All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: Today is HAIR day...what to do, what to do? new
      #193299 - 07/08/05 12:40 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

The guy that cuts my hair gave me longer bangs two times ago and I cried when I left. I hate having hair in my face, it gives me a headache. I just grew them out and he did that. I didn't have the heart to say "why did you do that?". I stopped at the store on the way home and bought hair clips and I wear them everyday.

My hair is thick and wavy. I hate it. I never do my hair. I just wash, brush and pull the sides back in clips. I just don't have the time or desire to do it. It ends up so frizzy on the side. I suppose I should get my hair straightener out. Anyways, I've just about given up on it period. Trust me I'm not good advertising for the salon even though he is awesome.

Good luck today and share a picture so we can see how it looks. What color highlights do you get? I've only had it done twice but he did redish highlights for me. I think I will get it done when the Maddie and Meike go back to school.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok... new
      #193304 - 07/08/05 12:50 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I recently got some "side bangs" cut into my hair, and I LOVE them. I like the extra kick they give to the front of my hair. My hair isn't long (I'm trying to grow it out) but I essentially want the same thing....my side bangs with a ponytail. My hair dresser taught me how to comb them so I get that nice sweeped to the side look. I say go for it!!! that sounds great!!

P.S. I think I must be the only girl on earth's who guy doesn't give a rat's a** what I do with my hair. I've had every length, style and color and maybe he's just used it it. I've had long...VERY short...in between...dark brown...light brown....what can I say. I get bored easily!! lol

Anyway, be sure to post pics you like before you go, AND some after pics!! did, and will do!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Well, funny you should bring this up new
      #193305 - 07/08/05 12:52 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm happier with my hair right now than I've been in a LONG time. I've let it grow out for 3 years (since it was way short when I was pregnant with Sarah, which I liked that too, but hated the in between phase). So it was getting so long that it was looking flat. I got long layers cut it in and fresh highlights. I loved it so much I had dh take a picture from the back - here it is - and all I do is blow dry it with one of those round brush air dryer things (one handed, I cant' do the 2 handed thing)

I LOVE IT... but too much work for ME...hehehe I'm a wash, part dry, & go kinda girl...

Do whatever you want but I'd say layers that are LONG and no t too close together would look great in your hair. And I keep the front layers long enough to still go up in a ponytail (my daily style, that or a hat!!) Yes, I'm liking the long layer idea and longers side bangs.... not sure about the front YET! lol

--------------------

Re: Sending you an email about this! THANKS JEN GOT IT -nt- new
      #193306 - 07/08/05 12:53 PM
Shell Marr

--------------------

Re: I love this hair style! new
      #193309 - 07/08/05 12:55 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Michelle your hair is beautiful!! I have a similar cut to yours but I can't seem to get it to style like that. I use a curling iron and it takes forever. What is the thing called you use to style your hair?

Shell I think you would look good with a similiar hairstyle as well. I have really thin hair and this cut helped to make it look fuller in the back. I don't know what the effect would be if you have thick hair but it would probably look just as good if not better. I have a strange combo I THINK.... I have long, fine hair and a lot of it!

Christie

--------------------

Re: Ok... new
      #193311 - 07/08/05 12:56 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

I recently got some "side bangs" cut into my hair, and I LOVE them. I like the extra kick they give to the front of my hair. My hair isn't long (I'm trying to grow it out) but I essentially want the same thing....my side bangs with a ponytail. My hair dresser taught me how to comb them so I get that nice sweeped to the side look. I say go for it!!!

P.S. I think I must be the only girl on earth's who guy doesn't give a rat's a** what I do with my hair. I've had every length, style and color and maybe he's just used it it. I've had long...VERY short...in between...dark brown...light brown....what can I say. I get bored easily!!

Anyway, be sure to post pics you like before you go, AND some after pics!!

Ooh it sounds like I got the same bangs you did! And while my BF doesn't care what I do with my hair, I won't repeat who he told me I looked like when we were arguing over directions in Seattle. LOL I still owe him a kick in the butt for that one!! Maybe I'll have to slip some blue cheese in his food {{giggle giggle}}

I've still got mixed feelings on them. They're a pain in the butt when it's windy outside and don't look as nice at the end of the day. Might go back to my other normal style, but still deciding.

--------------------

#193314 - 07/08/05 01:01 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell I do have some bangs cut into mine but they are nice because if I want them in the style then I blow dry it that way but if I want it to blend in with my hair they will do that too. It looks cute with a ponytail to have a few wispy bangs that fall forward. I say go for it! I would have them add long layers to your hair if you don't already have them. I have my hair long and I have to have layers or it is too flat! Yes, yes, yes.... I think you just sold me on it!! I think I will ask for them to go down to my jaw line, be able to go hehind my ear, and also back in a pony!! and long layers...

Michelle your hair is gorgeous!!! It looks like one of those shampoo commercials! totally!

--------------------

#193315 - 07/08/05 01:04 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey Shell,

I think you'd look good with some bangs. Not so sure about the layers though. If you have very straight hair (you said you did, right?) the layers might look funny. I don't know if I'd have a new person do ANYTHING too dramatic with your hair though, that's always a recipe for disaster. I usually get long layers, but it has been 5-6 months since I've had a cut, so you can't tell. I will not go TOO dramatic....this salon is very reputable and I told them I wanted some experience doing mine.

--------------------

#193317 - 07/08/05 01:06 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

me and my mom have stick straight fine hair and we both use that brush/curling iron thingy too and it makes our hair full of oomph!

As for the bangs.. I've noticed that the straighter the hair, the less likely you're gonna look good with side bangs. they'll just hang, unless you really work with them everyday.

I say that if you want low maintenance and you have straight (not too thick) hair to skip them. I have long, fine hair....but A LOT of it...it "looks" thick.... (do you agree Jen, Kandee, Melissa, Steph?)

--------------------

#193319 - 07/08/05 01:08 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Mine is cut just like the second picture here you posted!! I cut mine short about 1.5 years ago and have been growing it since. It was pretty much all one leagnth and just hung there, no style at all. About a month ago, I had it layer around the face, with side bangs and I few more layers in the back and it really looks and FEELS much better! I say Go For It!! It's only hair, it'll grow back! LOL!! I know I freak though too every time I want to change it!! Yeppers.... I think I'm gonna GO FOR IT!!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2979 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28300

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review