All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Today is HAIR day...what to do, what to do?
      #193223 - 07/08/05 09:48 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I want my hair to look good for Shane's 20th class reunion next weekend...and my roots are just nasty!! LOL

My normal girl is BOOKED for like 6 weeks!! I called that salon two times now to see if someone else can do mine just this once, but no response

So, then I tried to get in to see a guy that one of the girls at the gym uses...I LOVE her hair!! Anyway, he is on vacation until the end of July and then is booked until after Aug 15th!

So, THEN I called www.genejuarez.com and made an appointment for 5:45pm tonight (the only opening they had left the WHOLE weekend, except for 9am Sat, but I could not do that cuz my session with my personal trainer) I usually pay with tip about $130.00 for cut & partial foil (*note: I only do this one every 5-6 months) but this place is gonna run closer to $200.00 including a tip. I told them I only wanted someone who "really knows" foils....so I might be paying a little more to have the more experienced person which is fine.....

But now my next question is....... do I leave it totally straight like it has been for almost 3 years, or do I go for just a little bangs (but long enough I can still put MOST of it back in to a pony for the gym and the convertible rides?) LOL

What do you guys think?

Shane say's do whatever I want.... just don't cut too much of the length...(which I have NO plans to do).

I will try to find some pictures of what I'm thinking of and post them soon.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ok... new
      #193232 - 07/08/05 10:05 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I recently got some "side bangs" cut into my hair, and I LOVE them. I like the extra kick they give to the front of my hair. My hair isn't long (I'm trying to grow it out) but I essentially want the same thing....my side bangs with a ponytail. My hair dresser taught me how to comb them so I get that nice sweeped to the side look. I say go for it!!!

P.S. I think I must be the only girl on earth's who guy doesn't give a rat's a** what I do with my hair. I've had every length, style and color and maybe he's just used it it. I've had long...VERY short...in between...dark brown...light brown....what can I say. I get bored easily!!

Anyway, be sure to post pics you like before you go, AND some after pics!!

--------------------

Well, funny you should bring this up new
      #193234 - 07/08/05 10:18 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I'm happier with my hair right now than I've been in a LONG time. I've let it grow out for 3 years (since it was way short when I was pregnant with Sarah, which I liked that too, but hated the in between phase). So it was getting so long that it was looking flat. I got long layers cut it in and fresh highlights. I loved it so much I had dh take a picture from the back - here it is - and all I do is blow dry it with one of those round brush air dryer things (one handed, I cant' do the 2 handed thing)

Do whatever you want but I'd say layers that are LONG and no t too close together would look great in your hair. And I keep the front layers long enough to still go up in a ponytail (my daily style, that or a hat!!)

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Sending you an email about this! -nt- new
      #193238 - 07/08/05 10:29 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Today is HAIR day...what to do, what to do? new
      #193242 - 07/08/05 10:55 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK, MAYBE something combined like these?? Currently my hair goes down to the middle of my breast, but I'm sure about an inch or two will be cut off today.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I love this hair style! new
      #193244 - 07/08/05 11:00 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Michelle your hair is beautiful!! I have a similar cut to yours but I can't seem to get it to style like that. I use a curling iron and it takes forever. What is the thing called you use to style your hair?

Shell I think you would look good with a similiar hairstyle as well. I have really thin hair and this cut helped to make it look fuller in the back. I don't know what the effect would be if you have thick hair but it would probably look just as good if not better.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Here's a link to my magic wand.... new
      #193248 - 07/08/05 11:08 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I could not style my hair without this (or something similar), use the bigger brush size:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_3/601-9610301-9460157?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002U46QW

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Ok... new
      #193249 - 07/08/05 11:09 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

I recently got some "side bangs" cut into my hair, and I LOVE them. I like the extra kick they give to the front of my hair. My hair isn't long (I'm trying to grow it out) but I essentially want the same thing....my side bangs with a ponytail. My hair dresser taught me how to comb them so I get that nice sweeped to the side look. I say go for it!!!

P.S. I think I must be the only girl on earth's who guy doesn't give a rat's a** what I do with my hair. I've had every length, style and color and maybe he's just used it it. I've had long...VERY short...in between...dark brown...light brown....what can I say. I get bored easily!!

Anyway, be sure to post pics you like before you go, AND some after pics!!

Ooh it sounds like I got the same bangs you did! And while my BF doesn't care what I do with my hair, I won't repeat who he told me I looked like when we were arguing over directions in Seattle. LOL

I've still got mixed feelings on them. They're a pain in the butt when it's windy outside and don't look as nice at the end of the day. Might go back to my other normal style, but still deciding.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Here's a link to my magic wand.... new
      #193250 - 07/08/05 11:10 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

I could not style my hair without this (or something similar), use the bigger brush size:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_3/601-9610301-9460157?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002U46QW

Ooh what a great idea! I've never seen that before. Does it dry as fast as a regular hair dryer?

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Today is HAIR day...what to do, what to do? new
      #193251 - 07/08/05 11:10 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Shell I do have some bangs cut into mine but they are nice because if I want them in the style then I blow dry it that way but if I want it to blend in with my hair they will do that too. It looks cute with a ponytail to have a few wispy bangs that fall forward. I say go for it! I would have them add long layers to your hair if you don't already have them. I have my hair long and I have to have layers or it is too flat!

Michelle your hair is gorgeous!!! It looks like one of those shampoo commercials!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 506 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28201

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review