All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: I ran out of meds new
      #196692 - 07/18/05 07:38 AM
jonesgirl

Reged: 10/03/04
Loc: Ohio

Seems that generally if a script is written for a certain number of pills per day, even AS NEEDED, if you go over that amount, they won't refill more than a couple of days early. Some meds just say "every 4 hrs as needed" or something like that as opposed to "4 times/day"... the difference being that 4 times/day would allow for only 120 pills in a month, every 4 hrs as needed could go much higher. Insurance is a big part of the limits... they won't pay for more than a month's prescription at a time. Also, though, as I found out when I went thru a recent difficult time and took too many xanax's and ran out, I have never had ANY sort of withdrawal until then. My doctor was soooo understanding, and safely prescribed me a way to handle it. I have to watch myself, I tend to want to take too much.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shelby... about Tommy new
      #196693 - 07/18/05 07:46 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

It's true. You've very attentive!

So glad.... new
      #196738 - 07/18/05 09:33 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Id been worried about you nelly....was just thinking about the dublin trip earlier today and thought I must go online and check up on you what a nice doctor thats great you've sorted it all out....Ive been away for a few days in leeds sorting out stuff....its really scary actually cos the suicide bombers that did the london attack were all from leeds...and one actually lived 5 mins from where I live at uni....people were evacuated from their houses while they carried out a controlled bombing and checked for explosives....there were armed police everywhere...luckily where I live we didnt have to move or anything, but it all just seemed so real being part of it instead of just watching the news. Anyways....my tummy has been VERY bad these last few days, but Ive kind of been altering my diet so I know why....will let you know how I get on with the codeine...do they make you drowsy??

--------------------
Natalie

Re: So glad.... new
      #196847 - 07/18/05 01:14 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yeah, Leeds is a hotbed now! So sorry to hear about the tummy-- maybe some nice Luna bars will sort you out?

I don't get drowsey from the codiene. Too many will make my head spin a bit, especially if I'm active, tho. But I have to take a lot before that'll happen!

~nelly~

I KNOW!! new
      #196849 - 07/18/05 01:16 PM
Nelly

I showed my friend who also takes vics for chronic pain the medicine bottle. He couldn't believe it... THREE. Oh boy, can't wait to refill. Guess if I nibble an end of one at a time they'll stretch out for a month.?!

~nelly~

Re: I am really freaking out (12:24 am, arg!) new
      #196850 - 07/18/05 01:18 PM
Nelly

I just got a hyoscyamine spray that's AWESOME. Two sprays on my tongue and a bitter swallow later, my stomach's back on track. Unbeliveably great.

~nelly~

Re: I ran out of meds new
      #196852 - 07/18/05 01:20 PM
Nelly

I tend to take what I've got and don't budget properly, so at the end of the month I'm always blindsided by a lack of meds.

I pay out of pocket now, so they're a little more lenient with me at the pharmacy now that they don't have to deal with insurance.

~nelly~

Re: UPDATE: Doc appt today new
      #196853 - 07/18/05 01:21 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Good to hear you're feeling better!!

Re: I KNOW!! new
      #196886 - 07/18/05 02:15 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I've had to take more than three a DAY before, good luck making it last a whole month! It just doesn't make sense, the dr was so liberal with your other medications. I know Vicodin is addictive, but come on!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Shelby... about Tommy *DELETED* new
      #196932 - 07/18/05 04:20 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 538 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review