All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: Well, if you're crazy, I'm crazy! new
      #195521 - 07/14/05 07:47 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Heh, these days my dreams are always that I'm at school and I've failed to make a syllabus, or any kind of class plan or lecture. In fact, I've started staying awake all night panicking because I don't have syllabi for my classes this fall yet... which means it's time to sit down and make them so I can relax.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ha ha!! new
      #195522 - 07/14/05 07:49 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Here are a few others I was forced to eat: Spam, vienna sausages, and some other tv dinner items I can STILL taste: crappy friend chicken, wilted crinkle cut fries, crusty brownie, cinnamon apples. I mean, I remember these dinners like they were yesterday. I wasn't at the time thinking "Gee, we have no money for real food", I just thought "my mom doesn't give me good food". Oh well, I survived, and my appetite certainly hasn't suffered!

--------------------

Re: by the way ... new
      #195523 - 07/14/05 07:50 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Making babies and potato buds ..... interesting.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

oh my michele!! new
      #195526 - 07/14/05 07:50 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I can't believe your ex husband was murdered! that is so traumatic. Was it completely unexpected and out of the blue, or was he in trouble already?

Anyways.. I'm glad you met will and that things are looking up!

--------------------

Re: Whoa!! new
      #195528 - 07/14/05 07:52 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Potato buds, are those like frozen french fries or something? I grew up on Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, SPAM (yes, the meat in a can-makes me ill to even see it now!) But I think my favorite childhood food was the Goober pb&j, you know the stuff in the jar thats stripped with peanutbutter and jelly? I would sneak into the kitchen and sit on the floor with a spoon and eat it right out of the jar!!!!

I definitely want my kids to grow up happier than I did. I've spent over a year in therapy now and have come to terms with a lot of my childhood issues. I would never really abused or anything like that but I felt growing up that I wasn't really loved. My mom and I have since made up and talk on the phone at least once a week. I know she did the best she could and others had it a lot worse than me. It just makes me want to LOVE and PROVIDE for my child that much more! Overall, I'm pretty well adjusted and pretty happy! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

You're so cool!! new
      #195529 - 07/14/05 07:55 AM
epa_ginger

I wish my sister in law had your outlook. She was almost engaged in college, but broke it off when we graduated (she's my age) over fear of an unlived life, but ever since then, it's been a string of guys she thinks she can mold into the perfect husband. And it ISN'T working. She's been in a major rush to get married (not seeming to care to WHOM), ever since then. And I think it's partially fueled by the fact that her little brother (my husband) got married already and will have kids soon. I think she feels she's lagging behind.
We have tried to convince her to take some chances, get out and live life a little!! It's the perfect time to try new things, because she has no one but herself to think of, but she's paralyzed. The girl is 29, makes loads of money, probably has $60k in the bank, and lives at home!! With her parents, AND little siblings (aged 9 and 11). It's like she thinks if she's still at home, she hasn't grown up yet and then it's ok she's not married. It's getting pretty sad.

AND I think you're cool because your job is creative! I LOVE crafty stuff, and I'm trying to learn different things, I have a craft desk in my basement and all kinds of supplies. I really like mosaics (am making my mom a table), and I'm trying to teach myself to sew. I just have to set aside the time to do this. One of my goals for the next 6 months--get crafty! I look forward to seeing your pics!

--------------------

Re: Making babies ... and then staying home with them! new
      #195531 - 07/14/05 07:56 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Yeah I think sometimes I just arbitrarily pick something and stick to it, instead of wavering and looking unsure of myself. I hate wavering. I picked one college, applied, and went. Even when I was miserable at times I never thought of transferring. I picked 2 majors and stuck to them. Everyone said Spanish majors should go abroad, so I did. I applied to one law school, got in, and went. I don't like the idea of considering many options at once. I stay in monogamous long-term relationships for a long time, never think about dating around. When I break up, I am totally over it and I move on right away. I've never gotten back with an ex, ever. I have sometimes looked back and questioned decisions, but never aloud, and I've never redone anything. I guess that makes people think I'm decisive, but really I think I'm impulsive and afraid of giving the impression of wavering.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: You're so cool!! new
      #195534 - 07/14/05 08:02 AM

Unregistered

Yay I'm cool! Haha..sometimes I wonder

Your sister in law sounds like she's confused. Hopefully I will be married to someone fabulous before I'm 30...but sometimes I wonder if I'll be one of those girls who is 35 and still hasn't found someone she thinks is right and then people are tapping their watches and saying I better have a kid before it's too late. Hmm...:)

Well I'm glad you like to be crafty too. I love getting all messy and just having fun. I welded this huge rocking chair out of steel freshman year in school and it was great because I was scared to do it at first, but once I gave into it I loved it! Sitting there in my cool goggles and covered in ash and getting hit with welding sparks - best time ever! You'll have to post a pic of your table you're making - I wish I did more mosaic stuff!

Re: oh my michele!! new
      #195536 - 07/14/05 08:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh no, it was totally unexpected. He worked as the night manager at Red Lobster in Benton Harbor. Benton Harbor is a nasty place, highest crime rate per person in the state of Mi. We lived in the next town over, St. Joseph. Anyways, I had just moved out and he just moved in with his fluzy of a girlfriend (yeah, I'm still a bit bitter ) as she was pregnant with his kid. I was told when he didn't come home, she drove to the restraunt to check on him as she couldn't get anyone to answer the phone. His car was in the parking lot but the doors were locked. She called the police and he was found stabed to death in the office. I still have nightmares and can't watch any movies with stabbings or anything like that in it.

They caught the guy, he was a crack addict who worked in the kitchen. Chip (my ex-husband) had loaned him some money earlier in the night and this guy came back later looking for another handout. When Chip refused, he pulled a big knife from the kitchen and threaten him. Chip open the safe and gave him ALl the money but the guy still stabbed him, 36 times!

Unfortunately, we don't have the death penalty in Mi. The guy was sentanced to life, which in Mi means 30 years. I still get and send christmas cards to his family. The funeral was hard as I had never been to a funeral. It was open casket and I've never been able to get the image of him laying in the casket out of my head. I made the mistake of touching him, he was cold and hard, I almost passed out.

That was a long time ago and I think I've come to term with it, as best as one can. I'm no longer angry and just try to remember the good things about him and our relationship.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Sing it, Sister! new
      #195537 - 07/14/05 08:04 AM
epa_ginger

They're fake mashed potatoes!! For some reason, I find them very offensive. My husband likes them though.
Spam!! I had to eat that too! Did you ever eat vienna sausages??? WAY worse. One thing we never ate, cause we couldn't afford it, was stuff like Twinkies, Fruit Roll-Ups, sugary cereal, McDonald's....I guess it's good that I never developed a taste for that stuff!
And you're definitely right--what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I see evidence of that every day. Live and learn, right?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33405

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review