All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Does anyone else's pet do querky stuff?
      #193207 - 07/08/05 08:47 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Or is it just mine? I swear, my dog (Piper) cracks me up. I was just sitting here and she just walked up to me and smacked me with her butt! LOL She does this all the time and I have no idea where the heck she got it from. Sometimes if you're sitting on the couch or something, she'll just come up and start doing it, sometimes even 2-3 times in a row. She also does it to the door when she wants in. It reminds me of that old dance, I think it was called The Bump, where you stand next to someone and bump hips.

Well, just wondering if I was the only one with a goofy pet!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyone else's pet do querky stuff? new
      #193212 - 07/08/05 09:12 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

My dog used to do that when she had an itch and wanted us to scratch her.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#193214 - 07/08/05 09:18 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Growing up, we had a dog that would lie down on the carpet floor, stretch her body as long as she possibly could and pull herself along. It was really cute, but very odd! Of course, she also thought it was pretty funny to pass gas (really smelly gas) in front of my male friends! D'oh!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#193215 - 07/08/05 09:20 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

My cat, Gracie, sleeps on her back! She's the only cat I've ever had (or Mac's ever had) that does that. She start off asleep like a normal cat, and while she's asleep she'll roll onto her back, with her paws in the air, and stay that way, even after she wakes up sometimes.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#193216 - 07/08/05 09:26 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

I have 3 cats who are full of personality- I have a cat, Ernie, who actually begs for attention- He hits me with his paw and meows until he gets rubbed or a back scratch!! I have another, Oscar, who loves to drag blankets when we are not home. Every day when I come home from work my daughter knows it is her chore to clean up the blankets and clothes that he drags all over the house!! Don't know what I woud do without them!!

#193218 - 07/08/05 09:30 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

My animals do all sorts of strange things. My dog Cara does headstands, she bulldozes into you and then inverts herself so she's standing on her head. I could not tell you why!!

#193228 - 07/08/05 09:57 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

I have a cat that talks to our house plants. She's 1/4 siamese and they tend to be talkers - she defenetly has that gene! She'll literally sit down in front of either the fig tree or the ammorillus and start all sorts of meoows and squeeks and clicks and carry on for about ten minutes or so, pausing every so often like she's waiting for the plant to respond! Hubby and I get a kick out of it! She also carries her toys around in her mouth like a dog and hides them in corners of the house to retrieve them later. Her sister is much more normal - but like someone else mentioned, begs for attention. She'll also reach up and pat you on the leg if you don't pet her when she's sitting at your feet!
Both so cute and loveable!!

#193233 - 07/08/05 10:11 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

I love it- talking to plants- you should send that to a funniest video show!!

#193246 - 07/08/05 11:05 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I have a lap dog and an 85 lb dog. We had the little dog first so the big dog thinks it's a lap dog too. So if anyone sits on the floor the big dog will walk up and turn around and back her butt up and sit in the person's lap. First time visitors are usually taken by surprise. It is hysterical!!

However, in the mornings she tries to sit on my head while I am sleeping. This is not so funny! (At least not to me, my DH and daughters get a kick out of it! )

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#193254 - 07/08/05 11:15 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Lacey has a couple funny querks. Her biggest one is that she will sometimes throw all her body weight into me when she lays down next to me - like she's trying to snuggle as close as possible. It's pretty cute.

Oh, and another crazy thing she does when she's winding down after playing is that she'll run fast, like something's trying to get her, and jump up on the washing machine with a loud thud. She'll then peer around the wall into my room from the washing machine to see if the toy is still after her.

Other quirks include running into the kitchen when she hears a can opener (which is funny because I've never fed her tuna.. must have been previous owners) and following me around the apartment, talking the whole time.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 670 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4450

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review