All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Milk and D
      #194006 - 07/11/05 06:17 AM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

I've been eating and drinking milk products lately, cheese etc. My belly is extremely noisey and when I pass gas I occasionally have uncontrollable small amounts of D!!! Is this the milk not being digested in my system...it's like I can't even feel the D until it's too late..only very small bit but still!!! I feel like I'm 80 and should be wearing diapers. I want to stop eating milk, but I love coffee in the morning and almost everything has MILK IN IT. Has anyone ever experienced this...I hope I'm not the only one.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Milk and D new
      #194023 - 07/11/05 06:52 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Well it sounds like you can't digest milk products correctly - most of us can't!
Have you tried soy products? I've gotten so used to soy milk that I actually like it better than regular milk.

I would post this on the 'Eating for IBS' board - you'll probably get more responses!

--------------------
~Cara~

#194026 - 07/11/05 06:54 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Milk is a huge trigger and therefore a huge NO no. But you can switch to silk creamer - they have it in most of the grocery stores.

Also - you do know that coffee is a trigger too. You may want to switch to herbal teas...my favorite is Apple cinnamon but for some reason I can't find it anymore

I used to love my coffee too - but it just caused me way too much trouble so I had to cut it out.

Are you newly diagnosed with IBS?

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#194032 - 07/11/05 06:58 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

Most of the people on the boards can't tolerate any dairy so that might be your problem. They use soy milk instead.

Fortunately, I can tolerate small amounts of dairy if I take a Lactaid pill first. You may be Lactose Intolerant, too. If you decide to take Lactaid be sure you don't get the chewable kind because they have Mannitol which is like Sorbitol and will give you "D" for sure.

Hope this helps.

Barbie

--------------------

Sounds like Lactose Intolerance to me new
      #194038 - 07/11/05 07:04 AM
momof2

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Belgium, but soon to be Maryland

I am terribly lactose intolerant, and until I was able to get dairy totally out of my diet I had a LOT of gas. I would also have a little D anytime I used to bathroom even to pee. It is really tough to get dairy out of the diet, but believe me, once you do you will feel a thousand times better.

Good Luck

--------------------
*Karyn* IBS D

Yeah no wonder you're feeling bad! new
      #194072 - 07/11/05 08:05 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Coffee is a GI irritant, caffeine is a GI stimuland and dairy is a general IBS trigger...and note it's not just the lactose, but also the whey, casein and fat.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 491 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 746

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review