All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
CARA!!!
      #188130 - 06/22/05 07:05 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hello darling
Did you get suppositories or did the poos come out by themselves and how was last night at 8pm???? Was thinking about you XXXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: CARA!!! new
      #188158 - 06/22/05 07:45 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm thinking about you too!! Call me if you want to chat! I hope you didn't start puking after we talked last night! Lots of love and hugs!~

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Hi girls.... new
      #188167 - 06/22/05 07:55 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Thanks for thinking of me!! I didn't puke last night!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did sit at the toilet and dry heave for awhile, but no puke. I took Zofran at 2:00 and 8:00 yesterday, so I'm going to try that again today. Cross your fingers...I seem to have really bad nights every other day.

I'm still C....Dalia I tired glycerin suppositories last night thanks to Michele forcing me (LOL), and they were disgusting!!!!! Haha. How uncomfortable...but anyways, they didn't do much. My stomach isn't cramping as badly this morning, so maybe it helped a little. I'm going to keep doing them everyday.

Thanks again for thinking of me!!

I'm finally really starting to look pregnant - even had strangers ask how far along I was at the store yesterday! Maybe that's a bad thing since I'm only 14.5 weeks But it makes it seem more real. I want this baby NOW!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Hi girls.... new
      #188169 - 06/22/05 08:03 AM
daliatree

YAYYYYYY!! I am so happy last night wasn't a bad night! I know suppositories are disgusting, but they are really good in the way that you don't have to ingest a laxative so they mess up the body's biochemistry (which is all weird in pregnancy and sensitive) less. Did you hold it in with the urge long enough??? You have to really hold it in to make sure it melts allll over the impacted poo!
Its so exciting that you are starting to show.....post a picture please! Let us see the bump that is creating all this distress for you! :-)

--------------------

Re: GOOD GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #188171 - 06/22/05 08:06 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Oh Honey! I'm so happy for you! Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. This MS has got to stop soon! Whatever you did keep it up!
I love the looking pregnant part. I didn't really show till I was about 5 months pregnant. I hid it from my students THAT LONG. It was so funny. One night we had a band concert and I wore a dress and a jacket and I was SURE they could tell... so I told them the next day. Tee hee. Ahh the memories. Pregnancy is such a wonderful time in your life. You deserve to enjoy it. We need to get this MS time behind you! Trust me! The second trimester is totally divine! You're not big enough to feel awkward, the MS is gone, you're showing enough to look cute, and it's just so wonderful! I miss pregnancy sometimes. It's so special.
I'm sending you more barf free hugs, hon!
Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I want to see a picture!!!! -nt- new
      #188172 - 06/22/05 08:08 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Re: Me too! PG bellies are beautiful! -nt- new
      #188187 - 06/22/05 08:31 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

--------------------

Re: Me too! PG bellies are beautiful! -nt- new
      #188213 - 06/22/05 08:55 AM
Cara4503

I agree - PG bellies are so beautiful! It's fun to watch my tummy grow. I will try and get hubby to take a picture soon and post it. I think I can feel which side the baby is on now, because when I push around down there it's always really hard on one side and squishy on the other He/she moves around a TON if that's what I'm feeling!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: I'm SO excited for you!!!! new
      #188290 - 06/22/05 10:45 AM
michele

Ok, maybe a little jealous too!! I only say that to you because you know I love you!! I can't wait to see the belly pictures!!! I bet you are positively glowing! That is, when you are not barfing!! HEHE

Try and hold the suppository in for at least 5 minutes. I KNOW its hard and it burns a little but get up and walk around to take your mid off it! The longer you can hold it in, the more you will poo!!

--------------------

Crap. new
      #188427 - 06/22/05 05:57 PM
Cara4503

Well it's 8:00 now and I've already thrown up 5 times tonight. A LOT of puke this time, not dry heaves. My tummy hurts right now, I'm sure it's not over yet, but for the time being I'm ok. I seriously am having a hard time dealing with this....EVERY FREAKING NIGHT!
I have a lot more respect for pregnant woman and woman who have given birth. And I'm only 14.5 weeks along.

Somebody shoot me.

--------------------
~Cara~

#188458 - 06/22/05 07:00 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I haven't been posting much but I just wanted to say I've been following your posts and I hope you feel better soon!!

I'm assuming you've tried ginger already....it sounds just horrible what you're going through and I commend you for being so strong about it.

Get some pics of that belly!!

Re: Crap. new
      #188459 - 06/22/05 07:01 PM
daliatree

Oh Cara, I am sooo sorry :-(
I was thinking, could this have any link to the whole gallbladder thing you went through just before you got pregnant? Did you ever ask a Dr if that would make your belly more sensitive to MS?
Just a thought.
Sending prayers for this to end your way XXXX

--------------------

A Link For You.... new
      #188463 - 06/22/05 07:08 PM
Kimm

I'm sure you've already researched it all but just in case I thought I'd post this link for you.

