All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Selling on Amazon
      #196086 - 07/15/05 12:02 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Guys, for those who recommended to me trying to sell some of my stuff on Amazon, I just had a few questions. I'm confused about shipping. I was reading about it on Amazon and it says they reimburse for shipping, so does that mean I have to pay for shipping up front? Because when I sell on ebay the buyer pays shipping...or do I ask for shipping from the buyer.

Thanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Selling on Amazon new
      #196097 - 07/15/05 12:16 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

no amazon pays for the shipping and they reinburse you later when they reinburse you for the sale of the item.

so basically.. the person pays for the shipping (but amazon charges them, you dont' decide it), amazon gives you extra money on your sale, and you bring it to the post office and pay for shipping to ship it, however, more often than not what you make from amazon for shipping more than covers the expense.

--------------------

Thanks Ashley! new
      #196131 - 07/15/05 01:25 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks so much for the info. Your textbook idea was really great, I have a ton of textbooks from first year that my campuses used bookstore wouldn't buy back and I thought I was stuck with them. Hopefully I can make a few bucks this way

No Prob new
      #196312 - 07/15/05 09:26 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I've sold almost all of mine this way, and you charge alot more. Just check what everyone else is charging and make yours a dollar or so cheaper and you're sure to make a sale.

it might not be a quick fix, but come august/sept when people need books for school you're sure to sell them!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 422

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review