All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Rats! new
      #194926 - 07/13/05 12:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I daren't take that then. I'm on the edge of getting depressed again as it is. And I've been having lots of anxiety issues which isn't normal for me when I'm on my a-d's.

I WOULD ask my doc's advice but she's hopeless (yah, I'm gonna change when I have some time to think!). She doesn't really "get" Fibro so doesn't seem to understand that it's not just normal mild insomnia...yes, she actually gave me a list that told me ground breaking things like "don't drink caffeinated drinks before bed". Uh, DUH! Like that helps.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rats! new
      #194981 - 07/13/05 06:19 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Can you call a pharmacist? They are usually pretty about this sort of thing...I find they know at least as much as the docs I see...often more! just a thought...
I feel for you...hadn't slepot in WEEKS AND WEEKS and I finally slept! Didn't take t last night and it took me AGES to fall asleep and I know it was restless when I did *sigh* I can't wait for a clean diagnosis so I know what's wrong, what to expect, and what to do about it!!!

Love,
Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Here's my story... new
      #194985 - 07/13/05 06:28 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Kim,

I will post it here incase anyone else wants to know the answer.

I had a sleep study done at a Sleep Clinic where I was hooked up to a million electrode to monitor my every move, breath, heart beat, muscle twitch, etc. They also watched me from a camera above the bed. I slept there all night while they monotiored me and watched my results come in through the various monitors. It wasn't fun but was painless.

I got the results back and the study indicated that I don't reach stages 3 and 4 of deep sleep so that it why I a NEVER refreshed when waking up. I saty in stage 2 (light sleep) and am mostly in REM sleep wichi is dream sleep and not restortaive/refreshing sleep.

So I met with a neurologist to go over my results. He told me it wasn't pyschological as I am already on an anti-depressant and it wasn't medical. He said there must have been a trama at birth or that when my cells came together when I was being devloped, something went a tad wrong and that part didn't develop properly.

The MRI that I had revealed nothing to answer any quetions about how to help my insomnia. I was told sleep aids wouldn't work (and they don't). So I'm out of luck.

But tell your hubbie to see the doctor and request an overnight sleep study. He could have sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome or just plain olf insomnia. It CAN be treated in most circumstances.

Let me know what happens, Kim!

Tina

Re: Butting in.... new
      #194987 - 07/13/05 06:30 AM
Sara-Sage

The hypnosis tapes? Hmmmmm.... never even considered that!

Might consider it....

Thanks.

Re: What helped me sleep... new
      #194989 - 07/13/05 06:33 AM
Sara-Sage

Sis!

I have looked at malatonin. I chose Valerian over it but maybe I will go try malatonin. I am up for anything, really.

How are you doing this week?

Re: Melatonin...beware... new
      #194990 - 07/13/05 06:35 AM
Sara-Sage

..........that's why I didn't buy it! because the folks at the health food store said it didn't mix with Celexa! So I decided not to risk it..........

Yes, you should! new
      #194991 - 07/13/05 06:40 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I'm not sure I've ever actually listened to the end of any of the sessions!! Even one night, it was midnight, I was trying to sleep when some idiot kids from our neighborhood started messing with us, taped a rock to our picture window, hid by a tree and pulled the string to make it sound like it was knocking our window. Morons! Anyway, I went back to bed severely agitated, thinking I'd never get back to sleep, but I put in the cd, put the headphones on, and poof! I was out!

--------------------

Re: Yes, you should! new
      #195017 - 07/13/05 07:03 AM
Sara-Sage

I remember you posting about those kids.

Really? It put you back to sleep!? That's IMPRESSIVE!

Thanks for this! new
      #195037 - 07/13/05 07:46 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I have suggested this in the past, but will keep doing so. Like I mentioned earlier, this year we have had two other major health issues brewing that make DH hesitant to add anything else to the list. BUT, it is getting much worse, and I can't imagine it is good for anyone's health, because we all feel the effect.

Thanks for sharing this, and I will continue to gently prod hubby to see if we can't get this resolved. I sure hope you can find relief too!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Sorry to hear this TIna.... new
      #195042 - 07/13/05 07:54 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Can you get a second opinion. I can't believe there isn't anything they can do for you!! That is horrible! I fall apart if I don't get sleep, I can only imagine how you feel with no deep sleep ever.

Sending prayers your way.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2257 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7986

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review