All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
giant lap dogs... new
      #193259 - 07/08/05 11:27 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I'm not sure that it's because you had the little dog first... my dogs think they're lap dogs and they both weigh 60 pounds. They've never been around smaller dogs, they just think that being in our laps is a very good idea.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I have an entire houseful of neurotic pets new
      #193267 - 07/08/05 11:53 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Phoebe (big cat) insists on sleeping under the comforter - but on top of the sheets/other blankets - all day, even in the middle of summer with the sun beating down on her. She also likes to stick her nose in people's mouths - preferably if you have the stinkiest breath possible - and breathe deeply. LOL!

Phaedra (little cat), instead of running up stairs like most cats will, actually takes each step the way a human would (except on all fours, of course!). She also likes to hook her nails into things above her - like the next step up, or the next shelf on the cat-tree - and pull herself up by her front legs.

They also have bizarre dietary habits. Phoebe loves her starches - bread, Honeycomb cereal, pasta. Phaedra prefers Twizzlers, salsa, peas, and refried beans.

The rats always flip their house upside down, and if they're eating, they have to be as far away from each other as possible - and they make a huge production out of it, scuffling around and throwing shavings as they go.

Even the fish is nutty. He likes to lay down at the bottom of the tank, perfectly still, like he's dead, and stare at me. I haven't had a lot of fish, but the few I've had have never done anything like that.

Adam says I have a knack for picking out the weird ones, haha.

Cats and food new
      #193271 - 07/08/05 11:59 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

One of my parents cats used to eat cantelope (and pretty much anything else if you left it on the kitchen table unattended)

Gracie likes coconut milk, bananas, peach ice tea, and tuna, of course. She likes to sit on my roommate's desk and put her paw in whatever my roomie's drinking and then like it off her paw.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Boy do I have a story!! new
      #193341 - 07/08/05 01:41 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I was an hour late to work last week b/c of one of my crazy pets. I live in the country but right along a major highway. We currently have 5 cats and 2 kittens that live outside. I got in my car to go to work one day last week and was about 1/4 mile down the road when I happened to look in the rearview mirror and saw Puma, the kitten, fall out of my car (he was in the engine, a normal thing for outside cats to do unfortunately) onto the highway. The jeep behind me just barely missed hitting him but Puma managed to run to the side of the road. The guy in the jeep and I both stopped and spent 10 minutes chasing Puma around the ditch trying to catch him. He was so scared that he kept running from us. We finally caught him and I put him in my car and was going to take him home. When I got home I could hear him crying but couldn't find him anywhere. I finally came to the conclusion that he had crawled into the console of my car and I couldn't get to him. I didn't want to drive my car to work and have Puma stuck in there all day b/c it's so stinkin' hot here (90 + humidity). To make a long story short, I ended up calling my fiance who was already at work so that I could get his truck to go to work so that I could leave my car at home in the driveway with the doors wide open in the hopes that Puma would jump out once he realized that things had calmed down. To make the story even funnier, Tim, my fiance stopped at home at lunch time to see if Puma had left the car and to close my doors if he had. Puma and Red (the other kitten) were sleeping in the backseat! How cute, huh?! When Tim tried to shooh them out, Red jumped out but Puma went back into the console. So, my car sat with all the doors wide open for the entire day but in the end Puma came out, only had a skinned up nose from the whole thing, and now we have a funny story to tell.

Can anyone top that story?!!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: Does anyone else's pet do querky stuff? new
      #193344 - 07/08/05 01:49 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Our 1 1/2 year old Calico (who btw weighs 14 lbs) has what we call the "9:30 power hour" every night. She knows that it's close to the time where we all go to bed and so she figures she may as well get all of her pent up energy out all at once. She runs around the apartment like a freak and tries to play with everything she can possibly get her little paws onto... paper, the other cat, junk out of the garbage in the bathroom, her toys, jewelry, etc.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Boy do I have a story!! new
      #193346 - 07/08/05 01:52 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

That's a cute story!! Not sure if I have anything to top it!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Haha! new
      #193375 - 07/08/05 03:37 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

My cats are terrified of bananas - literally! If you peel one and hold it out to them, they look startled and run from the room!

A friend of mine claims that all cats like melon. I'm not a melon-eater, so I haven't tested this theory out. Nice to know mine aren't the only weirdos, though!

Cats and melon... new
      #193406 - 07/08/05 04:08 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

My cat has never been interested in any melons... my guinea pig LOVES melon though. He adores cantelope and watermelon. It's funny when he eats watermelon though, he's white and black, and the juice runs down the white fur by his mouth so he looks like a vampire guinea pig!!!

Re: Boy do I have a story!! new
      #193439 - 07/08/05 04:55 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Me neither. Tho I went to a pet store where they advertised electric collars for "hard to train" pets. And on the cover was a husky!! LOL!

I just taught him hand commands, which always wow our guests. Tee heee.

~nelly~

My son told me this one this week... new
      #193469 - 07/08/05 07:08 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

Last Friday he went to spend 6 days on an island in the middle of the Columbia River(a place they always camp and can only get to by boat)with his dad and several of his dad's friends. Everyone with boats got their Friday. On Sunday one of the friends went to pick up one of his friends and bring him over to the island. On the way to the island the friend he picked up asked him why he had a cat on his boat. It was his own cat! Apparently the cat had been sleeping somewhere in the boat when he pulled the boat out of the garage and left on Friday. Two days it had stayed in the boat with no one seeing it while they waterskiied and played....that poor cat.... they always do tons of fireworks every night they are out there. Poor, poor kitty...

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 578 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4528

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review