All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
NOT Future Finanically Secure Mommies?? new
      #194306 - 07/11/05 04:19 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

well...we aren't financially secure i'd say, but we get by. it's true you are never "ready" financially for kids, but wahts life without a little struggling?? we both can make a decent pay check, and we have money left over for other stuff....so it works out for us....our kids may not be "privilaged" but thats what grandparents are for...haha

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

It's a pretend club..... new
      #194308 - 07/11/05 04:27 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

based on a couple of posts in this thread about some of us wanting to have kids but sort of waiting for finances to be more steady...chinagrl said "we should start a club" and that was the name I came up with!!! Of course, NOT an exclusive club! LOL!

--------------------

Re: Future Finanically Secure Mommies new
      #194310 - 07/11/05 04:30 PM
epa_ginger

You know, I just visited someone this weekend, she's a friend through other friends, but we've grown closer, and they have a cute older house, and are SO happy and fun and I found out this weekend they make probably combined what I make alone (not bad, but not much today), but they live simply and don't seem to want for anything, and that was kind of an inspiration to me. Like...do I NEED that Gap trench coat?? Not really---at best I should wait until it's $6.99 on clearance. Or..do I need to try every new makeup product on the market?? No! I think I just need to simplify overall. See...working in the Loop in Chicago can make you a little nutso after a while....

--------------------

Re:I'm in September too... new
      #194314 - 07/11/05 04:32 PM
epa_ginger

for my checkup. I'll write on my calendar to talk to my doc about prenatal vitamins too. Even my friend in med school told me this was one of the first things she learned---start early!

--------------------

Not exclusive at all... new
      #194325 - 07/11/05 05:10 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

we're kid daydreamers... we'll let anyone in who's wanting to have a kid but can't do it right now for a variety of reasons!!!

Me three! new
      #194347 - 07/11/05 06:06 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I want a baby soooo bad right now! But we are also trying to do the financially secure thing. We are actually going to start trying in January. I also have my dr's appointment in September like you guys, too! We will have to compare notes.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Nice... new
      #194363 - 07/11/05 06:46 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

It's cool to have a club of people in the same situation... we will definitely have to keep each other updated.

Re: prenatal recomendations new
      #194371 - 07/11/05 07:05 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Mine are called Natalcare - prescription...big pink pill. Been taking them for about 2 years now and they never hurt my tummy!! In fact, I think I'll take them forever as my multi-vitamin!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: NOT Future Finanically Secure Mommies?? new
      #194444 - 07/12/05 01:22 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I think my idea of financially secure is a little different to some of you! We just want to be able to pay all the bills without worrying each month before we start having kids. I've only been back in work (at a pittance) for 2 months having been unemployed for nearly a year. Plus cost of living round here is so much more than in most of the States.

Our kids will def. get spoiled by the grandparents (Si's parent's are pretty well off with a second house in Provence and mine are sailing/skiing nuts with their own little boat) so as long as we can afford a house and the basic stuff we'll be happy.

It's just the whole me-and-Fibro thing that makes us think it would be nice to wait until we could afford more help - it's a practical neccesity thing for us, not a luxury. I'm so scared I won't be able to look after my own baby properly. Mark Pellegrino (fibro patient-expert) recommends that Fibro mommies get as much help round the house as poss and have as much time as poss (ie. pref. don't work for quite a while) so that all the severely limited energy of a Fibromite with a baby can go into mother-baby bonding and recovering from pregnancy and birth. I REALLY want to do it, but it does sound scary.

Coming from a financially unsecure mum... new
      #194445 - 07/12/05 01:30 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Well I would be I guess if I didn't have 3 kids mouths to feed That being said we live week to week, never have money to spare for anything much at all (my indulgence is a $3 magazine once a week) however our kids never miss out. We'll go without things to insure they have anything they need and sometimes what they want and yes, grandparents are great for spoiling them. I think providing you don't have no where to live and aren't starving to death cause you can't afford food you kind of fit them into your budget (and yes, I wear 10 year old trackies round the house so mine can have brand new ones )

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22295

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review