All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Sorry, I don't agree new
      #190556 - 06/30/05 10:08 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

A harmless snake, I would leave alone,...... but I don't have any problem killing a poisonous one. I want to enjoy living in my backyard without worrying about getting bitten by it. And I won't let anything hurt my babies (my beagles!)

In fact, if I see the thing, I will probably BASH it with a shovel or hoe.

I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Plus, this one cost me $75 at the vet and my beagle a lot of pain.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I regret it!!! new
      #190557 - 06/30/05 10:09 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Those are NASTY!

I grew up with roaches...big ones in FL! In our 1st apt. we had mice or rats...not sure. Last place were spiders. Hope we have NOTHING here!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Animal control won't come out here for a snake! new
      #190558 - 06/30/05 10:16 AM
BL

We live in a big city, and they're too busy with major problems to worry about a little snake. It ain't gonna happen.

I'd leave the thing alone if I had been trampling on its territory (deep in the woods). But it was on MY patio, right next to my house.

Re: Sorry, I don't agree new
      #190559 - 06/30/05 10:17 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

I say if you or your dog is in immediate danger then the snake has to be killed. The key word is immediate. Now that it has been awhile I think humanely removing the snake is the best way but as I said if you or your dog is in danger again then it is completely justifiable to defend yourselves by killing it.

--------------------

Re: Animal control won't come out here for a snake! new
      #190563 - 06/30/05 10:24 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Who else can you call if animal control won't do it?? Maybe call the zoo or animal shelter and ask them if they have any ideas. I agree, if you can get someone to remove the snale and re-locate it, fine, but you can't have a poisonios snake in your back yard!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I'm with you - a poisonous snake in my yard is a dead snake... new
      #190566 - 06/30/05 10:30 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Certain species were not meant to "co-habitate" if you ask me - poisonous snakes and people/kids/pets would fit into that category. Nothing against the snake - he's doing what he was created to do. So am I!

Interesting debate here... I'm an animal lover but I kill wasps, mosquitos ... and poisonous snakes ... and never can say I've felt bad about it.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

mine too!~nt~ new
      #190571 - 06/30/05 10:35 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

You ladies don't understand......... new
      #190583 - 06/30/05 10:54 AM
BL

I have NO IDEA where the snake is!!!

I have a huge backyard (about 3/4ths of an acre), and it's heavily wooded with lots of trees, stumps, pine straw, grass, shrubs, flowers, flowerpots,
birdbaths, wagon, etc.

Looking for the snake would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Unless it reappears on my back porch or in my flowerbed while I'm watering my plants, no one would ever find it!

So much for relaxing on the back porch at dusk with a glass of wine. ....I won't be able to do that for awhile without worrying about where that darn snake is.

Re: Sorry, I don't agree new
      #190584 - 06/30/05 10:54 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Well I'm sorry to hear that. In my opinion snakes are living things too and deserve respect. Just because they are not cuddly and cute looking to most people doesn't mean they are less deserving of our respect (like all of God's creatures in my opinion).

We are seeing more and more venemous species of snakes being eradicated because people unfortunately do not understand and therefore fear these creatures. They were put on this planet for a reason by God and because of that deserve our respect in my opinion.

I have 2 pet snakes at home and a cat but I love them all and respect them all the same.

Thank you, Michelle new
      #190585 - 06/30/05 10:57 AM
BL

I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me for wanting this *&$%@* snake dead! I'm with you---there are too many little kids in our neighborhood to let this snake go (if I ever see it again.)

A friend of my parents was just bitten by a copperhead----and she almost died. Her entire leg turned black.

I'm just thankful I didn't walk out on the porch this morning in my bare feet---or that my smallest beagle didn't get bitten too! I don't know that her little body could've handled the venom.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 679 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25894

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review