All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Happy Birthday Dalia... new
      #198196 - 07/21/05 10:03 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

thank you for your input....you are really sweet!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#198200 - 07/21/05 10:15 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Dalia,

YOM HULEDET SAMEACH!!!!!!! May I give you a birthday Bracha? You should have much Shalom Bayis, Simcha, Hatzlacha, Shalom, Gila Rina Ditza V'Chedva, Ahava V'Achva V'Shalom V'Reius, Torah U'Mitzvos, Bracha, you should have a LARGE Chielik in Olam Haba, you should live to be 120, and all your Tefillos should be answered for the good, Amen!

As for hubby. At least he bought you a birthday present and he remembered your b-day AND got you ballet lessons.

On the other hand...I would have been mortified if my husband bought me an outfit like that! I would be the one not speaking to HIM!

I think you got super advice here. I would just add that I would feel as you do. I have no friends here either. What I might do is go out and buy MYSELF a birthday present! Yesiree. I remember when I was very fibro feeling and I wanted hubby to get me a get-well card. Well, he didn't. So I bought myself one anyway! And it was quite nice to get it for myself! If you're comfortable with it...I'd go out and buy you something special! What do YOU want hubby to get you...or what do you want to get yourself...and go for it! I know it would cheer me up...

Wish I were there so we could DANCE and have some tea in a champagne glass and get you something special...

Love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: stay away from this post if a bit prudish!!! new
      #198202 - 07/21/05 10:21 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ballet lessons too. That's right!

I would just try to laught about it with him and tell him to not do that again. I'm sure he wasn't trying to offend you AT ALL. He loves you! How could he not!

Re: stay away from this post if a bit prudish!!! new
      #198204 - 07/21/05 10:27 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Happy Birthday Dalia. Don't be too upset with Asaf. I am sure in his head he had good intentions. I know it must be tough for you being away from your friends and family. Hang in there.

Happy Birthday again!

--------------------

Next year... new
      #198206 - 07/21/05 10:31 AM
Sara-Sage

Dalia, maybe I can help you celebrate your birthday next year. We could do whatver you want to do!

Happy birthday, Dalia! --nt-- new
      #198208 - 07/21/05 10:51 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#198235 - 07/21/05 11:51 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Thank you dolly...you are the sweetest! I wish you were here too to dance with me! I've been crying all day but hopefully I'm finished now. Lord, adjusting to a new place is hard!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

oops! new
      #198237 - 07/21/05 12:08 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Dalia,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I don't have much to add, except that I'm sure it will blow over, and chances are your husband will make it up to you. I also see lingerie as a gift for him (and I in fact buy lingerie and give it to him as a gift--for me to wear, of course), but maybe he thought he was communicating how sexy he thinks you are...and maybe that is a fantasy of his or something.

This will all blow over sooner or later... Sorry that it had to happen on your birthday. Maybe you can suggest that you two "recelebrate" on a different day.

Again, happy birthday!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#198238 - 07/21/05 12:09 PM
Sara-Sage

I'm so sorry that you have been having a bad day. Here's a ((((((hug)))))).

#198245 - 07/21/05 12:22 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hi Dalia, SOrry your b-day has sucked so far! It was a really dumb thing of him to do. (But as a guy I've done my share of stupid things so I sympatize with him a little!)

I'm not defending his gift - it wasn't very thoughtful to get that for your b-day. But I would say his reaction makes sense in a way. By giving you this thing that he has a fantasy about, he's really putting himself out there - its a vulnerable position to be in. And you had every right to point out that this wasn't really a present for you, had nothing to do with any interest of yours, etc. But he still must have felt very embarrassed and judged. (Of course he could have avoided all that by letting you know about his fantasies in a better context than your birthday!) Sometimes you can't laugh about something together until some time has passed - but I hope eventually you both will!
Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review