Severe Morning Sickness

Another Link

Bit of research new
      #188472 - 06/22/05 07:45 PM
daliatree

Cara sweetie
I just did some googling of gallbladder and how it impacts MS if it is removed and even if it is there and under strain (it was YOU wasn't it that had your gallbladder removed...I'm not getting mixed up am I??? - if I am, sorry) - anyway, there is every chance that the whole gallbladder issues - its recent removal - is aggravating your MS. Are you keeping to a low/zero fat diet?

--------------------

Thanks Kimm new
      #188528 - 06/23/05 06:08 AM
Cara4503

I really appreciate it!
Yes I have tried ginger, and I take B6, drink a lot, eat smaller meals more often, etc...

I'm just starting to get really frustrated with this. We have all these plans coming up that I'm going to have to cancel, and we spent a lot of money on them already!

Last night I just ended up crying again and trying to fall asleep...it's almost getting worse. I see the doctor on Monday if I can make it that long.

Thanks for your help!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Bit of research new
      #188530 - 06/23/05 06:14 AM
Cara4503

Yes it's me with the gallbladder. You're really sweet for researching for me! I have looked into it a little, and my old doctor did know about it of course. You know my pancreas is infected because of how bad my gallbladder was...so I have to have my lipace level (some fluid in your pancreas) checked every 3 weeks because if it gets any higher I'm at a huge risk for pancreatitis. So my old doctor said it could be my pancreas causing me problems too....but we can't check that out until after the baby comes.

For some reason I feel like this is just MS, but I'm defiantely going to tell my new doctor about the gallbladder issue and see what he thinks. In the meantime I think I'll research it more myself - thanks for the idea! I guess I'm scared to read something bad that I won't be able to do anything about

I'm definately not eating a low fat diet right now....but I will change that starting today if you think it'll help. I mean I'm not eating a TON of fat, but definately more than before I was pregnant, because I havent been having D at all anymore.

Anyways, thanks Dalia. I'm starting to get really down about this and I didn't want that to happen! Last night was just a really bad one again, and Justin had to be at work at 4:00 this morning so I was all worried about him being up late with me. Ahhh...just want it to end.

--------------------
~Cara~

{{{hugs}}} Cara new
      #188531 - 06/23/05 06:15 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

God, how awful! Poor you.

I can't remember if you said if sticking to liquids made any difference. Anything to get you through to your doc's appointment, eh?

I hope you're getting ALOT of tlc from the father right now.

Maybe that'll help? new
      #188533 - 06/23/05 06:18 AM
Linz

Worth a try, isn't it? I've heard before that fats can be troublesome after a gallbladder removal.

Btw, this does NOT sound like regular MS to me.

Thanks Linz.... new
      #188534 - 06/23/05 06:22 AM
Cara4503

I wish I was getting a lot of tlc from the hubby right now! He works construction and he's working 70 hours a week at least right now (we have a HUGE 5 year highway construction project going on right now - he's doing a bridge over the Illinois River!)..in 95 degree weather and jeans and a hard hat....so when he comes home he looks more miserable than me! I don't want to burden him with my puking when he feels like that....

Liquids didn't work Well...water is ok, but the other day I drank gatorade around 7 and then threw up blue liquid all night.

--------------------
~Cara~

Aw honey! new
      #188535 - 06/23/05 06:28 AM
Linz

Never rains, but it pours, huh? Poor BOTH of you. I'm not so good in this heat we're having either .

Have you called your docs to see if you can get in any sooner? I know you're new to them, but if they know just how ill and miserable you are, maybe you could get an emergency appointment? It's early Thursday am for you guys, isn't it? I'd call them as SOON as they open. Maybe the nurse would have some advice to give over the phone if you couldn't get an earlier appointment? I know MS is supposed to be pretty miserable, but you sound really ill!

PS. I don't know about you, but fat makes me C, so maybe you should lay off it b/c of the C as well as the gallbladder?

Re: Bit of research new
      #188541 - 06/23/05 06:48 AM
daliatree

My pleasure Cara..I hate to think of you suffering like that. Fat stays in the stomach a lot longer then other foods. I know that the body needs fat - but if you just get a tiny bit its enough...eating higher fat can also make you more C if it is making you spasm, and very nauseous (aside from MS) - if you add that onto having had your gallbladder removed then BOOM - awful symptoms. TRY a very low fat diet for a few days and see what happens. If you need more fibre being preggers (because your system obviously slows down a hell of a lot when pregnant) eat more IF - just a bit - don't go for the whole branny stuff (ouch!) - but maybe brown rice instead of white, a raw apple etc. Maybe this will help you. I really hope so. Trying won't hurt. I think it will help because anyway, without a gallbladder a perso is meant to assume a low or zero fat diet and when someone has MS fatty foods exacerbate it because they are in the stomach longer. PLUS if your pancreas is meant to be taking over the job of the gallbladder and it is infected, it can't assume its added role without LOTS of stress on teh body - let it rest - so take away its responsibility to digest fat for now! Wish you luck!

