All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Savannah School
      #18938 - 08/28/03 07:17 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Does anyone know anything about the Savannah College of Art and Design? (Savannah, Georgia). My son has been looking into it for next year. He wants to major in graphic design/photography. We plan to make a visit soon. Let me if you've heard anything about it, or if you know anyone who's graduated from there.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Savannah School new
      #19014 - 08/29/03 12:20 PM
airplane girl

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Indiana

I am not an art major or from Savannah, but I have been to the wonderful town many times and have artsy friends and heard nothing but glowing reviews about the school which they call SCAD..

#19019 - 08/29/03 12:29 PM
BL

Thanks for the reply. That's what we are hearing too. We hope to meet someone who has actually been through one of their programs.
Our son is begging us to go there, but it's terribly expensive. He has already qualified for one of their scholarships because of his SAT scores, and hopefully, he can get more after his portfolio presentation. He just came in here and asked, "When are we going to visit SCAD?"
Like you said, the city is beautiful, and from the pictures we've seen of the school's campus, it looks so neat! I know if we go visit, we will all be in awe of it! I have go to go back to work, since we will have 2 in college for at least 3 years (our other son is a year younger.)

#19026 - 08/29/03 12:51 PM
airplane girl

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Indiana

I graduated from Purdue's Aviation program in 2000 and my parents were in the same boat, although we were in state and the expense was a little less then SCAD it was still a financial burden on them, but they wanted me to be happy with my career and I am so grateful to them for the sacrifices they made to send me and I am lucky to repay them with free flights I know that your son will be just as grateful plus I know that there are scholarships for just about anything right now, so best wishes!

Thanks! -----nt----- new
      #19029 - 08/29/03 01:40 PM
BL

#19039 - 08/29/03 03:44 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

If you post your address, I can have my niece (who graduated from that school) write you back and answer any questions you may have. karin

Karin new
      #19095 - 08/30/03 07:30 AM
BL

Karin,
Thank you. You are very sweet to offer. However, I don't feel comfortable posting my email address since it includes my name. I wouldn't mind if you had it; I just don't like the idea of every creep on the worldwide net having it. My son says I'm paranoid. I guess I am!

Re: Karin new
      #19298 - 09/01/03 04:33 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I feel exactly the same way, not a problem. If you're still interested, you can contact me via Ebay, my seller name is myroadshow. Go to one of my auctions and you can "ask seller a question" and it will get to me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1738 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1963

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review