All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: How Long Have You Been At Your Current Job(s) new
      #190927 - 07/01/05 04:24 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I've been at my current job almost three and a half years. Wow. Time, it does fly.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oct. 16th will be 17 years I think......... new
      #190931 - 07/01/05 04:47 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Wow after reading everyone's post boy do I feel old and I'm only 37 (38 in 2 days!)I've been with the same company, yes 17 years and a bonus???? What's a bonus???? Never got one of those, however, one perk is that I get my day care 1/2 price which saves me about $200 a month. You are so lucky you get that bonus. Man I'd be getting $1700.00!!!!!!

I do love my job (obviously). I can honestly say that I only threatened to leave once and they matched what the other employer was gonna give me so I stayed

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

LittleLisa new
      #191029 - 07/02/05 06:38 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

What kind of work do you do? For some reason, I thought you were a stay-at-home Mom.

Amost 6! new
      #191032 - 07/02/05 06:43 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

and hopefully there forever- although my boss is turning 65 next week- he tells me he will never retire!! He's a doctor and I am his personal asst so if he goes- I go!!

Re: How Long Have You Been At Your Current Job(s) new
      #191143 - 07/02/05 09:35 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Well...I've done the same summer program now for 4 years in a row. It's an 8 week internship at a DoD lab..does this count towards the question?

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

I think I win for shortest time...... 1 week lol new
      #191176 - 07/03/05 06:44 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Only been at my new job for 1 week. I quit my job of 3+ years to move and had to start all over again!!!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

I think you do win! new
      #191217 - 07/03/05 09:49 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What are you doing now Bethany? I see you're a student too! What are you studying? I love learning new things about my fellow IBS buddies!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

7 months, and boy has it gone fast! new
      #191220 - 07/03/05 10:03 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Before this job, I was at my other PT job for 3 years. It was very scary for me to change jobs. I don't do well with change.

I would be very happy to stay at this job until I retired except for the fact that it pays poverty level salary...so I will need to start looking again if I ever want to own anything at all...I'm still a renter and I hate it!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

reply for Augie new
      #191287 - 07/03/05 04:14 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Right now I am working part time for the summer in a retail job until school starts in Sept. I went to university for 4 years and got my BA. Right when I graduated I started at a company and worked there for 3 years, moved up the ladder and was working full time. I decided that wasn't where I wanted to be for the rest of my life and that I would take the chance at going back to school. I live with my boyfriend and he is in his career. He was very supportive of me going back to school and will/ has been supporting us since I left my full time job. I am going back for Business-Human Resources and it is a 2 year program. I went to an info session at the school a few weeks ago and it looks like I will be one of the older people around. They were talking so much about the change from coming from high school to their school, etc and all I could think was holy I haven't been in high school for 9 years lol. I am only 25 but I am leary of going back because I have been here before. I thought I was doing the right thing the first time around!
Oh well, the world works in mysterious ways and everything will work out the way it is supposed to even if it isn't the way I expect it to right?
p.s this time I am letting my profs know I have a medical disability and they have set up some special accomodations for me.
Whew long post/ answer for you....... now ur turn what about you?

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

5.5 years...... too long. -nt- new
      #191406 - 07/04/05 06:19 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16802

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review