All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Suggestions for Nelly... new
      #194439 - 07/12/05 12:23 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Okay, bear with me, being in Australia things work a little differently over here sometimes.
Call your GP asap in the morning and tell them you are falling apart and it's very important you have an appointment. Tell them you want to go on the cancellation list (or alternatively over here if you ring at 8:30am you can usually nab someone's spot who has just cancelled even though the surgery is technically not open yet). If that doesn't work could you maybe take your prescription to another chemist and if they say anything tell them you are waiting for an appointment on Friday (they can check with your Dr if they want to) but in the meantime you are physically falling apart and that your symptoms make life impossible to live normally and that you have a LOT of stuff you have to do before Friday (sometimes sob stories work with a sympathetic chemist ) Ummm be careful with Benadryl. I was taking it last week for a cold and it gave me major D attacks not to mention the pain. I find lying in bed with a heat pack on a sore tum and repeating for about 5 minutes "relax and let go" helps to get me relaxed. Then concentrate on every muscle in your body for a few minutes each and relax them. As you do it say in your head "feel the muscles in your forehead relax. Make them smooth and let the tension go" do this for all the muscles right down to your toes (including belly and bum muscles he he). In between keep telling yourself to relax and let go. When you have relaxed all your muscles picture yourself on a cloud and let it take you to a peaceful place and just stay in your peaceful place and hopefully soon after you will start to drift away Ummm that's about all I can think of for now. I hope at least something out of this helps. Good luck and keep us updated

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh no..... new
      #194449 - 07/12/05 03:51 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Nelly I know exactly how you feel....I take exactly the same as you and I always panic when my pills are running low...I hope you're feeling a bit better today only just seen this post and Im about to go into liverpool city centre and get the train back to leeds...I was naughty lastnight and had a LOT of dairy and tummy is really hurting, Im gona have to go pop a few imodium before I leave, tummy is turning as I speak! Ive just been put on codeine too....I wish I could send you some through the computer I really do! Stay calm and I hope you get some soon!!

Sending LOTS of HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Now 1:42 am................................ new
      #194478 - 07/12/05 06:58 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Quote:

bunch of Imodium and have been chugging out of the bottle

I have learnt from experience that Immodium does stop working if you use it too frequently - Immodium is merely for emergencies for me.

I would try breaking the cycle again and start over with the diet - I know it's depressing to do so, but it really does work and then you can get rid of the Immodium only because, like I said, it does stop working if it's taken too often.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Oh boy new
      #194483 - 07/12/05 07:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, its morning now, did you get any sleep?? I can't believe they are giving you such a hard time about some of these pills, grrr . I wish I had something cute and witty to say but I don't, sorry. Hope you feel better and get your drugs soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: UPDATE: 11am new
      #194507 - 07/12/05 08:11 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ok... I'm having a "pregnant" day again today, so please bare with me on this...

THIS REALLY IRRITATES ME!!!!!! I can totally see the pharmacists point of view... but what the heck is up with you having to get in for an appt.!!?? Number one... you're freaking out and they need to get their heads out of thier *sses and help you!! Number 2... the nurse that works with your doctor is the one who more than likely writes the d*mn prescriptions... all she would need to do is get permission from the doctor! Jeepers creepers!!!!!!

Ok... sorry about the rant. I hope you made it ok through the night and you're doing better today Nelly! Hugs!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Edited by RachelT (07/12/05 09:43 AM)

Re: Now 1:42 am................................ new
      #194515 - 07/12/05 08:34 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I don't know about the others, but codiene is a restricted drug I think, and the gov't. has very tight controls on those. I think you have to have the actual paper prescription to take to the pharmacist.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

I knew you'd understand, Nat!!!!! new
      #195765 - 07/14/05 04:18 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm so glad you're on codiene now! I know it'll help!! Be careful with drinking alcohol on it cos it'll make you vomit if you take them together. Wait 4 hours after your last pill or last drink before mixing!

I have a doctor appt tomorrow morning to plead my case... STRESS! It also means I must get up at the crack of dawn to get over my initial morning attacks... blah!

So the update is that I ended up pulling an all nighter Monday, going to sleep at 8am Tuesday morning, and sleeping clear through Tuesday and Wednesday. I've been up all day today (Thursday) and I'm way dehydrated for not eating. My veins are like nothing, so I know I'm dehydrated. I've comissioned my mom to drive me tomorrow. I'll post back to see how that goes.

Love you guys!! Don't know what I'd do without you!!!!!!!

~nelly~

Re: Oh boy new
      #195766 - 07/14/05 04:19 PM
Nelly

Thanks, M. I appreciate the comfort!!!!!!!!!!!

~nelly~

Re: Suggestions for Nelly... new
      #195768 - 07/14/05 04:22 PM
Nelly

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments and helpful insight. It's clear you have been where I am before.

This will make you tear your hair out: In Australia, my meds are available without a prescription.

Yep, the same stuff they're denying me a refill on (with a prescription which clearly has refills remaining) is sold over the counter in many countries, including the UK and Australia and the British Virgin Islands (I know, because I've bought it there too).

~nelly~

Re: UPDATE: 11am new
      #195771 - 07/14/05 04:27 PM
Nelly

I know. I KNOW!!! Thanks. Pharmacists are not my friends, especially when they decide if I go sick or not.

Yeah, another doctor appointment being paid out of my pocket. I'm going to prob forgo paying the elec bill this month to hand over $80 to the doctor tomorrow for my visit. Booooo! Hopefully he'll understand my predicament and "get it" that I really need the extra meds. It's the 2nd time in five weeks I've been to see him over my meds.

I've signed up for disability insurance and medicaid, so we'll see what becomes of that.

Of course I wouldn't be disabled if I had my *^#%*& meds. It's a catch-22, ya know? So I probably won't qualify for disability. But any health coverage at this point would be great! I'll find out in a few weeks if they'll give it to me.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 587 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21139

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review