All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: Parallel childhoods?! new
      #195563 - 07/14/05 08:25 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, the first time I went to the grocery store for myself and bought the GOOD icecream and REAL meat, I felt like such a big shot! LOL!!!

I too feel a bit bad about joking knowing my mom struggled and worked hard to give me what I had and I am grateful! And also knowing that some childern eat from dumpsters, that makes me so sad, but thats topic for a whole other thread as this one had kinda taken on a life of its own already! I'm just happy I never have to eat another cheap pot pie or plate of SOS in my life!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:I almost forgot about the fish sticks!!!! new
      #195566 - 07/14/05 08:30 AM
michele

Oh, gosh, I ate so many fish sticks growing up, I thought I would grow gills!!!! Was there even any real fish in those???

My mom was a bartender for a long time and I always new when she had made good tips because we would have actual hamburger in our spaghetti!!! But to be honest, I really thought thats how everyone ate because I didn't know any different until I was much older!

--------------------

Re: Wow Brittany new
      #195568 - 07/14/05 08:39 AM
michele

That sounds like such a great plan! You DO sound like you have it "together!!" I'm proud of you for wanting to get more life expierence before looking for a man! I think if more people did this, there would be a lot less divorce!!

I would most definitely come to your b&b! I've only ever stayed at two but really enjoyed it!! I too, like interior design and I think its great you are pursuing it but don't be afraid to change your mind if you find something else you like better! Its all about being happy!

--------------------

Re: Wow Brittany new
      #195569 - 07/14/05 08:43 AM

Unregistered

Thanks Michele!

I hope I have it together. I know what I want to do, so we'll just have to see how it pans out. I'm supposed to be staying in a B&B in savannah tomorrow night with my friend. We're taking a road trip to D.C to meet my parents. I've only stayed in one other honest B&B but that was a long time ago. I'll be taking lots of notes!

Plan For the Furture new
      #195573 - 07/14/05 08:54 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

You all seem young enough to have time to paln for the future. I never made enough to put any away. Now I live at a place that gives us powdered milk, fish sticks, mac and cheese, frozen mixed veggies (I won't eat them) and what looks like pot pie w/o the crust aka 'chicken ala king'. Actually what it looks like is those plastic puke things you buy at a joke shop. It's mixed veg, gravy, and a little bit of chicken. So plan ahead gals, living on SSI ain't the greatest.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Lana - was this for me?? new
      #195592 - 07/14/05 09:24 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Sorry, too many new posts and I couldn't tell if you were writing this to me or not!

Anwyays, I have heard that so much, that I might hate being at home, etc. But honestly, I have been at home over a year now, and still love it...there are TONS of SATM's in my neighborhood, heck, there's 5 of them surrounding my house...so we are constantly doing things together, etc. I won't miss adult interaction because of them! Besides, I'm one of those people who really likes being alone anyways - I NEED that alone time!

You are so lucky to have your sister there to watch him! See that would be perfect. I dont' have family around here I trust my neighbors, but not enough...just because they have their own kids, and their own ways of disciplining, etc.

Anyways, I'm glad you figured out what works for you - it sounds like a great situation!

THanks for sharing

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: by the way ... new
      #195614 - 07/14/05 10:27 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Now I'm totally craving potato buds. Thanks for nothing!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: No offense taken, really! new
      #195634 - 07/14/05 11:47 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I think because probably more than half that post on these boards do stay home that I just felt that there was no working mom's speaking up and I kinda just wanted to add how my life goes. I also live in a development where 90% of the mom's don't work and it gets frustrating cause they all have their own little "click" and I sometimes feel left out cause I work. To be honest with you though I think if I didn't work I'd fall into their gossipy ways that I don't want to be like that. Sometimes it's better to be out of the loop

Anyways, with the kind of job you have, I can guarantee that you will not be happy working the hours that you do if you had a little one. Your choice to stay home would be a smart one at least for the first years maybe until they go to school. Of course, it does get a bit easier but it's still hectic with after school activities! It really never ends.

I would be fine staying home part time but probably not full time. I'd go a bit crazy. I have to agree with LanaMarie though, I think we all have it in our minds that we are supposed to stay home or should stay home and when that plan doesn't work, we feel guilty. I think you best bet is to try it and see. If it doesn't work after the first 6mths or so, would your employer let you come back? That's something to think about.

Thanks for the kind words. I really didn't mean to make anyone think that I thought I was a bad person, but sometimes guilt makes you wonder

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

I do that too! new
      #195638 - 07/14/05 11:53 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm a real one-decision-and-stick-with-it person too. I'm not that impulsive...I think about decisions for ages...but then I make up my mind and that's it. My Mum drives me mad...she makes a decision, changes her mind a million times and then spends years regretting she didn't do something different!

Me, too.... new
      #195639 - 07/14/05 11:59 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

but I think it's because I like things to happen quickly, and I know I will debate with myself endlessly and needlessly. I know people who are incapable of making ANY decisions, and I'd rather be the way I am than like that!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33405

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review