All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Best day in a LONG time!!! :) new
      #190153 - 06/29/05 10:01 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Oh thats fantastic Cara!!! I am sooooo happy for you!! Yay!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: YAY!! new
      #190157 - 06/29/05 10:11 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh, I'm so excited for you!! I can only imagine how you must have felt laying there, seeing your baby for the first time! What an awsome moment!!! And to think its probably a boy, how perfect! I know thats what you wanted but for some reason, I too, thought it was a girl!

I'm so happy for you! And I hope that new medication continues to work!! Lots of love and hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Best day in a LONG time!!! :) new
      #190178 - 06/29/05 11:02 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. It sounds like the sonogram was amazing!
Carter is a sweet name. I wouldn't worry about the farter thing so much (though Justin is probably right), but the first thing I thought of was Jimmy Carter. I know he was a pretty universally-liked president, but don't I remember you saying you were a rebublican? Haha, sorry, I think about politics WAY too much. Anyway I'm pretty sure Jimmy Carter started Habitat for Humanity, so that's a good name association!
Can you tell I'm a little bored at work today? :-P

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

I am so happy for you! Once you hold the baby it won't matter if you wanted a boy or girl... new
      #190201 - 06/29/05 11:55 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

You just kinda know that God planned for you to have what you got.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

LOL new
      #190282 - 06/29/05 02:27 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Yes, I am VERY Republican....about as far right as you can go....wouldn't have it any other way

I have thought of the Jimmy Carter thing of course...it's funny because we already have a nephew named Reagan, and a neice named Madison...so I guess we all just like President names! I REALLY want to name a boy Grant, because that's my little brother's middle name...but Justin doesn't like it as a first name (maybe I can talk him into it), and Carter Grant is just WAY too President-y I just thought Carter was so cute for a little boy, and that it's a good name for a man too....

We are not set on it 100% yet, probably about 80% Who knows though - we still have awhile! And it's fun to find new names...

--------------------
~Cara~

Of course! new
      #190283 - 06/29/05 02:28 PM
Cara4503

It wouldn't matter boy or girl at all...a healthy baby is enough to ask for, you know? It's just that added little bonus because I always wanted an older brother..so mabye I'll give another child an older brother one day

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: YAY!! new
      #190284 - 06/29/05 02:31 PM
Cara4503

Hehe... you probably thought it was a girl because I told you over and over that I was sure it was a girl. I think that's why I'm having such a hard time beleiving it really is a boy. I just have pictured that room PINK so many times...it really never occurred to me that it could be a boy.

Funny how they say your instinct is usually right. I guess I have an awful instinct!

I really hope your meds work better this month, and don't give you all those nasty side effects. I'm praying for you. Call me anytime, even if you just need to vent to someone!!

--------------------
~Cara~

No, not yet... new
      #190285 - 06/29/05 02:31 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...even with me working, we are so strapped for cash so it's just not an option right now. Now, another puppy, we might be able to afford soon! Archie needs a baby brother or sister to play with.

With my Fibro, we don;t want to have kids until we're fine financially on just Si's salary in case having a baby just wrecks me and I can't work for ages (plus it'd be nice to stay home for a while and then work p/t).

That's smart! new
      #190286 - 06/29/05 02:34 PM
Cara4503

We lived just off of Justin's salary from the moment we got married, because we knew that when we had kids that's how it would be. We saved all of my money from when I was working, and put a down payment on our house! Now I'm not working, and it is a lot harder w/o any savings..but I'm glad we got used to only his salary before I quit my job. Very smart to get used to it for many months before you quit.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Cara!!!! 80% is good! new
      #190330 - 06/29/05 05:12 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

They told me that my first one was an 80% chance that it was a boy and it was!!!! I'm so happy for you. He is just gonna be the cutest thing!! You are so funny when you say that you deep down wanted a boy. Most girls want girls. I can't remember if I really cared what I had first but after having a boy first I naturally wanted a girl but am SOOOO glad I had another boy. The girl drama's would have put me over the deep end. I just remember what I was like and I couldn't have dealt with another me!!! Besides, my neighbor who has daughters that are 14 & 15 and man are they having issues with other girls. Girls can be so mean to other girls! I tell her that is why God gave me BOYS!!!!

How exciting to get some good news about the baby!!!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 591 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16080

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review