All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Melissa finally spills the beans...
      #192294 - 07/06/05 12:39 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

after much "persuasion" from the girls.

Honestly, I wasn't going to post this, because I'm never around anymore, and I lost touch with everything that goes on around here, that I felt like what right do I have to post this. (Hope that makes sense and doesn't sound rude..sometimes I have a hard time expressing myself clearly. ) I just went through so much in the past 1 1/2 years, and when my computer went down for over a month...I just couldn't get back on track or keep up with everyone! So anyway, enough of my babbling. So, here ya go - I'm just going to paste the email I sent out here.

Just wanted to let you all know the good news....

Mikey and I are getting married!

Oh, and hi BTW! LOL

So, I know I'm crap at keeping in touch with you all, but you should know that I think of ya's all the time. And, I do get the occasional email in there! But seriously, I wanted to share my good news with you.

As you know, Mikey and I have been together for quite awhile now. In ways it seems like forever, and yet it seems like it only just begun. He's my best friend, my soul mate, and I've never been happier or more sure of anything in my whole entire life. I feel so lucky and blessed! So on to the proposal details!

On Saturday, Mikey's parents were having their annual 4th of July bash. So, I drove over to his house on Saturday afternoon so we could head over. Well, on the way to the party, we stopped at The Jug to pick up ice, at least that's what he said as we pulled in. (The Jug is short for The Jughandle Inn, a local bar, BTW.) On the way walking in to get ice, he stopped me, pulled out a card and told me I had to read it right there. This also happened to be the spot where we had our first kiss. So, I read the card (lots of mushy stuff! LOL), and when I was finished he pointed to the sign for the Jug. I looked over and saw "FWOGGY WILL YOU MARRY ME". (I'm Fwoggy, BTW. LOL) See pic below:

This sign is on a main highway BTW. Anyway, I said, "Holy [censored]!" (yes, my dad said, "Isn't she so romantic!" LMAO), and he whipped out the ring and asked me, to which I said YES!!!!! Then, after lots of kissing and hugging, he said, "Let's go in," so I said, "Do we still need to get ice?" (Duh, can you tell I was flustered? LOL) We walk in and there's Matt (his son) playing a video game, and his dad and aunt were at a table. Mikey turns to me and says, "BTW, there's no party today - it's on Monday." We all hung out for a little while and my dad and his GF showed up so we ate dinner, and that was that!

And his aunt kept Matt for the night. hehe

Oh, and since EVERYONE keeps asking what the heck is up with "Fwoggy", I might as well tell you that also. Last year, Piper dug a hole in my car seat, so I patched it up and I wanted to get seat covers. Mikey and I went to the store to check them out, and I saw ones with a pair of frogs sitting on a branch on them. Haha - here there are! http://www.frogstore.com/catalog/Treefrogs-Bucket-Seat-Cover-One-p-3303.html For the heck of it, I just tried searching for them online and there they were...LOL Anyway, Mikey ended up going back to the store and buying them for me and surprising me with them later that week. So, one day Mikey said the frogs were us and he was the one on the right cuz he's always looking over at me! LOL So, somehow we started calling each other Froggy and it eventually (don't remember when or how) it evolved into Fwog or Fwoggy.

So, we are actually considering doing the deed when we go to Vegas for the Fall Sprawl. Still thinking on that one though. If not, we will be going to a local place called Cathedral of the Woods. (Sharon, don't know if you are familiar with it - it's in Medford). I love this place. Here's a pic of it: http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/newJersey/CathedralOfTheWoods.php

Oh yeah, and I LOVE the ring. It is based off of this design: http://www.custom-engagement-rings.com/images/heather14wlg.jpg

The end.

Hope all of you are doing well!

Melissa
XXOO

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Melissa finally spills the beans... new
      #192299 - 07/06/05 12:45 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

WOOHOO!

I am still voting for a Vegas wedding with Shelley and I as the flower girls. LOL Kandee can be the entertainment with the midget.

Ooh and I LOVE the ring! Not sure if you sent that link before, but it's absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations again!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#192303 - 07/06/05 12:47 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Wooohooo Girl!!! I am so happy for you...and Mikey of course. What a sweet proposal!!!

Jenny and Shell would make lovely bridesmaids!!! I was thinking you could have the songs Legs....as your wedding song...but change it to "She's got IBS" And she knows how to control it!!" LOL

Keep us posted on the plans girl!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Congratulations!!! -nt- new
      #192305 - 07/06/05 12:49 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

#192306 - 07/06/05 12:50 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Jenny and Shell would make lovely bridesmaids!!! I was thinking you could have the songs Legs....as your wedding song...but change it to "She's got IBS" And she knows how to control it!!" LOL

LMAO! Oh man.. we've been floating ideas of a periwinkle wedding. Poor Melissa.. we're planning her imaginary Vegas wedding for her. Won't blame you a bit if you want to have it in NJ!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#192309 - 07/06/05 12:51 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Ok, best idea yet...maybe you could have the wedding at my scrapbooking store!! Seriously I would more than happy to decorate the shelves with some garland for you and I have a back classroom that is three steps us and would be perfect for the priest (or mini elvis in your case) to pronounce you man and wife LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#192310 - 07/06/05 12:52 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm gonna cry again....

Now don't forget I'm one of the flower girls if you DO do it in Vegas for Fall Sprawl.... and if nothing else, I'll still be wearing my periwinkle underwear!! LOL

I'M SOOOOO VERY VERY HAPPY for BOTH of you... you are the perfect couple... and after meeting both you and Mikey in Vegas last year I KNEW you two would be married someday!!

So, just let us know if we need to plan a batchlore/batchlorette parties, a wedding, or BOTH in Vegas!! LOL

P.S. you are ALWAYS part of these board and don't ever feel like you can't share things with us... we all go MIA from time to time!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#192311 - 07/06/05 12:55 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

P.S. you are ALWAYS part of these board and don't ever feel like you can't share things with us... we all go MIA from time to time!!

Ditto!

--------------------
- Jennifer

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo! -nt- new
      #192312 - 07/06/05 12:56 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

#192317 - 07/06/05 12:59 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hey, very cool!!!!

Congrats Melissa.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 302 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33451

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review