All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: Sing it, Sister! new
      #195543 - 07/14/05 08:08 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Maybe all that fake crap that we ate as kids is why or stomachs are all screwed up now.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: oh my michele!! new
      #195545 - 07/14/05 08:09 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh my gosh.. that is a terrible story. Its like you'd never think that stuff like that would happen.

And I agree about funerals and everything. i've been to a few, and generally when the person is in their 70s or 80s, its not as scary. however, I've been to my cousin's wake who was killed when he was 21 and a girl on my field hockey teamed who was killed when we were 16, and I'll never forget the open casket there to this very day.

I guess when they are young, and its unexpected it just hits you alot harder.

--------------------

ash ... new
      #195546 - 07/14/05 08:11 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

don't you have a quiz to study for?

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Sing it, Sister! new
      #195548 - 07/14/05 08:11 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh, Fake mashed potatoes!! Yep, ate my share growing up! In fact, we only had "real" potatoes on holidays!! My mom wasn't much of a cooker!! Not sure I ever had the vienna sausages but we got served boiled ring balony, a lot!!!

How about the SOS?? Thats sh$t on a shingle!! Whatever kinda grease gravey she could come up with, over toast, ugh! Gulosh was another we ate a lot of and I hated!!

No, we never had twinkies or fruit rollups or anything like that. She would buy BIG containers of icecream, the cheap kind by the gallon, so we had lots of that on those cheap colored cones! Once in a blue moon we would get Mc Donalds or Taco Bell as they were much cheapier than a real restraunt! Oh, we did have the sugary cereals but with POWDERED milk, that stuff was the worse!!! ACK!!! Makes me gag just thinking about it!! And more cool aide than a kid should ever drink!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: oh my michele!! new
      #195549 - 07/14/05 08:12 AM

Unregistered

Wow that is quite a story. Again I have to say that you are such a brave and strong person and you should never be ashamed of anything (your job included). And if you asked around just on the board I think you'd find that you've influenced peoples lives and helped them more than you know.

This thread has turned out to be quite an interesting one! It's nice to share stuff with people.

Re: Don't forget frozen pot pies!!! new
      #195553 - 07/14/05 08:17 AM
michele

You know, the cheap kind 4 for a dollar kinda thing! Double ACK!!!!

The thing I hated most, was frozen mixed vegatables!!!! I would eat canned veggies but I hated that frozen meoldy mix with the bracolli and califlower. She would make me sit at the table for HOURS until I ate it! Tried everything in the book, spit it out in your coolaide cup, spit it out in the napkin, hide in under the cushion!!! We didn't have a dog to feed it too when she wasn't looking! I think I even buried some in a potted house plant once!! Why do parents torture their kids so?????

--------------------

Parallel childhoods?! new
      #195554 - 07/14/05 08:17 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Thank you for reminding me of SOS---or should I say NO thank you. YES we ate that, I even remember the plastic plates we ate it on. And yes, lots of Kool-aid, and oh man I had totally forgot about those huge gallon ice creams! We SO had those too!! Later in life when I bought Breyer's I felt very fancy.
Oh, I feel bad joking, I'm sure my mom did the best she could, and I'd NEVER joke to her face. We certainly didn't starve, and I guess I learned to savor quality food!

--------------------

I am cracking UP!!! new
      #195558 - 07/14/05 08:21 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

yes--those frozen pot pies for 25 cents, I swear. Oh man...I can taste it now!! And I was GOING to mention mixed veggies but forgot. It's like...let's take all the veggies that don't pass inspection cause they are crappy and put them with other crappy veggies and then we'll call it mixed veggies and people will eat it. I won't eat it to this day! And the medley is awful too.
And I think the reason I didn't like fish until I was an adult was fish sticks.

--------------------

Re: Aw, thanks Brittany! new
      #195559 - 07/14/05 08:21 AM
michele

You're so sweet! I do feel like I've made some really good friends here and I don't seem to have too much of a problem telling all my secrets on the world wide web, funny how that works!!! It took my shrink months to get me to open up and her I can just blab away!

I must say that whitout the support of this baord the last year or so, I would have had a very hard time coping! You've all done so much to help me with your neverending kind words and unconditional support and love!

--------------------

Re: Don't forget frozen pot pies!!! new
      #195560 - 07/14/05 08:24 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I'm trying to forget them. Yes .. 4/$1.00. Two for my mother, one each for me and my brother, instant mashed on the side. My mother was a good cook, but couldn't stretch the little money that my father sent. In the summers (tourist town) she worked in a restaurant and the owner always sent leftovers home with her. That's when we got roast beef, etc. One summer we actually were getting sick of lobster. (well almost sick of lobster).

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 347 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33405

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review