All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
Absolutely!!!--nt new
      #194724 - 07/12/05 02:04 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Great idea!!! -nt- new
      #194728 - 07/12/05 02:08 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ahh, ladies..... new
      #194737 - 07/12/05 02:16 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

you are waiting for the PERFECT time. There is no such thing. If you wait until you have money, you'll be waiting forever.

We had no money when we had our 2 (13 months apart), and we survived. Because my pregnancies were back-to-back and I had some problems, I was unable to work.

But we survived it! And it was the best time of our lives! You just make do with what you have. Regardless of what people tell you, babies don't need much.

Wait until they're teenagers and they want cars, computers, cell phones---on top of college tuition to pay!!!

Life will always be expensive.

Suck it up and do it before you get too old. That's my 2 cents.

Re: Ahh, ladies..... new
      #194739 - 07/12/05 02:21 PM
chinagrl

Not waiting for a perfect time... just a better time. The perfect time would be after winning the lottery, the announcement of the cure for IBS, GERD, allergies, and asthma, and the news that they can extend your dog's life to be as long as yours. Barring that, I'll just finish up my course work so my school doesn't kill me.

Well, I'm not too old yet!! new
      #194741 - 07/12/05 02:23 PM
epa_ginger

I'm only 28!! But I know, you're right---there IS no perfect time. I pretty much know that, I'm just trying to figure out a few more things (like daycare, etc) before I go for it. It certainly wouldn't be disaster if it happened sooner than I planned. But I'm planning to start next year. I think about it so much I even dream about it!

--------------------

Let me know... new
      #194743 - 07/12/05 02:25 PM
epa_ginger

when they discover how to make dogs live forever so I can safely buy a puppy knowing I won't go through that kind of heartache again. It was too much!
And I'm sure if I had a cure for asthma I could run faster than 7.5 min miles one day...
Oh! But I won't need to win the lottery, because by then my husband will have invented some genius robotics product and we'll be living off of royalties from that. But good luck to you!

--------------------

Heh... new
      #194744 - 07/12/05 02:27 PM
chinagrl

I always tell mine he should invent some great piece of software the world can't do without. Then he tells me I should write some Pulitzer prize plays that are turned into movies.

Re: Well, I'm not too old yet!! Ditto, I'm only 26! -nt- new
      #194747 - 07/12/05 02:28 PM
chinagrl

I didn't mean you were old! new
      #194769 - 07/12/05 03:12 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

But the longer you wait, the older you will be when they're preteens/teenagers. And that's when you get no sleep!

A teen that's taking the car out for the first time.....loud music in the house constantly. .... chaperoning teen parties....trying to keep an eye on them when members of the opposite sex are over....it all adds up to years of NOT MUCH SLEEP!

I could go without sleep when I was younger, but when you're old (like me), you need your rest---or you're really crabby. You just can't stay awake like you used to.

Forget the financial worries. You need to be thinking about your energy level (or should I say, LACK of energy when you get older.)

If you have a baby at 40, you'd be loading up a U-Haul at age 60-something to move that little darliing into his/her apartment.

You can do it, but your body will ache for days. (Trust me. Mine hurts at 45 and 9/10ths.)

So get to work on that baby now --before you get too tired and cranky to handle that teen!

What if I'm already crabby? (Ha ha!) new
      #194788 - 07/12/05 04:02 PM
epa_ginger

I mean...even now if I don't get enough sleep---watch out! And don't even think about having a conversation with me until I've been up about an hour. (my poor husband).

I won't wait until I'm 40, I promise. i don't even want to wait until I'm 30. When i was in college, I thought I'd be married with one child at least by 24. Guess I'm running a bit behind....darn slow boyfriend and my darn career goals...

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 457 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22295

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review