All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
For you E-Bay pros!
      #196345 - 07/16/05 05:59 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I buy a lot of my suits from e-bay. It is unbelievable how you can get a $200.00 for less than $35.00 and that included shipping! I will not pay over $40.00 for a $200.00 suit and prefer to pay only $35.00. E-bay can be somewhat addicting!

Anyway...in general, I pay within hours of winning the bid and I received my item within a week. If I am not mistaken, sellers are supposed to ship within 4 days of receiving payment.

If one doesn't ship until 11 days after pmt. is received what kind of feedback should one leave? I left a neutral because this seller was much slower than the norm and did not communicate like others do...did not respond to my e-mail sent two days before she shipped my item until after she had shipped it.

My feedback stated "great suit...shipped eleven days after pmt." I stated fact, did not say anything ugly.

Was I too hard on this seller? Just curious.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For you E-Bay pros! new
      #196348 - 07/16/05 06:37 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm new to all this but it sounds fine to me. All the people I've been dealing with have been great at getting back to me promptly...as I think they should be if they want to sell stuff.

#196360 - 07/16/05 07:57 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Personally ... BEFORE leaving feedback, if you have any kind of problem, you should really talk to the seller first! I have just started selling, but I've done a lot of buying, and I think all we eBayers are kind of freaks about our feedback! the rest of my family is also big on eBay and we are always complaining about "feedback blackmail" -- you're afraid to leave a negative for fear the other person will leave a negative as well and besmirch your pristine feedback.

Having said that, eleven days DOES seem pretty slow to me, and she really should have offered some kind of explanation. On the other hand, most sellers say in their terms when they will ship, and if she never specifies, in a way how can you complain about eleven days when she never said it would be any faster?

But, your feedback was still pretty neutral, so I wouldn't stress about it. In the future I would definitely recommend talking to the seller before leaving feedback if you're considering leaving a neutral or negative.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Jen new
      #196376 - 07/16/05 08:47 AM
poochibelly

I guess I wonder what the point of contacting the seller is when shipping is slow given the fact that she hasn't responded to my e-mails?

I too am somewhat fanatical about my feedback as I have received retaliatory feedback myself. I think that if a buyer pays immediately one should receive positive feedback. If a seller ships in due time, she should receive the same.

There is a stipulation somewhere that states a seller should ship within 4 days of receiving payment and in this case the seller was well over that.

In comparison to other sellers, this one was particularly slow and she lacked in communication. It's a hard one isn't it?

Some of the neg. feedback or responses are so funny.

--------------------

Re: Jen new
      #196408 - 07/16/05 12:01 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Ooops! Forgot that part of your complaint was that she hadn't responded to your emails. Sorry ... mind ... sieve ... you know!

Is there really a stipulation that it has to ship within 4 days of payment?? I never knew that.

Anyway, like I said, I still don't think you were out of line. Your experience wasn't great and you have a right to warn others of it.

I've had an "iffy" experience like that, and I decided in the end not to leave any feedback. I emailed the seller and explained why. They just got defensive about their item, but they did leave me positive feedback.

Ugh, don't you just hate the whole feedback system sometimes??

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Good idea.... new
      #196437 - 07/16/05 05:31 PM
poochibelly

on not leaving any feedback at all. I try really hard to be fair and kind.

I read somewhere on the site that a seller should ship within a few days. I don't think I would really care when my item shipped unless I was in a hurry as long as the seller communicated.

I think for sellers, communication and follow thru is key.
Oh well...I have the problem of the incredible shrinking closet so I need to stay off of ebay! Ha ha.

--------------------

#196439 - 07/16/05 05:56 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

As a seller, I try my darn hardest to (1) communicate with my buyers every step of the way and (2) VOLUNTARILY let them know if any delays have come up. I figure that's all just common courtesy, but I've BOUGHT enough things on ebay to realize it isn't so common after all.

So I don't think you were hard on the seller, no. I'm sorry she was such a dud!

One thing to watch for is the method of shipping used. On the rare occasion that I get buyers asking me where their item is, it's almost always because they expected I'd ship it Priority Mail, and never read in the auction that I shipped it Parcel Post or Media Mail (which wouldn't apply to clothes, but MM can take up to a month!). Not saying that's what happened, but just a tip - something to watch for.

By the way, as far as I know, there isn't any rule stating that sellers have to ship within 4 days. In fact, I know for sure that there are some sellers who only go to the PO once a week. So if you can find that somewhere on the ebay site, post the link, because that's news to me, and I've been selling for a long time!

Casey new
      #196468 - 07/16/05 08:22 PM
poochibelly

Do you know that I have searched ebay today looking for that "rule" that says they have to mail within a few days and I can find nothing. Could I have been imagining things? Perhaps the "mental-pause" has set in!

I do stand by rating that transaction neutral as it did take her ELEVEN days after receiving my payment. Had I not e-mailed her I probably wouldn't have the dress now.

I think it important as buyers and sellers that we be honest and by all means fair. I stated fact..."beautiful suit, shipped eleven days after payment received". There is one guy "makebigbuk" on ebay that called someone "baloney-sausage"...what a hoot!

I guess that I have been blessed with 99% wonderful sellers who ship within a few days and communicate well. This one was the exception...it happens.

I do have to shut down e-bay...really! I LOVE getting a good buy! We are moving soon and my house has a HUGE closet just for me! Oh the temptation of filling it up is just tooo much!

--------------------

Baloney-sausage - LOL!! new
      #196496 - 07/17/05 04:16 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, THAT was a good giggle first thing in the morning! Hah!

Oh yeah... like I said, 11 days, without some kind of prior warning/apology/explanation from the seller, is inexcusible. Your feedback is completely justified. I definitely wouldn't give it another thought.

I know what you mean about staying away from ebay! I used to buy A LOT... only sheer force of will keeps me from buying more than I'm selling now.

#197007 - 07/18/05 07:38 PM
jonesgirl

Reged: 10/03/04
Loc: Ohio

Naw... you were fair. I got an irate email back from a seller for leaving a neutral because he sold a "Steve & Barry" shirt to me for more than I would have paid at the store. He was ticked!! I told him straight up that I felt it should have been advertised as a Steve & Barry's, because I could have gotten it for $5-7 instead of the $10.50 or so PLUS shipping/handling. Ripoff... but I have had mostly good experiences. Did ALOT of shopping for the wedding... actually had a Barbie Bride tea party for daughter and the girls, and bought almost all the Barbie Bride stuff thru ebay... spent WAY too much money on the items and the professional tea party lady, money I could really use now that we're less than 3 wks from the wedding... but I wouldn't have traded the BB tea party for anything... it was SOOOOOO fun! ~K~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 257 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 688

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review