--------------------

You make so much sense! new
      #188571 - 06/23/05 09:12 AM
Cara4503

I am dumb for not cutting more fat our earlier...

I am definately doing it starting NOW!

On a very good note...I just talked to my new nurse for 30 minutes!!! Can you believe a nurse stayed on the phone with me for that long?! She actually was concerned about me. It really made me feel good, and made me realize how awful that other OB was.

She said that the fact that the Zofran isn't working at all is very disturbing, and she's worried about my pancreas. She took down tons of info from me and said we all need to sit down and talk about what to do with me. She had me fax all my blood work regarding my pancreas over, and is going to talk to the doctor today and try a different medicine for the time being....
Another thing she said, however, is that since I'm only throwing up NIGHT, she is confused because she feels that if it was my pancreas I'd be puking all day. So that makes her lean towards severe MS....on the other hand most woman start to get better now, and I am getting worse. And the Zofran isn't working......

SOOOO....I'm basically a big mess But I feel much better that she was concerned and wants to help me. I have a feeling I'll be seeing a high-risk doctor soon since it was mentioned twice. That would be fine with me, I'll take any kind of help whatsoever! I just want a healthy baby, and a happy me!

Thanks everybody for caring and helping me out. You have helped more than you can even imagine, seriously. I don't talk to anyone about this besides the hubby, and he of course is clueless since this is our first. So you guys have really been my life support through these few weeks! I REALLY appreciate it. THANK YOU! <<<BIG HUGS>>>

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: You make so much sense! new
      #188580 - 06/23/05 09:30 AM
daliatree

I am DELIGHTED that this new nurse is taking you seriously. This has to END!! Maybe this is a long shot...but could it be that your pancreas gets to rest during the night because its a whole block of hours when you are not eating...so then it is more refreshed in the morning and daytime and can take food etc but by the evening its like 'ok darling, enough, I have no more strength...out you go' and boom, you can't stop being sick. maybe its that it runs out of digestive help? I think taking out fat might really help you (I really hope so) and also working with the Dr's. Good luck darling and send us a picture!

--------------------

Re: You make so much sense! new
      #188589 - 06/23/05 09:58 AM
Kimm

That is awesome news!!! I feel just terrible for you....I can't even imagine going through what you're going through. Take care of yourself and be sure to keep everyone updated on how you're doing. *HUGS*

Awesome theories, Dalia! new
      #188616 - 06/23/05 11:12 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Just wanted to let you know that everything you said made perfect sense and what great theories those are.

Hopefully your new doctors and nurses can help you control the MS better, Cara!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Awesome theories, Dalia! new
      #188630 - 06/23/05 11:40 AM
daliatree

Awwww thanks - I'm shy now :-)

--------------------

#188635 - 06/23/05 12:15 PM
Cara4503

THANKS everyone! Kimm, I know you are terrified of throwing up too - so yeah it's hard to deal with!

I just got more good news (kinda)! This nurse is awesome. She called me again about 45 minutes ago and put me in the emergency slot for tommorrow morning at 11:30...so I will actually meet the doctor tommorrow, and the midwife on Monday.
I thanked her so much for listening to me, because I really feel this is the first doctor here to actually try and understand what's happening.
She said I was so surprisingly calm about everything, and that I have a lot to be worrying about right now. She couldn't believe that no one had sat down with me yet to really discuss my surgery and related issues, and that is really is a huge deal right now!

I think the reason I'm so calm about this is because it's just ONE MORE THING. I've had so much crap happen to me lately with health issues that this is just another thing...it's almost embarrassing for me to tell doctors what's going on because I just feel like I'm falling apart here!

So anyways....
Dalia, I think that makes sense about my pancreas...I mean everyone is telling me, 'You have to eat when you're nausous, keep something in your tummy, etc'...but I KNOW that won't work for me at night, my tummy wants NOTHING in it....so maybe it is actually my pancreas saying it's had too much during the day!

I will keep ya'll updated and as soon as I can, post a pic! My hubby is so exhausted when he gets home, and he's busy putting a fence up in our backyard...and I'm busy puking...so I haven't gotten around to asking him to take pics of my belly quite yet Maybe I could do it myself somehow....

Anyways, thanks to everyone for your help. Dalia you rock.

--------------------
~Cara~

#188647 - 06/23/05 12:56 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Cara-
Just wanted you to know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I just read through this post. Hang in there and I hope everything works out for the best!!!

