All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Okay, enough is enough!
      #191508 - 07/04/05 01:34 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You all know the horrible past few weeks I've been having: car accident, totaled car, walking miles in heat to get groceries, groceries getting stolen, broke my tooth and need expensive root canal and crown, broke my blender and now have glass imbedded in my foot from where I stepped on a hidden shattered piece...having to get rides back and forth to work, not having a car to go car shopping, losing out on a great apartment after losing out on a condo I loved, locking myself out of my apartment for hours in the pouring rain and heat....the list goes on!

Well, I have no money. None. I make very little at my job. But I went ahead and bought a Toyota that was beyond my means because they are suppose to be so reliable. I didn't take the extended warranty because I have no money to pay for it.

Well, I get into the car today to get some much needed groceries and to go visit Grandma and mom and guess what. The d*** car won't start! I've had this car exactly 9 days and the car won't start! I cried! I can't take life anymore. What is with life anyhow? I can't seem to get any relief in my symptoms, I have a clueless doctor, I get no medical advise, and my luck is just rotten!

Now, I fear I have just sank half a years salary into a lemon! I thought Toyota didn't make lemons! And because I didn't take the extended warranty, I am responsible for towing costs to the dealer to get the car looked at! I fear the bill...may I reiterate, I have no money!

I am so afraid I have bought myself a lemon. I cannot afford repairs on a car that I already spent too much money on. I am freaking out with worry. I don't know if I should ask if it's too late to return the car, or if I am just stuck with this car now...or if I am blowing all this out of proportion and maybe it's just the battery? But why already? In only a week? Is this a bad omen of things to come?

What do you guys think I should do? Do you think I should ask if it's too late to get an extended warranty if I can? Should I try to return the car (doubt that's an option).

Have any of you had this happen to you before?

Oh, I think I am at the end of my rope here. Why does life beat people who are barely hanging on in the first place?

I thought this car fiasco was over, but I fear it is just the beginning of a rotten deal!

Thanks for anyone who's out there on this Happy 4th of July! Yeah, right!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Before you panic... new
      #191510 - 07/04/05 01:43 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...triple check that you left nothing on that could've drained the battery. Then check under the hood to see if you can spot any cables that aren't attached.

Do you have jump leads? If not could you get them and find someone else with a vehicle to try giving you a jump? If that works and you left nothing on and no cables are lose, then odds are it just needs a new battery.

{{{hugs}}} Hope it works out ok.

Okay, maybe I'm over reacting new
      #191513 - 07/04/05 01:45 PM
Augie

But it's still frustrating to shell out half a years salary on a car and a week later it won't start.

Plus, since it is a Holiday here, no one is at the dealership to answer the phone. So, I won't have any answers until tomorrow, tops.

Sorry if so melodramatic...I'm trying to not freak out before I assess the situation...but I'm not very good at it yet, as my previous post indicates!

--------------------
~ Beth

I would be positively hysterical by now if I were you...I think you're doing GREAT! new
      #191516 - 07/04/05 01:51 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Beth...you are able to post here and to take a deep breath...WOW! Good for you. You should be PROUD! Keep us posted...we love ya!!!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Okay, maybe I'm over reacting new
      #191517 - 07/04/05 01:52 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'd be screaming too, but before you burst into tears, check that it isn't something simple that you can sort out - like a flat battery.

Good luck!

Thanks Ruchie new
      #191518 - 07/04/05 01:56 PM
Augie

Believe me, I was much worse before I got to the boards. I cried, then tried calling the dealer twice, then talked to my mom a little.

I'm not good with anxiety or problems! I thought if I didn't post a retraction, people would think I was absolutely nuts! But truth be told, I'm freaking out.

I don't know anything about cars, I can't figure out if I left anything on that isn't suppose to be on because the car is so unfamiliar to me. And I don't know anything about wires...It all looks normal to me. Well, it all looks confusing to me!

If it's just the battery, I will be thankful...but now I will always be on edge waiting for the next problem to happen! I can't live on edge all the time...I wish I never got this stupid car. I should have waited for another one. I have such rotten luck!

--------------------
~ Beth

I don't have jumper leads... new
      #191519 - 07/04/05 02:00 PM
Augie

and no one seems to be around to help. Everyone is off barbequing and celebrating the 4th of July.

Linz, I can't tell if anything is loose or left on. I'm not too familiar with the car yet.

Do you think I should try and get my money back on this car? I'm so afraid this is just a bad sign. I can't live on edge waiting for the next problem.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Okay, enough is enough! *DELETED* new
      #191520 - 07/04/05 02:00 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Well, I've only had the problem once so far... new
      #191521 - 07/04/05 02:06 PM
Augie

...do I have to wait for the problem to happen 3 times?

I really just don't want to have to return the car and start all over again looking for a new one. I am so tired of this car fiasco...it's been a month of dealing with this since my car accident.

The car did go through a thorough inspection and is a certified Toyota vehicle, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it, right??? In theory, at least. Oy, sorry to be such a downer here. I don't know what I'd do without you guys. I am so grateful for all of you!

Lots of HUGS and love to all my buddies out there!

--------------------
~ Beth

Something like this actually happened to me! new
      #191548 - 07/04/05 04:36 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I tell you I have terrible luck with cars... honey, I ain't kiddin'.

Before I had the Metro, I bought a Saturn. Saturns are supposed to be WONDERFUL cars - I have friends who've had theirs happily for years with no problems. It was older, but still very nice. To top it off, it was only $3K, so I was a very happy camper.

Well, I drove it for a month, and it died. And when I say "died", what I mean is that the engine block inexplicably cracked, essentially totalling the car. I didn't have a warranty either... in fact, the 30-day warranty from the dealer had JUST expired.

You know d@mn well I raised h*** with the dealership for selling me junk. I'm good at getting my way when I get pissy, I guess. In the end, they agreed to apply my purchase price of the old car towards a new one... and that's how I got my Metro, which has been a basically good car through an awful lot of mileage.

Call the dealership. You've only had the car 9 days - most dealerships will work with you in that time frame, even without an extended warranty. And if they don't, that's when you report them to the BBB and register complaints about them with their managers, their corporate offices if they have them, etc etc. You'd be surprised what you can accomplish when you don't settle for being treated like crap... but hopefully it won't have to go that far anyway.

A car not starting *can* be something really minor, costwise, to fix. Don't freak out till there's something worth freaking about!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 39 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2607

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review