All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Here!!
      #19286 - 09/01/03 01:18 PM
Patersonclan

Reged: 09/01/03

I just wanted to say that I am so excited to have found this site! I was just recently diagnosed with IBS though I have long suspected that I have it.

Everytime we move (which is every three years!) I get a terrible episode that can last for months. I am hoping that this once will start to fade after my anxiety lowers a bit.

Anyway, we just moved from Hawaii to Pennsylvania and I am starting to find my way around and trying to get involved with the community and out of the house!

I am so glad to have found a site where others understand what I am going through.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Here!! new
      #19349 - 09/02/03 11:18 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hello and welcome to the boards....I am sure you will become very comfortable here. Everyone is so wonderful and helpful.

Moving so frequently has to be difficult. I am sure that is a trigger for the beginning in itself....But it's good that you are able to make efforts to be involved in community activities, that must ease the trouble.

Why do you move so frequently? That must be difficult!

Nice to have you on the boards,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#19361 - 09/02/03 12:34 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the boards! I hope you will find answers here to some of your questions. I know I have---and plus, everyone here is so NICE!
I've moved a lot too (too many times to count) and it is always stressful. Once you settle into a routine and make new friends, you will be less stressed and you can gain control of your IBS. Heather has so many good ideas! If you haven't looked at her cookbook, I would encourage you to. Or just try the recipe board.

#19441 - 09/03/03 04:58 AM
Patersonclan

Reged: 09/01/03

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

We move at least every three years because my husband is in the Coast Guard. The problem is we never do a small move, it is always a cross country move which is soooo stressful! Well, at least I don't have to think about that for another couple of years!

#19445 - 09/03/03 05:40 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi and welcome to the boards!

We have moved a lot too,and my IBS always gets worse around this time,the stress!! We moved back to Scotland at the end of May,and there are still boxes waiting to be unpacked!!
Anyway,am sure you will find so much help and support here,and great ideas.I have learnt so much since i joined the boards! So happy posting!

--------------------
Morven

#19469 - 09/03/03 09:41 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

If it's any consolation ladies, just think - you will never accumulate junk like the rest of us do because you don't want to haul "crap" around the world.

Hmmmm - maybe my hubby and I should shoot across to Scotland for a year or two just to clear out some of our stuff LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1797 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1822

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review