All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Please pray for me
      #19246 - 09/01/03 08:20 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I need to ask you to please pray for me. I am going through a very difficult time right now. (not IBS-related, but with my personal life.) I feel like just getting in the car and driving to wherever. I would love to just run away and nobody know where I am.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please pray for me new
      #19250 - 09/01/03 09:14 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Be strong. You have my prayers.

#19252 - 09/01/03 09:19 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Hon, please email me if you want to - I'd love to talk.
Michelle
ecmmbm@carolina.rr.com
(lost your email, sorry!)

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#19255 - 09/01/03 10:26 AM
BL

I'm leaving for a little while. I need to get away and think.

#19256 - 09/01/03 10:41 AM
ecmmbm

You know I'm here. Email me and I'll give you my number if you just want to talk. Praying for you!

Your Charlotte friend,

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

#19258 - 09/01/03 10:57 AM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

I'm praying for you right now, and will keep praying. I felt this very same way at the beginning of the summer. Log back on when you get back so we all know you're okay.

#19261 - 09/01/03 11:22 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I second Michelle--if you're online, e-mail me--my address is in my profile. Please take care of yourself!

#19277 - 09/01/03 11:52 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Hey! You know we are here to listen. Please, please let us know how you are! I am thinking of you. best, artist

#19288 - 09/01/03 02:21 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Dear one,

I'm praying you're still connected to the board while you're out and about. Wherever you are right now, please know that I am praying for you. In fact, here is my prayer:

Father in Heaven, how I love you! You are full of compassion and mercy beyond my capacity to truly understand. Out of Your never-ending supply of compassion, please speak to Donna's spirit now in her time of distress. You alone know the what she's going through, the - but You also know the solution! You promise in Your Word that You are near to those who are crushed in spirit -- I pray that You will make Donna certain of Your nearness. Direct her steps to the Solid Rock, where she can't be shaken Thank You, Father God, that You have given Your Son, Jesus, to the world, that Whoever calls on His name will be saved. Thank You, dear Jesus, for Your sacrifice so that we could believe and, believing, could have the peace that passes human understanding. You said, "In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Thank You for that perfect peace that we can have even in the midst of our trials. Thank you, dear Lord, that if she calls on You, You will never let Donna down - you are faithful. Father, show her how you long to be gracious to her; that You rise to show her compassion. Help her to wait on You, Lord - fill her with hope. Help her to know the truth, dear God, that nothing is impossible with You! Oh, Lord, You have been so gracious to me! I ask that You would show that same grace to Donna, in just the way she needs to experience it - so that she will know just how long and high and wide and deep is Your love for her! Thank you, Father, that there is no need or desire too small or too great to bring to You - You are able to do more than we could ever even dream of! Bless Donna with Your presence and Your divine Provision - keep her safe, encourage her heart and above all, let her know she is loved with an everlasting love! In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

I've been going through some rough times, too, and just like you, I've wanted to run away - quite recently, in fact! Our situations, I'm sure, are very different - but God is not! Here's a little snippet of wisdom from a devotional book I have - the writer is Luci Swindoll:

"Jesus Christ offers all of us a sustaining hope in the midst of the here and now. Hope is a heartfelt assurance that our heavenly Father knows what's best for us and never makes a mistake. Joy and fulfillment are not in another town, another job, another life. They're in your very own heart. Believe it. Clasp His hand and come. You're never too old to start living fully. Ask God for a fresh perspective on your life."

I think that's great! I'm 51, starting my life over - and the process is painful. I don't know what the future, short-term or long-term, has for me. But I'm not going it alone - God is with me, Christ is in me - the Hope of Glory. The Holy Spirit leads me, comforts me, counsels me. And God sends brothers and sisters to me to help carry my load - they're "stretcher-bearers" while I'm weak. Just a few days ago, I broke down and cried with a friend about the pressures of my job and how weary I am, trying to pack and move out by the 15th while I'm still struggling to learn my job. She just calmly took out a notepad, asked me about my schedule, how much did I have to move, what would be a good day, etc. The next day, she had lined up a team of movers and in doing so, a couple of people had mentioned that God had put me on their hearts for the past few weeks - and they've been praying hard for me! They were "God with skin on" to me - and I've been reminded once again that God is not unaware of or unsympathetic to my distress (and He's merciful and kind - much of my "mess" is of my own making - but He doesn't condemn). I pray that if you don't have a support network, that God will build one for you - and that you will be blessed.

