All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Good point, ecmmbm! -nt- new
      #190608 - 06/30/05 11:32 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I think it's odd new
      #190626 - 06/30/05 12:49 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

that a "debate" started about whether or not I should kill the snake. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I wasn't asking for anyone's opinion (or permission) to kill the snake. I was asking for prayer for my very sick dog.

It WILL be dead if I see it again!

You can "discuss" it all you want, but I have too many young children and pets playing in my backyard to leave it be.

But Nelly, I'm terrified of mice and alligators too..... new
      #190627 - 06/30/05 12:53 PM
BL

and my smallest beagle is frightened of fireworks! (a flash- back to her days when she was forced by a hunter to hunt).

Maybe my husband will run over the snake with the lawnmower, and then I can enjoy my pretty patio again.

Re: I think it's odd new
      #190635 - 06/30/05 01:03 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

That's the problem with posting on a message board to a bunch of strangers- it becomes open for public discussion. Sometimes the conversation goes off in different ways than we would have expected, but you know, meaning is made both through the originator and the receiver!

Haha- I'm not alone! new
      #190639 - 06/30/05 01:09 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

My hubby makes fun or me for lifting every sheet before I get it. But I HAVE found spiders before! I would just DIE if I got into bed and one crawled on me. I do NOT do good with bugs crawling on me.

One time my mom was washing out some clothes in the laundry room in this huge sink we used to have. Our laundry room was in the crawl space practically...very scary room in the corner of the basement...anyways - the sink wouldn't drain, so she finally stuck her hand down there and thought she felt a ball. So she pulled it up, and it was a mouse!! She said she screamed so loud and for so long that her neighbors came over and one almost called the police. LOL. So I guess I get it from my mom...

--------------------
~Cara~

BL... new
      #190645 - 06/30/05 01:13 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Is he doing any better?? Did the swelling go down?? I hope so That makes me so sad! Poor little guy.

Emeril was wrestling in the basment today with Rocco, and he ran into a corner and slit open a little part of his ear!! He cried for so long that I was crying! I held ice on it and he eventually was ok and wrestling again...but I just hate it when they are hurt! Imagine how I'll be with a baby if I'm crying over my pup

Oh - and if a poisenous snake was in my backyard, it'd be dead in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even think twice, because I'd much rather have a dead snake than an injured or dead child.

--------------------
~Cara~

You just made me laugh out loud at my desk!!--nt new
      #190653 - 06/30/05 01:19 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

I almost screamed just reading that! --nt-- new
      #190658 - 06/30/05 01:28 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: A good morning surprise!!!! new
      #190659 - 06/30/05 01:30 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

If that snake were in my yard, biting my dog, it would be a very dead snake. I'm with you. God did create all the creatures, but He also gave man dominion over them!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Cara and Amanda new
      #190679 - 06/30/05 02:10 PM
BL

Good to know I'm not the only one who wouldn't hesitate to get rid of this snake. Yeah, dominion over him! I like that!

Mulligan is going to be ok, I guess. He's just so pitiful. The swelling has gone down, but his eyes are very dilated and he acts drunk when he walks. Don't know if that's the medicine or what.

I found out that another dog in my neighborhood was bitten by a copperhead about 2 years ago and he came out of it ok.
But I hate it when my doggies are sick.

Cara, I hope Emeril is ok. They are like babies because they depend on us for everything. You are going to make a terrific Mom. How are you feeling? Any better?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 472 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25891

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review