All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
A good morning surprise!!!!
      #190474 - 06/30/05 07:38 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I let my dogs outside in the backyard this morning. I looked down at the newspaper in my hand, looked back up and saw one of my beagles nose to nose with a SNAKE on my back porch!!!

I was still in my pj's and had no shoes on, so I panicked. I stood at the back door (about 3 feet away), telling the dog "NO!" over and over again. He finally ran off into the yard----and then my little beagle decides she wants to check the snake out too.

As she gets closer and closer to it, I'm pleading with her to "Come to Mommy!" I grabbed the dog treats from inside and held them out to her. Finally, she ran inside to me---and then the other beagle decided he'd go around the snake since Mom wasn't too happy with it!

I was shaking by this time. I HATE snakes! They give me the creeps. I tried to wake up my teenage son to come kill it---and he wouldn't get up (it was only 9 a.m.!!!) When I came back downstairs, the snake had disappeared!

Now I get to worry about where it is. I won't be going outside without my shoes on today----that's for sure! Let's just pray the snake doesn't strike my dogs when they go out later to potty!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yuck! new
      #190484 - 06/30/05 07:47 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I do NOT like snakes....we get a lot of them because we have a big pond right in our backyard, with a cornfield right behind it!

We do get tons of frogs though, and I LOVE them! They are adorable. Sometimes we get huge bullfrogs stuck in our well window though, and we have to try and get them out with a shovel, it's a pain....

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Yuck! new
      #190493 - 06/30/05 07:53 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yikes!!! I'm not found of snakes but prefer them to big, hairy spiders! I'd be worried though where it slithered off to! When that teenager of yours gets up, send him out looking for it so you don't have to worry about it sneaking up on you or the dogs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Yuck! new
      #190496 - 06/30/05 07:58 AM
Cara4503

Spiders....eewww...just the thought makes me shiver! I'm SO bad with bugs! And mice....YUCKKKKK!!!

Justin came home one day and I was standing on the kitchen table - I literally had been there for probably an hour before he got home because I saw a mouse in the kitchen. (This was in our apartment - there will be NO mice in this house!! )

As far as spiders go, I CANNOT step on them, freaks me out..I have to spray them with something until they die....I've even used almost a whole bottle of hairspray once when Justin wasn't home...probably not too good for the floor!

Oh - and I check every sheet for spiders EVERY NIGHT before I get in bed - LOL. I will not be part of that statistic that people swallow a lot of bugs in their sleep. At least I'll do everything I can to prevent it

--------------------
~Cara~

Snake did bite dog! Off to vet! Please pray! new
      #190497 - 06/30/05 08:01 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Face swollen like a golf ball. CAn see bite. Vet said it sounds like a copperhead snake.

Please pray he's ok.

OH! :( new
      #190500 - 06/30/05 08:05 AM
Cara4503

I hope he's ok! Poor little doggy!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: OH! :( new
      #190505 - 06/30/05 08:11 AM
michele

Oh NO!!!! Poor doggy!!! I hope he is ok, please let us know when you get home!!!

--------------------

Re: Swallow bugs in my sleep??? new
      #190507 - 06/30/05 08:16 AM
michele

Oh YUCK, your going to give me nightmares!!!!!!! Creeeeeppppyyyyy!!! Icckkyyy!!! We actually have paid this year for an exterminator (I call him the terminator!) to spray. We've had problems with ants, bees and earwigs!! Mostly ants and spiders in the house, bees, earwigs and various other creepy crawlys out side. I have lots of garden so, naturally, lots of bugs! The "terminator" guy sprays inside and out and it makes a HUGE difference!!! NO bugs or ants inside at all and only a few stray bees outside. Its kinda exopensive but SO worth it!!! They actually drilled little holes into our walls and sprayed inside the walls to be sure EVERYTHING was DEAD! They came out like once a week for a month, than everyother week for a bit and now just once a month! If I see a bug, I call them and they come right out!

--------------------

LOL!!! new
      #190515 - 06/30/05 08:26 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I check the bed too every night and my husband thinks I'm ridiculous. I mean, I lift up the covers, look between the sheets and covers, pick up all the pillows, shake everything out.....I am terrified of bugs crawling on me when I sleep!! (My main enemy is earwigs!!)

--------------------

Re: Snake did bite dog! Off to vet! Please pray! new
      #190527 - 06/30/05 08:59 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Omg! This post just made me CRY! (PMS and I guess I'm just sensative too!) BL...let us know as SOON as you get back!

We LOVE our pups...they're family! I can't even IMAGINE! I'm sooooooo sorry! Your poor baby *hugs* *hugs* *hugs* *hugs* and lots of prayers...

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1022 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25755

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review