Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Cara - how was last night? New meds working? -nt-
      #189749 - 06/28/05 07:40 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey Alicia! new
      #189759 - 06/28/05 08:24 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I didn't throw up! I'm so happy...maybe it was just a good night, but maybe, just maybe, these meds are better for me.
I love that I can take them every 3 hours, that helps a lot I think.
I go in for my abdominal sonogram in about 4 hours...I cna't eat or drink today and I'm DYING here! I'm going to be starving when I'm done with this thing...makes me dizzy.

Thanks for asking about me. I'm really hoping things will get better now.

I am SOOO tired lately! I thought you were supposed to get a second wind during the second trimester?? I am exhausted! I wasn't this tired during the first trimester at all. Looks like I'm becoming the exact opposite of every classic symptom.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Hey Alicia! new
      #189765 - 06/28/05 08:43 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

GOOD GIRL!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!! You're probably tired from the lack of fluids. Take heart. After the sonogram and you can get fluids into you you'll probably feel a lot better. I remember the second trimester being the most wonderful time in the world - you're over the sickness and not big enough to be uncomfortable with heartburn and all, so take heart! Good times are in front of you! The second timester is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! You will NEVER forget it! I can't say enough about it. It is truly an amazing experience. Just wait till you feel the baby move. It's the most amazing experience in the world that you will EVER EVER EVER EVER feel. And when your hubby can put his hand on your belly and feel it - there's nothing better. I swear. Hang in there, honey. You WILL feel better. Only amazing times to come. I can't wait till you get a pg belly! They're so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! You have to give us pics of your pg belly!!!! I swear, it's the most beautiful, amazing time of your life. Enough of the gushing. Just trying to be encouraging. Honey, you WILL get there. Just hang on. Things WILL get better. You WILL get over this MS and you WILL feel more wonderful than you EVER have in your whole life. Hugs, Alicia. (MISS being pregnant!!!!!!!)
PS - remembering the 3rd trimester - peeing ALL the time, falling asleep on the potty in the middle of the night, heartburn at night and asking the nurses for my "nightcap" (Diovol) with Quinlan, so I had to sleep in the laz-boy with Liam, ah the things to come, my dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Hey, Cara new
      #189796 - 06/28/05 11:02 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

That's wonderful news (that you didn't throw up last night.) Maybe this new medicine is going to help you get through this rough spot.

You should be feeling better soon. Now the fun part comes! You get to find out the sex of the baby, feel it move and enjoy watching your stomach grow!

I know you can't wait to find out what it is. Let us know! (And by the way, I love the names you have picked out.)

How exciting!

yayayayayay new
      #189810 - 06/28/05 11:42 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

yay cara.. i'm so glad it worked.
hopefully it will tonight too.

is hubby still working alot?

--------------------

Best day in a LONG time!!! :) new
      #189854 - 06/28/05 01:35 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

SOOOOOOO.......I just got back from my abdominal sonogram..the guy doing it was about 30, so I figured I'd flirt a little and ask him to check out my baby while he was at it...

He said, 'I can't do that!' But he was smiling...I was like, "COME ON!! PLEASE!!!!!!" So he said he would as long as I didn't tell the doctor!!

SO, we spent almost 20 minutes watching my baby! It was absolutely AMAZING! OH MY GOSH. He said he's never seen such an active baby - doing a ton of somersaults and stuff. Finally the baby sat up, almost in indian-style, and held up all 5 of it's little fingers in front of it's face...SO CUTE!! It was all I could do to not cry like a baby. OH my gosh, it was just kicking and moving all over the place....it was my little baby!!

I asked if he could tell boy or girl...and he said that because the baby was moving so much it was difficult, and it's a little bit early......BUT........

He is 80% sure it's a BOY!!!!!!!!! You have NO IDEA how excited I am! I am trying not to get my hopes up TOO high, becuase he could be wrong....but at the same time I can't help be totally excited because I secretely wanted a boy first so badly.

I called my hubby and he is so excited, but also mad at me for looking without him - LOL. He'll see in a couple weeks! I couldn't help it! It really made my day. I am on cloud 9 now...I don't care if I puke the rest of this pregnancy, I want to hold that little boy in my arms RIGHT NOW!

BTW Ash - Yes, Justin is still working a ton of hours, he will until the snow starts coming down!

--------------------
~Cara~

Oh, Cara,...... new
      #189865 - 06/28/05 02:09 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

how exciting! That must have been wonderful watching your baby. And they think it's a boy. I know you are thrilled---and your hubby is too. Boys are special (I have 2!!!)

Re: Best day in a LONG time!!! :) new
      #189909 - 06/28/05 04:16 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Aww, sweetheart! That's wonderful! What a great thing after so many horrible days. That'll keep you going till the official ultrasound. Isn't it so amazing!!!! You'll NEVER forget it!

--------------------

Re: Best day in a LONG time!!! :) new
      #189933 - 06/28/05 05:29 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh that is so so so exciting!!

Hopefully it really is a boy if thats what you really want!

let us know how you feel tonight.

--------------------

Re: Best day in a LONG time!!! :)
      #189944 - 06/28/05 05:38 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh wow! You about made me cry reading this! There is nothing like seeing your baby for the first time on the ultrasound. How exciting for you! Boys are great! My son is just a hoot and I love how rough and tough he is. My grandma told me a wonderful thing right after I had my son. She said "Angela I am glad you had a boy first like I did with your dad, because now you will always have a man to take care of you like your dad did when grandpa died" I about cried when she said that! I am so excited for you. Good luck sweetie and here's to no more puking!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15934

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review