All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Teenage girls... new
      #190364 - 06/29/05 06:59 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

That is exactly what I don't want to deal with! Haha. SOO much drama, and I had such a hard time growing up dealing with being so tall! So I know my girls would have the same problem...and it's sad! I wouldn't mind if I had all boys...I want 3 or 4 I think!

In some ways I do want a girl though, because of the relationship I have with my mom now that I am grown up. SHe is my best friend! And I know I am hers...so in that sense, once you get past that awful 'girl' stage, it would be so worth it to have a girl.

My neighbor has an 11 year old girl, and holy cow, I can hardly stand to listen to her talk...so much gossip and stuff...she talks like she's 18 years old and it's almost disturbing! I know I went through that stage too, I just don't know how I'd deal with it!

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Cara new
      #190411 - 06/29/05 09:06 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

When we adopted my little girl we had said all along that we wanted a boy...it was on our applications...birthmom letters, the whole nine yards. When she was born and the social worker told me that the baby was a girl and birthmom still wanted us to adopt her, God let me know that this was my baby.

My daughter is a gift from heaven (as is my son that we adopted a few years later)...I could not have asked for a better baby and a child more suited for me than my daughter.

Thank God...that God knocked some sense in to me!

My son is precious...a real booger...the only kid I know that can make friends with a spider when in time out!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Teenage girls... yep....scary new
      #190465 - 06/30/05 06:59 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I hope Quinlan won't be too bad. I was a pretty straight arrow kid. I never got into trouble. Hopefully she won't go wild on me. I was a high school teacher, and even worse, a grade 7, 8 and 9 teacher, so I'm used to hormones and bizarre behaviour. I just hope I remember how to handle it when I get to it!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Teenage girls... yep....scary new
      #190492 - 06/30/05 07:52 AM
Cara4503

Yeah, hopefully she'll follow in your footsteps! I was a hard girl to raise....I always did great in school, but I hung out with a really bad crowd. My mom always calls me her 'good, bad girl'. I definately caused the most problems...Justin really straightened me out A LOT. I can't even mention some of the things I did as a teenager on here! Let's just say that God and church really set me on the right path, and I'm so grateful for that.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Teenage girls... new
      #190562 - 06/30/05 10:23 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

are also much more EXPENSIVE than teenage guys! All of my friends have girls, and I just giggle to myself when I hear them talk about the money they spend on new clothes, shoes, purses, haircuts, highlights, manicures, pedicures, etc.

For prom, their daughters spent a fortune on the dress, shoes, jewelry, makeup, handbag, manicure, pedicure, and they all had their hair done at an expensive salon!!! All we did was RENT our son a tux.

And then there's the cost of a wedding these days. I'm glad I only have to pay for the rehearsal dinner! Who has big bucks for a wedding after college tuition?

Boys are so easy. Give 'em a couple pairs of jeans, a few t-shirts and ONE pair of shoes----and they're happy as can be!

#190575 - 06/30/05 10:42 AM
Cara4503

Very true!! I already thought about the wedding thing...my sister-in-law has 4 girls and I just cringe thinking about their weddings - my poor sister-in-law!

--------------------
~Cara~

#190746 - 06/30/05 06:04 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

You are so right about boys. My boys are only 10 and 7 and sneakers are pretty much the most expensive thing they ask for (with the exception of a $150 baseball bat that my oldest had to have-it's justified though. He's a darn good player plus he got a president's award for outstanding academic achievement for 4th grade) Anyway, school shopping is the best with boys. We can go to Old Navy and clothe them for really cheap!!!!

Now being partial to boys cause we have them, I do have to admit that I don't think it's fair that the girl's parents have to pay MOST of the wedding. Nowadays, these kids want the most extravagant weddings where it's sometimes $75/plate. Times that by 150 people (which is conservative)and that's BIG BUCKS! My dad did pay for our wedding, however, he gave us a limit on the total of people. I paid for my own wedding gown & the limo. My father-in-law actually paid for the rehearsal dinner and the flowers. I think when our boys get married, we will definitly be more generous and offer to pay for some things to make it fair.

I look at my aunt who has 3 girls. 1 is done college and the other two are in it now. Then she has 3 weddings to pay for?????? THey will be in debt FOREVER!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

I'm going to have 3 of them at once. AHHHH! new
      #190758 - 06/30/05 07:28 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

When Kahlea turns 16 I'm going to have twin 13 year old girls! NOT looking forward to THAT! Especially if they are like I was as a teen. I was an absolute horror! I STILL apologise to my mum for how awful I was back then. Scary, scary thought. Wow, 3!

--------------------
Amy

Weddings... new
      #190803 - 07/01/05 06:11 AM
Cara4503

Well, these days a lot of people have to pay for their own weddings anyways. I was really lucky and my parents did pay. They set a budget, but it was a very nice budget. Our meals were $89/plate! We had 130 guests. We did pay for our limo, attendants gifts, and flowers...we were just very lucky that my parents helped out like that.
It's just tradition that the girl's parents pay, but of course tradition seems to have gone down the toilet with everyone these days! I am still old-fashioned in a lot of ways I guess, even though I'm young!

--------------------
~Cara~

LOL! new
      #190804 - 07/01/05 06:13 AM
Cara4503

Oh my gosh I feel sorry for you! My sister-in-law will have the same thing. Maybe you'll get lucky, just put your down!

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16081

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review