All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Why don't most of you post on the Eating Board?
      #197136 - 07/19/05 07:50 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I think it's great that you guys are all doing well, but a lot of your names I don't even recognize because I only usually post on the Eating Board as I try to come up with some answers.

I'm sure you guys all appreciated the help you once needed before getting better...so don't you think it would help others to get your words of advice?

I hope you guys reconsider. I appreciate all the names/faces I do see that are posting over there,,,,but so many unfamiliar one. And a lot used to post but never hardly do anymore...which I guess is your perogitive.

I know I won't be too popular now! Just asking you guys to remember back when you were'nt doing so well and maybe help us to learn how to get better. There are a lot of us who don't know how to answer each other because we aren't were you guys are.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I can speak for myself... new
      #197140 - 07/19/05 07:56 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

The living room area is now like a place to hang out and actch up on how all my ibs buddies are doing. I think many of us have been on the boards for a year or more and are pretty stable.

I think we all try to get to the other areas but I personally find the l.r. to be the most interesting.

Re: Why don't most of you post on the Eating Board? new
      #197143 - 07/19/05 08:01 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I check out the Eating Board, but I only post when I think I can say something to help someone else. I'm IBS-A now, but I was D before, so I can't really help much with the C's. So I may not be much help for some people.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#197146 - 07/19/05 08:03 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Not to ruffle feathers- lately the eating bored has been full of super cranky newbies that demand advice and then reject it, or ask question after question without doing a search. I don't mind helping people- but I do mind beating my head against a wall.

#197148 - 07/19/05 08:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I agree, I'm all about helping people but I get tired of the same exact questions over and over and over. I do look at the eating for ibs board everyday and I'll respond to a few things, especially that have the due with C, but if I see a question thats already been asked a billion times, I just skip it.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I agree new
      #197159 - 07/19/05 08:35 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I always come to the Living Room first. I feel like I know more people here than I do the diet board and lately it seems many of the questions are related to IBS C which I cannot help with because if I even am C I thank my lucky stars.

--------------------
Janey

Another thought new
      #197172 - 07/19/05 08:40 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

I also think those of us that hang out in the LR are pretty much stable and the LR gives us a chance to discuss other problems that aren't related to IBS. We have IBS under control for the most part and need to work on other life issues.

--------------------
Janey

#197174 - 07/19/05 08:41 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04

I agree with Jenny.. I check daily, but 95% of the questions have been covered before.

--------------------

#197177 - 07/19/05 08:54 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I'll echo the others here. I've been on these boards for more than a year. I check the Eating board every day, several times a day. I only respond when it is something I know something about. There are a lot of repeaters right now who don't/won't search, and if they find something, don't like what it says. Nothing can be done about that.

I come to the living room to check in with others and encourage folks. I do the same thing on the Eating board. Sorry you are not satisified with all of the information at your disposal. I hope you will be patient and find a stable point where you feel more at home on the boards. Sorry you are having a bad experience.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

This is my point new
      #197181 - 07/19/05 08:59 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Since you're all stable, you could help the people who aren't just like you were all helped. Then maybe the unstable ones could become stable and start helping others too.

I thought the purpose of the board were for everyone to try and help each other. Sorry if this offends anyone. I guess everyone has made their own decisions.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 168 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30762

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review