All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
HELL of a morning.....
      #194538 - 07/12/05 09:32 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I had an appt at the hospital near my house this morning. I went straight from home and was even able to sleep in a bit. I got there and after searching for 10 mins how to get to the 7th floor get to the info desk.

"Where is room 7401" I get a blank stare and then the guy opens his eyes wide and says "Do you think you're at the General Hospital?" Yes I said.

Long story short, I went to the WRONG hospital and called the right office to tell them what happened. THANKFULLY they agreed to see me even though I was over an hour late. (opposite end of town!) When I got there I needed my green hospital card. I didn't have it with me so I had to go register. Aggghhhhh.... The secretary for my doc called down to give them all my info so it was ready when I got there. VERY NICE!!!

So I got it and the angel of a doctor (neurologist) saw me RIGHT AWAY even though he had a dozen patients waiting. I think he felt sorry for me.

Agggghhhhh, I got to work way later then I was supposed to and completely missed out staff meeting.

Is is 5pm yet????

I'm ok but they can't do anything about my insomnia. I am stuck with it. That S-U-C-K-S!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELL of a morning..... new
      #194541 - 07/12/05 09:35 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

*HUGS* It sucks they can't do anything for your insomnia, but that's awesome that the doc/doc's office was so understanding!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#194542 - 07/12/05 09:37 AM
Sara-Sage

I'm so glad. He could have been a huge jerk and made me reschedule. He is very laid back and said the he juggled a few patients around to fit me in. How sweet!!!!

I am a bit of a freak though in my insomnia issue so maybe I challenge him? I was born with it which is VERY rare. Most people have it because of health problems or psychological problems. Not me.

#194543 - 07/12/05 09:40 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yikes.....that totally sucks!! At least you got it all over with though. It'll be 5 before you know it!! Hang in there....

#194545 - 07/12/05 09:42 AM
Sara-Sage

Yes it is over with. I even held in my tears of frustration, barely, but I did....

#194550 - 07/12/05 09:49 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Totally sounds like days I've had too honey. Thank goodness everyone was nice to ya. Hope they can figure out something so you can sleep.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Shell new
      #194551 - 07/12/05 09:50 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh yes, we all have days like this. And then being nice is probably what helped me not burst into tears.

The doc said to make myself very tired so I can sleep more soundly. I will have to start exercising eevry night or something. Does all your exercise help you and Shane sleep better?

Re: Shell new
      #194558 - 07/12/05 09:58 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Yes, we both sleep very well....BUT we are done working out by 8pm at the lastest (we have a burst of energy) then we are able to sleep well by 11pm..much before that and we are still in our burst zone...LOL

Have you tried reading? That always makes me tired..... try it in bed with a booklight only...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Shell new
      #194564 - 07/12/05 10:05 AM
Sara-Sage

I joined a gym one year to help me sleep. It didn't, I found that I had so much energy that sleep was the last thing I wanted to do.

I will try reading. Great suggestion!

Now THAT is a bad morning! I'm so sorry!! new
      #194582 - 07/12/05 10:42 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Don't feel too bad, I've done this before, too. There are like 6 hospitals in our area and I did NOT make it to the appt I was headed to! They were kidn to see you. Sorry they can't help you though...

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7957

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review