All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Does anyone else's pet do querky stuff? new
      #193517 - 07/08/05 10:04 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

One of our cats plays fetch, just like a dog! She prefers a ball of rolled-up wrappers (like Hershey's Kisses), but will also play fetch with the jingley cat balls.

The other cat has this strange nervous tic where every time she scratches herself, her tongue darts out in time with the scratching. It is hysterical and mildly disturbing to watch.

Both cats also like to sneak up to the head of the bed and sleep on my head, which I HATE. If they can't get away with that, they'll try to curl up under my armpit. One of the cats always wants to sleep half on something, no matter how uncomfortable -- i.e. if there is a book on the sofa, she'll go curl up so that half of her upper body is resting on the book. We are still mystified by that one!

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#193533 - 07/09/05 02:16 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

My yellow lab has to grab her ball or bone everytime we come home. She has to greet us at the door with something in her mouth. She also loves empty toilet paper rolls. She will sneak into the bathroom and snatch the empty roll out of the trash can. She is so funny and I often wonder how she knows it is there. It isn't like we wouldn't give it to her to play with but I guess part of the fun is to sneak it out of the trash. If we stay up later than normal she will sit on the landing of the stairs going up to our room and sigh until we go to bed.

I have two cats, the older one Miss Kitty love sweets and whenever I am eating cookies or sweet bread she will jump in my lap and be very pushy until I give her a bite.

My other kitty Gypsy, is so funny when she lays down she will jump up next to me and just flop down instead of laying gracefully like most cats do. She also has to have a little spell of playing with our feet right before we go to bed. If she is at the top of the bed she will leap in the air to get to our feet. Very funny!

--------------------
Janey

Bananas? LOL new
      #193550 - 07/09/05 05:21 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

My cats are terrified of bananas - literally! If you peel one and hold it out to them, they look startled and run from the room!

Oh, that one literally had me LOL! That is too funny! It must not be easy for them living in an IBS household with all those bananas around all the time!

If you can stand another one... new
      #193572 - 07/09/05 08:05 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

A cat I had, several years ago, was labled "the barbie thief". She would constantly steal my daughters' barbie shoes and accessories and hide them under the stove. I finally saw her do it one time and went to retrieve the shoe and was amazed at what I found under the stove, and not just barbie stuff! There were so many things under there, she must have been "thieving" a while. My poor girls had been blaming each other for some of the missing stuff. Silly cat! Never could break her of that. We just knew to check the stove if we were missing anything.:)

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

always.. lets see... new
      #193610 - 07/09/05 10:46 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Bill's ex roomates bred borzois and their dogs all thought they were lapdogs...

my sisters cat and my old cat both walked on leashes...

and my one cat would get behind someone on the couch and clean their hair he also had to be near you when you were sick looking at your face... ( I think to know if you were still breathing).

And of course now we have sugar gliders.. who like to groom in their tunnel... and are just sweet as can be.. but very intelligent and climb all over everything and have already decided my bra is a good spot to go to sleep...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

My mom has one that licks hair... new
      #193614 - 07/09/05 10:56 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

My mom's cat has always liked my hair for some reason. Now that it is long and mostly one length, it's more difficult for him. Now, keep in mind, I've been going through this with him for a long time...he's 16! I remember the first time I took my husband over, Roscoe initiated him right away. My DH had never been much of a cat person, at least not until he joined my family(doesn't have much of a choice), the look of shock on his face was priceless! I think he was a little afraid of losing even more hair. He's used to it now, and it's actually quite adorable. Not only does he get his hair restyled when we visit my mom, Roscoe litterally rubs his entire body all over his head, leaning in and giving DH huge hugs and love! Gotta love cats! They are the best...:)

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

#193652 - 07/09/05 01:21 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

This is a fun thread to read.

Our Parakeet likes to play on top of her cage. I bought a jungle gym for her and fits on top of the cage. She does summersaults, hangs upside on the bar, but the funniest thing is she pushes toys off her cage and watches it fall to the floor. She likes to play this game for 10-15 miunutes.

Oh Yeah.... new
      #193653 - 07/09/05 01:24 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

we had a parakeet when I was younger. My parents taught him to talk and he talked quite well. One of her favorite phases was, Watch Jasper (our cat), he is up to no good".

Our pastor and his wife came over for lunch one day and God was mentioned at the table. Out of the blue our bird said, "Watch God, he is up to no good". Needless to say my parents were quite embrassed, but everyone had a good laugh.

All the more opportunity to terrorize them! -nt- new
      #193696 - 07/09/05 05:42 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Re: Oh Yeah.... new
      #193700 - 07/09/05 06:21 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Parakeets are great~ we had one when I was young, and the first thing it learned was "Dam*it, Boopers! Don't bite!" because my mom would hold him up to her mouth to teach him and he would bite her lips! Very hard! So he would shout that as loud as he could, all the time!

They always pick up on the strangest things! My birds now don't talk at all, but they make a clucking sound like a chicken ... LoL

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 321 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4528

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review