With the love of Christ,
Kaybee C

#19292 - 09/01/03 03:08 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

I hope you are okay,am thinking of you.Please try to be strong,and am sure you will come through this,there are a lot of people here to help or just listen.
Take care

--------------------
Morven

I'm Back new
      #19303 - 09/01/03 05:06 PM
BL

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I'm back, not because I want to be, but because I felt "compelled" to. Maybe this was the power of your prayers.
I feel so stupid. I can't even be successful at running away! I had my suitcase packed and notes written to my family, but after realizing I had an important doctor's appointment in the morning and a birthday luncheon to go to tomorrow, I knew I couldn't just disappear! I went to Borders book store and read awhile, fully intending to check into a hotel for several days. A friend and her daughter came by and asked if I was coming to the luncheon tomorrow and my son called me on the cell phone to ask me a question and I was jolted back into reality. As much as I desperately wanted to run, I knew that was not the answer to escaping the pain I was feeling. All of a sudden I felt this incredible urge to see my boys again, and I was ashamed that I was leaving them. So I'm back. Whoever heard of a 44-year-old mother who runs away? Its sounds as crazy as I felt. I can laugh about it now, but it wasn't funny then. As most of you know I have manic depression and normally on my medication I don't hit those low, low points, but today, it scared me because I did.
Thank you again. All of you are so sweet, and I don't know what I'd do without you!

Re: We're Glad You're Back! new
      #19307 - 09/01/03 05:45 PM
busymom

Don't you dare be embarrassed! Probably all of us have at least felt like running away, and may have gotten as far as you did before being jolted back to reality (I know I have). Who doesn't feel like running away sometimes?

I will keep praying for you. I am so glad you let us know you were back. Hang in there! Trust in the Lord. "And we know that God causes ALL things to work together for GOOD for those who love the Lord, who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8: 28

#19311 - 09/01/03 07:43 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I'm just logging on at 9:30 tonight - boy I missed a lot today.
I'm so glad to read you are back home safely and whatever the problem is please know you will be my prayers tonight and tomorrow.
Keep posting so we know you are okay.

Re: I'm Back new
      #19331 - 09/02/03 06:53 AM
ecmmbm

You are not stupid and should not be embarrassed. I'm just so proud of you for expressing your feelings and for doing something that at least relieved some of the immediate pressure (getting away, reading, etc). That was very wise. Keep talking! We love you!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

#19340 - 09/02/03 10:22 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

BeagleLover,

I am a little behind everyone here in replying and I am so sorry for that. I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are going through such a tough time.

My mom is a manic depressant as well. I understand what you are going through because she used to tell me all about it when I was about 17 years old. She and I were pretty close.

I really hope you realize how lucky you are to have everyone around you and that everyone truly cares about you.

That's one thing my mom never realized is how lucky she was. I wish she would have, but sometimes you hit a low and nothing in the world can turn you around.

I am happy to hear you are doing better. I think you should advise your doctor of your feelings and maybe see a counsellor or something.

My thoughts are with you. I truly understand - and remember these feelings are not your fault. You can't help but feel this way. But you do need to have someone help you.

Feel free to email me if you wish to discuss this further. I completely understand.

Take care,
Big HUGS!!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

The power of prayer --- and yes, there are NO coincidences!....... new
      #19390 - 09/02/03 03:11 PM
KaybeeC

So GLAD you're back, safe and sound! Prayer IS powerful - the Word of God says that the prayers of the righteous "avail much" - in other words, get results! It's no coincidence, as you realized, that you were on that bench, that your friends walked by, that there was a job open that seemingly fits your talents! God loves, loves, loves, LOVES you --- He loves ALL He has created! And in Jeremiah 29:11-13, He tells us that He has a plan for us: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Then, in Jeremiah 33:3, He says, "Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Those words are for you, Donna - whether you're bipolar, up or down, on meds or not - no matter what your situation looks like. He has a plan for you.... maybe it's this job, maybe it's something else....

Yesterday, I started to just answer that of course, I would pray, but I, too, was "compelled" -- to write out my prayer just as I was praying it. I specifically asked God to "DIRECT YOUR STEPS" , to help you to "WAIT" on Him, to "fill you with HOPE", and to "bless you with His PROVISION". Please know that I'm not saying it was anything in ME that knew what to pray -- God's Holy Spirit was guiding my prayer -- because HE knew exactly what you needed -- and He helped me pray for you. The Word says that even when we don't know WHAT to pray, the Holy Spirit prays for us. I've been a Christian for almost seven years now and I can tell you that there have been many, many times I could only cry - can't even put my prayers in words - but God knows our every need even before we're aware!

I just hope that you know what a privilege it is to pray for you - and anyone else on the board - and it's so exciting to see what God is doing! I've learned, though, that most times we have to trust a little longer than it's comfortable -- because He sometimes lets us run our rope out to the last inch before He moves -- He wants us to learn to depend on Him, not on our own strengths and abilities. But He's always there, and underneath us are the everlasting arms. Those who place their trust in Him through His Son will never fall - we may stumble, but He'll always have us by the hand - and we'll have the wonderful assurance that He is in control. It's a good thing, too -- if I went by my emotions and feelings, I'd sure make a mess of things! And even when I do, He's able to redeem the situation. As "busymom" wrote, He is able to cause ALL things to work out for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose! What the enemy means for our harm, God can use for our good....We can never lose with Christ!

Whether or not you get the job at CargoKids (which sounds really neat - I love Pier One, too!), just remember that God has SOMETHING for you, somewhere!

(Gee, I hope I don't sound "self" righteous -- or too "preachy" -- but God is so good, it's hard not to share His promises with you....I've experienced so much of His mercy and grace, and He's just blessed me so much in my darkest times -- like I said, it's just hard not to share...hope you understand and accept this in the spirit it's given - humble, humble, humble, thankful, thankful, thankful!)

