All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Rachel new
      #190711 - 06/30/05 04:11 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Yes, my husband and one of our sons are huge golfers (0 handicap and captain of the golf team at high school), so when we adopted the beagle from the rescue society, my husband thought that would be an appropriate name for a dog that was getting a second chance with a family!

It is the perfect name for him, although the neighborhood kids have a hard time pronouncing it. We tried calling him "Mully" for short, but stopped that when the kids thought we were saying "Molly." (We couldn't have someone thinking our boy dog was a girl!)

Mice! No, I couldn't handle those in my house. As a child, we lived behind farmland and mice would sometimes get in our house. I remember my Mom screaming when she saw one in the kitchen. We used the traps too!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

How many of us are going to dream about mice, spiders and snakes tonight?~nt~ new
      #190716 - 06/30/05 04:20 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Cara, so glad you are feeling better new
      #190727 - 06/30/05 04:52 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

It's so nice to know that you are now enjoying your pregnancy, instead of throwing up all the time!

Re: Rachel new
      #190735 - 06/30/05 05:25 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

The name thing is funny! People always get our dog's name wrong- it's Cara (because she's caramel colored) but due to regional weirdness, people think that should be pronounced like car-uh instead of care-uh. And we had a doorman once who thought her name was Carrot!!

I'm glad your doggies ok too, BL. I would be completely hysterical if any of my pets were bitten by a Copperhead.

Re: No, I don't think snakes deserve respect new
      #190744 - 06/30/05 05:55 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

We have a foundation problem in our house, and we get snakes in the house (we live out in the country). They mostly stay in the crawl space, but they do get upstairs. They are non-poisonous snakes, so we catch them and take them over the river and release them there. We haven't had too many this year, but we used to get large batches in spring & fall, probably a total of 60-80 snakes per year.

I don't mind them that much anymore, but yes, they are creepy. We really don't have poisonous snakes here in Iowa (except rattlers, but I'm in the wrong part of the state for those), but if we ever did get one it would be dead.

I hope you find that copperhead! If you do want to look for it, snakes like to sun themselves -- they like paved roads/walks, stones, anything that's in the sun and retains the heat. They also stick to tall grass, so make your husband keep the grass trimmed short! Good luck, and I'm glad your dogs are OK.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Car-a new
      #190801 - 07/01/05 06:05 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

That bugs me!!!!!! My name is pronounced Care-a, and people either say Car-a, or they spell it with a K.

I think you are the second person on the boards to have a dog named Cara! LOL. Makes me feel REAL good! Haha.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Car-a new
      #190814 - 07/01/05 07:49 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Nah, I think I'm the only one with a dog Cara, though I could be wrong.

And you should be flattered- she's the prettiest, greatest dog ever.

Re: Car-a new
      #190842 - 07/01/05 10:18 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Maybe it was you I was thinking of then - lol Ok so there's only one dog named Cara...I'm glad she's a good dog!

--------------------
~Cara~

Some Snake Pics...hee hee new
      #190865 - 07/01/05 11:31 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Since we're on the subject of snake I thought I'd share a couple pics of my babies!!

Re: Some Snake Pics...hee hee new
      #190870 - 07/01/05 11:39 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Although I would not have a snake as a pet, yours look really cool Kimm! What are their names?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 726 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25895

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review