna do it!

--------------------
~jules

#20008 - 09/09/03 06:46 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

My husband tells me that I look 9 months pregnant! This is usually at the end of the day. I know it's not fat because in the morning my tummy is flat. I sure hope no one asks me when my baby is due. Lord, I'm 44 years old with 2 teenagers! I'd rather be dead than pregnant (at this point in my life.)

#20042 - 09/09/03 09:58 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm not alone!

I just totaly pigged out! My tummy has been AWFUL lately no matter what I do...so I just gave up and started eating anything I want! Now I feel AWFUL and sluggish and sleepy...and I still have two more jobs left today plus cooking for my hubby! *phew*

My tummy grows on average 3 sizes a day! I can def. relate!

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#20044 - 09/09/03 10:02 AM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I'm glad I'm not the only one, too. Luckily, I have a job that's casual professional, but the FIRST thing I do when I walk in the door (after letting the dog out, of course! ) is put on comfy pants. I find that anything restricting makes me downright miserable. (I've just started wearing jeans, but they have to be the strech kind.)

Thank God for Sweats!

Kristine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 396 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2989

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review