All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Future Finanically Secure Mommies new
      #194276 - 07/11/05 02:03 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Yeah, I want to start soon too!! And I'm jealous you get to start in January. chinagrl! I know what Michele says is totally true...waiting until you have "enough" money, is really a lost cause, cause I'm sure it never really feels like enough. Really--I just need to figure out the job/day care situation. I think I can do part time work here, like 2-3 days a week, so i just need to figure out day care the other days. My mom would so do it but she's still working. I'm getting a raise in Sept., with that, I can reduce my 401k contribution, reduce my hours, and end up taking home the same amt of money I am now. So that's not terrible.

Seriously, I think about it every day, and this board alone makes me crazy for wanting kids!

BTW michele--reading your above posts on cycles and mucus and all that. I'm glad I read that because I know the past 2 years or so I DEFINITELY am aware that at a certain time of the month there tends to be more...ah...ewcm! So I'm guessing this is my fertile period. It has been SO tempting to convince my husband we don't need our "supplies" that night!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Future Finanically Secure Mommies new
      #194279 - 07/11/05 02:20 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmmm...we're still at the stage of worrying about whether we can keep the house so kids would NOT be a good idea atm. Also, with me having Fibro, it's quite likely that I physically won't be able to work through much of pregnancy or having a little one, so we need to know we'll be okay with just Si's money. Total bore as I'm so ready to start a family right now. We're both so family orientated, having one of our own is going to be so cool!

My job at the moment is a real career-starter job so it would be great if I could be on the way to being a garden designer when we have a family as then I could do flexi-hours and some work from home.

So is anyone else a FSFM?

Edited by Linz (07/11/05 02:26 PM)

#194286 - 07/11/05 02:40 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yep, its funny, I never really paid attention to the changes in my body until I was already trying and there is so much your body tells you, if you just listen! Once you understand what happens each month, its much easier to pick up on the signs!

It certainly sounds like you have your fertile times pinpointed which is a major bonus when you are ready to try! I bet you will get pregnant in no time when the time is right!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#194289 - 07/11/05 02:55 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

The job/money thing is one of the things we're relatively blessed about. Eric makes a terrific salary, and I'll make an ok one. The big bonus is that in May I will be ABD, meaning I'll be expected to sit at home and work on my dissertation. Most people have to get jobs during this, but due to the husband, I won't. So I plan to use this time to have my baby and work on the dis when E. gets home (or when he telecommutes). In many ways we're really blessed- it's just this darn school!!! I'm so glad we have the great Michelle for advice!! We probably won't worry too much about pinpointing fertile times. We're pretty young and we'll just take it as it happens when it happens.

Hey Michelle... new
      #194294 - 07/11/05 03:14 PM
chinagrl

Do you know if prenatal vitamins are vegetarian? I have trouble finding vitamins that are...

Thanks for the advice! We had read that- I'm due for my yearly check up in September so I figure I'll talk to my doctor then about all the things to start doing and when. On that note, I'm glad you had such a great weekend and I really hope it works out for you the way you want, I know you'll be a great mom.

#194297 - 07/11/05 03:32 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Well, you are pretty lucky chinagrl....I think a lot couples worry a lot about money....sounds like you guys have a good plan, I hope it works!
we could probably live quite nicely on my husband's salary, but we are WAY to used to nice vacations and things like that. We're trying to make ourselves stick to a budget now, I DEFINITELY need to spend less money on clothes, shoes, etc., and then I think once we've done that we'll have a better idea. I really need to keep my job in some way though---it's a government job, completely stable, pays good, good benefits, and I could stay there until I retire if I want. It's exactly what I want to do so I need to work on keeping it, even if only part time.

In September, my friend who is my husband's cousin, one of my closest friends, is getting married at Yosemite, and my husband and I are visiting San Francisco first, going to the wedding, staying in a cabin with 15 other friends for 4 days, then going down to Cabo San Lucas for beach time and scuba diving--we're both certified. I'm looking at that as kind of the "last hurrah" in terms of partying and scuba diving. After that, I'll feel like I've gotten a lot of my youth that a lot of people don't get and I know I won't be missing anything when we have kids.
Linz..my husband and I are family oriented too...I know both our families would love it. We are close with our families, and they are close with each other so it's a great mix, and there haven't been any babies in a long time. We need new blood! ha ha...

Man..I'm so impatient that even our new club has inspired me to talk to my husband tonight about it!!

--------------------

#194300 - 07/11/05 03:59 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Having the 'talk' with hubby about starting a family - I LOVED that part - it's so exciting and emotional - just makes me SO happy!

And everyone's right - you will never have enough money, don't wait for that...babies aren't that expensive, but as they get older of course they get more expensive...

You just will learn how to live so that you have what you NEED. Somehow it always works out. My BIL and SIL have 2 kids and one on the way - and make VERY little. We're talking under 20K together. THey are the happiest little family I have ever been around, so full of love. It's almost like being that poor makes them so much closer, and makes them realize what's really important. I always think of them when I want new clothes or anything!

My hubby grew up very poor - his dad is a preacher and his mom was a SATM. I don't know if you know about the salary of preachers or not - but let's just say it barely exists. HIs family is the most down-to-earth, street smart family I have ever known, and they are SO close! I love it. God will provide - and He has always helped them through hard times. I wish I was a little more like them, and I try to be!

On a side note - I have my sonogram this Wednesday to confirm boy/girl! I don't think I'll sleep until then, I'm going crazy to see my baby again

--------------------
~Cara~

#194301 - 07/11/05 04:00 PM
chinagrl

Oh, I totally understand. We are really used to buying what we want as well. We've been on a budget for a couple of months and it's hard!! We're both the oldest children, and there aren't any babies in either of our families yet- so it would be a big deal too!

I think a last harrah sounds great. We have a cruise scheduled around my birthday (in January) that will kick off the last harrah/baby making beginning for us.

prenatal recomendations new
      #194303 - 07/11/05 04:13 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

what kind of prenatals do you guys suggest taking, the one i had had iron in it.....and messed my tummy up pretty bad i think.....any special brands or anything that is recomended over others??

Re: Future Finanically Secure Mommies...what??? new
      #194304 - 07/11/05 04:16 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

how am i missing what the heck FFSM means?????? i'm confused! i probably read it, but failed to keep the information in my brain....HELP ME

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2460 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22278

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review