In Christian love and concern,
Kaybee C

Re: The power of prayer --- and yes, there are NO coincidences!....... new
      #19525 - 09/03/03 01:02 PM
busymom

WOW! I know your message was directly for "beaglelover", but I'm sure encouraged! Thank you for sharing. What a blessing!

#19540 - 09/03/03 02:49 PM
KaybeeC

Melinda, I'm so humbled that you were blessed!

God is so good - all the time - and He knew you needed to read that post, too! "Every good gift comes from the Father" ... can't remember the exact reference, but it's so true... anything I do that blesses someone else - and vice-versa - is just a God-send in the truest sense of the word.

I don't know how God "speaks" to you, but for me, it seems He often gives me some concrete sign - at just the right time - that He's aware of my hurts and my needs. Just today, I got an e-mail from a friend that was exactly what I needed - and she had no knowledge of the situation - but the Lord had obviously put me on her heart.

I'm grateful and blessed, myself, to get to know my sisters-in-Christ on this board - hope it's always a mutual blessing. (BTW, if the Lord ever hints to you that I'm too "preachy" or being offensive or a stumbling block to others, would you nudge me? Sometimes His Word just kind of pours out.... thanks!)

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#19638 - 09/04/03 11:38 AM
busymom

I have only and always been blessed by each of your postings, and they have always uplifted my heart. Do you happen to know if your spiritual gift is Exhortation/Encouraging?

#20011 - 09/09/03 07:06 AM
KaybeeC

Thank you so much and praise God for HIS WORD! Yes, I've been told I have the gifts (from God, nothing of myself) of encouragement and teaching - would you say that's the same thing you're talking about? Or are you talking about preaching? I've also been told I have the gift of hospitality. Encouragement and Hospitality and Teaching have been confirmed by my local church body and others. (For non-Christians who may not know what we're talking about, these are "spiritual gifts" that God gives - and He gives gifts to ALL believers in Jesus Christ, for the purpose of building up and encouraging the body of Christ - so that they, in turn, can serve Him and others - to be His "hands and feet" in the world. God says that He is no respecter of persons - in other words, we're to have no pride about the gifts God has given us - all the gifts have value, and we're all to exercise our gifts in a spirit of humility and servanthood, with Christ as our model. Hope I didn't just make this "clear as mud"!). And it seems that the Lord is always putting people in my path to pray for - gives me a chance to give the gospel as we go to the Throne! (Had the awesome opportunity to witness tonight, to the gentleman who cuts our grass! Pray for someone to water the seed!).

It's so easy for me to slide into delivering God's Word - sometimes in prayer, sometimes in emails, sometimes in conversation - I just always pray that I'll be using His Words and His message for His purpose and that I won't have a hidden agenda. (It's "easy" in the sense of "being on the tip of my tongue" - not a "talent" - just a joy and a privilege. Sometimes, it just spills out - that's why I asked if I ever sounded "preachy").

A few months ago, I spoke at our women's retreat.....and it came straight from Scripture....but by two days before the event, I was nearly ill with fear that I was absolutely unworthy to do this -- too full of sin, you know.....but thank God, I had a prayer team and the Lord reminded me that I can do ALL things through Christ, and that if HE had called me to this, HE would enable me....and you can't imagine what the enemy threw at me (like a middle-of-the-night ER visit with my mom just hours before my talk!). I believed that He had called me to give this talk, on this topic, and I also knew that if I backed out on some flimsy excuse, I would be like Jonah when he refused to go to Nineveh! I figured, just get up there and open my mouth and see what the Lord would do!! I was literally shaking when I went up there - and had no idea if I'd be able to deliver what I'd prepared - but through Him, I was - and I even ad-libbed! It was such a faith-builder.....and I was blessed for my obedience...my faith is stronger....other women were touched by God....He can use the little that we offer and make much out of it! HE is amazing! Every good gift comes for Him! I know that there is no righteousness in me apart from Christ! I'm a sinner saved by Grace and so, so, humble and thankful!

All that said, my deepest desire is to be able to go to Bible college and then seminary -- I have no money, and just a few quarters of college --- but I'm holding on to that dream.....there's always distance learning! I'd love to study thru Moody Bible Institute or Taylor University in Indiana -- lots of others I like, too. Maybe someday....! BTW, one of the sins I struggle with is pride -- it seems that the enemy tries to bring it up in me whenever someone gives me encouragement or affirmation - but I now know that while God doesn't want me to be prideful, He DOES want me to be joyful! I could only have written this openly to you because you've let me know where you stand with the Lord. Couldn't have shared this "unvarnished" report with just anyone.

Your replies and posts have likewise been a blessing to me - and to others, I'm sure! Thanks so much for your interest in me -- what are YOUR gifts and the desires of YOUR heart?

Blessings,
Kaybee C - who thanks her God upon every remembrance of you!

Edited by KaybeeC (09/09/03 07:29 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6221

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review