All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
making babies
      #193976 - 07/11/05 12:01 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

ok, making babies....and possibly offensive question.....

does douching change the chances of sperms? i know it doesn't dilute the little guys, but can it wash them out? you know sometimes you feel the need to clean....but it's not out of hand.....but i'd like to kinda have an idea.......

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Not any sort of expert but.... new
      #193978 - 07/11/05 02:15 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I imagine you don't wanna be putting anything *up there* that could swoosh anything out if you are trying to get pregnant.
I have also read that douching at the best of times really isn't good for you, if you are using actual douches. With water and stuff, I don't think is bad but with the otc stuff.. I wouldn't be putting it up there, that's for darn sure!

If you are really wondering about it, I would just look around for info.. I'm sure on pregnancy tips there are things about what is and isn't safe to do.

Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Not any sort of expert but.... new
      #194002 - 07/11/05 05:59 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yeah, the vagina is a self cleaning organ, there's never any need to douche. If you're having problems with lots of discharge you should see your doctor, otherwise soap and water is fine. I can't imagine the chemicals in douche would be good for sperm either!

They are right! new
      #194011 - 07/11/05 06:37 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

There is NO need to douche. I can't see how it could be good for trying to get pregnant. I know that once you are pregnant you CANNOT douche. I just wouldn't do it altogether!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: making babies new
      #194042 - 07/11/05 07:10 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

If you want more information about that and other things you can try babycenter.com. They always have lots of helpful information. And if you are trying you can join one of the birth clubs. I was actully suprised to find birth clubs for months were people aren't even pregnant or trying but just planning. I'm sure they have birth clubs for May and June of next year up already.

Re: They are right! WAY TMI enclosed! new
      #194095 - 07/11/05 08:43 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, I agree, no duching, ever! In regards to trying to get pregnant, the douche will wash away your cervial mucus which is needed for the sperm to live in until they fertilize the egg and if you douche after sex, it can wash away the sperm. No douching, no harsh soaps, no lubricants (unless its Pre-seed, especially made for TTC.) I keep baby wipes in the bathroom and use them after going poo or if I feel "less than fresh" and need a quick clean, but only wipe on the "outside."

Your "discharge" will vary through out the month. Just after your period (aka AF) most women are pretty dry, than most women will notice an increase in dicharge, or cervical mucus (aka cm.) The CM tends to start out sticky and thick and as ovulation nears, the cm usually thins out and becaomes streatchy, this is compared to egg whites, often reffered to as ewcm! This is your most fertile time as the sperm can live the longest in this cm!

If you find yourself to be having issues with feeling "fresh" try wearing disposable panty liners, they are cheap enough to be changed often. If you have any offensive odor, it can be a sign of a bacterial infection and if you have lots of lumpy, whitesh discharge, you may have an yeast infection. Both of which can be treated easily enough. Otherwise, stop the douching! Trimming your hair down there with mens clippers can also help keep you feeling drier and more fresh!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I didn't think they made that stuff anymore!!! new
      #194237 - 07/11/05 12:44 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

But I guess they do...michele, I'm going to have to compile all your helpful emails for one day when I'm trying. I'm getting SO antsy about it...if my husband got like a 20% raise I'd say "Let's go for it!" but I'm still a bit concerned about money....but I doubt that will last too long...

--------------------

Ooh... we should start a club Ginger... new
      #194247 - 07/11/05 01:06 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

We'd love to have a baby too... unfortunately we can't until I'm through with course work. So we plan to start trying in January. I really wish I could be pregnant now... although with all the recent money disasters I guess it's a good thing. I will have to try and cultivate patience, that's all. It will do me good when I am a mom, right?

Can I join too? new
      #194250 - 07/11/05 01:12 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'd love to if we only had more money, but we're only just scraping by atm! I got REALLY broody a while back, but getting Archie helped some...he's def my baby atm!

All these pg photos are making me broody again tho...

Re: Can I join too? new
      #194254 - 07/11/05 01:22 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Can I just say that if you wait until you can afford kids, you'll most likely never have them!!! LOL!! Thats one of the reason Will and I waited also but we realized there was always going to be some sort of money issue With that being said, of course you need to be sure you will be able to provide whats needed for the child!

For those of you ladies planning on trying in the next 6-12 months, can I say its a good idea to start monitering your cycles NOW! If you are taking bcps, plan on stopping them a few months BEFORE you actually want to get pregnant and use condoms so your cycles have a chance to normailize! I was luckily in that aspect as I ovulated the first month and Af was right on time but thats not the norm!

Also remember, its best to start pre-natal vitamins BEFORE trying to get pregnant! Many insurance plans will pay for them with a prescription from the dr, if you have prescription coverage that is!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22022

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review