All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
to that end... new
      #197608 - 07/20/05 06:43 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I work from home so my world is somewhat narrow during the work day and the LR is a funplace to socialize with others..it being a social topic-unspecific board.

It's funny...every month I get excited with Michele about a possible pregnancy...celebrated with Cara and others about their pregnancy...prayed for Shelbi, BL and others...commiserated with Stephie on all of her dental stuff-ouch.

It is as if I know many of the folks in the LR personally and I take joy in peeking into the window of their lives and hope that somehow my silly stories may bring a smile to ones face.

So I suppose my coming to the LR has more to do with friends and the fun relationships in here than it does IBS.

Cyndy...this was a great discussion and I think it caused many of us to think about the "why".

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Real people new
      #197609 - 07/20/05 06:45 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Ah, and here I was beginning to hope that someday I'd get to be a real girl. All my hope crushed.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Yep... new
      #197612 - 07/20/05 06:50 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Like I said in an email, though posting on the Diet board is a good thing to do, it is not an obligation anyone bears. Nobody here is paid to do so. I appreciate what you pointed out Sand, and I will keep that in consideration, but as for some recent posts- I don't think it's appropriate for non-moderators to be criticizing people for what they choose to do in their free time, on a voluntary message board. I know Cyndy was just making a request, and like I said, I'll keep that in mind, but I don't think anyone should feel guilty- particularly with people who are having a really tough time in their own lives and should be focusing on feeling mentally well or happy or getting pregnant or getting over their colds or holes in their heads, and not worrying about the Diet board just now.

But they don't read them anyway... new
      #197618 - 07/20/05 07:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...and that's part of the problem. There's so much info available from those sticky posts.

Okay, a little confused new
      #197620 - 07/20/05 07:13 AM
Sand

I'm not quite sure how I ended up in here since this seems to be a response to something someone else said. I certainly don't think that anyone should feel guilty for not posting on the Diet Board. Actually, I kind of hope that only people who want to post there - or anywhere - do so.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: But they don't read them anyway... new
      #197621 - 07/20/05 07:15 AM
Sand

Hmm, I though AmandaPanda was suggesting the posters looking for help put better subject lines in their own posts, so responders could better find the ones they felt capable of responding to. (And, no, people don't seem to read the sticky posts.)

--------------------

Oh, I was referring to... new
      #197623 - 07/20/05 07:18 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...your suggestion of putting Panda's suggestion in a new poster sticky post!

Ah, got you. This is getting awfully confusing. -nt- new
      #197628 - 07/20/05 07:33 AM
Sand

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 31384

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review