Re: Ohh, good. new
      #188661 - 06/23/05 01:29 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Finally someone is taking you seriously. It's about time. I was getting really worried about you. Hopefully it's a good sign about it maybe not being the pancreas causing the problems. Did she prescribe the new med today or do you have to wait for a Dr?
Let's hope this gets resolved soon. We're here for you!
Lots of hugs,
Alicia.

--------------------

#188678 - 06/23/05 01:45 PM
Cara4503

She didn't prescribe anything new - she said we'll wait and talk to the doctor tommorrow. I'm really glad I have this appt tommorrow. Thanks so much for your concern Alicia!!! <<HUGS>>

--------------------
~Cara~

Thanks Angela! I really appreciate it! :) -nt- new
      #188679 - 06/23/05 01:45 PM
Cara4503

--------------------
~Cara~

Brilliant! new
      #188690 - 06/23/05 01:57 PM
Linz

Thank God someone is finally looking after you. I was crossing my fingers that your new nurse would be good...a good nurse is a fantastic asset in any doctors office. Here's hoping they get you feeling better SOON!

And was that an early appt?

#188719 - 06/23/05 02:44 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Anytime, honey. I just wish I could help.

--------------------

#188798 - 06/23/05 08:00 PM
Kimm

Definitely let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well.

CARA!!!! new
      #188838 - 06/24/05 05:53 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I've been out of town (and thus off the boards) since Tuesday, but I was delighted to see that this new doctor's office has worked you in to be seen. It's about time someone checked into why you have been so sick lately!

Let us know how the doctor's appt. goes. That's today, right? (or do I have my days mixed up?)

HI BL! :) new
      #188855 - 06/24/05 07:15 AM
Cara4503

Yes the appt is today - in a couple hours. I'm VERY glad I switched doctors, so glad I could barely sleep last night because I was excited that someone actually seems to think this is important!

Are all the projects in your house done now??

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: HI BL! :) new
      #188882 - 06/24/05 09:02 AM
BL

Cara, Of course, this is important! This baby you're carrying needs to have enough nutrients to grow and thrive. And it can't if you keep throwing up! Any doctor that wouldn't be concerned about this is a fool!

I know sometimes it's easy to get intimidated by doctors, but they're just people too. And don't ever forget who's working for who. YOU are paying the bill! It's YOU he needs to cater to---not the other way around.

I'm so glad that you dumped that other doctor--who definitely had an ego complex and did not have you (and your baby's) best interest at heart. You don't need a doctor like that!

This throwing up at night is not the norm. Hopefully, it's nothing serious, but when a baby is involved, you don't want to take any chances. You need to be reassured that everything is ok.

It's about time someone examined you, listened to you explain what's going on, and got to the bottom of this!

I'm anxious to hear what he has to say about all of this. Please let us know soon.

Could SOMETHING go right for a change?? new
      #188925 - 06/24/05 12:20 PM
Cara4503

The nurse called me this morning as I was headed out the door and said that the doctor was called to a delivery and won't be in the rest of the day. So I have to wait until Monday.
I was so disappointed I started crying right away. I literally could not sleep because I was so excited about getting in to see a doctor. I was really hoping for a new medicine or SOMETHING to help.
I honestly cannot handle this anymore. The thought of puking again tonight and for who knows how long is just too much anymore!

I asked if there was anything else she could prescribe for the weekend and she said that Zofran is all they can give me, and that it is the top of the line drug. She said that my conditions right now are a mystery and she's really interested in what the doctor will say and what we'll do.
That makes me feel REAL good, let me tell ya. (Sarcasm of course)

Then I go to pick up more Zofran -the pharmacy isn't at all close to my house, and she hadn't called them in yet (this was at noon so it'd be at least another hour)...so I just came home. It's just not my day. And I'm sure it won't be my night either.

Sorry I'm depressing today, just not in a good mood anymore.

--------------------
~Cara~

Oh honey! new
      #188928 - 06/24/05 12:29 PM
Linz

Cr*p! Darn it.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

PANTS!

Re: Could SOMETHING go right for a change?? new
      #188930 - 06/24/05 12:36 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Oh, Hon. Stupid Doctors! I can't believe it. Top of the line med my a$$. It isn't working! Another 3 days to wait - it seems like FOREVER! Not fair at all. Will your husband be home this weekend or is he working?
Are you working at all ATM?
I would say if it gets really severe, have your husband take you to emergency. At least then your Doc will get a report.
I feel awful for you. I'm so sorry. I wish I could help somehow. Sending you big hugs.

--------------------

Re: Bug Hugs Honey! new
      #188935 - 06/24/05 12:55 PM
michele

That sucks! Just keep telling yourself though that this dr is finally going to actually help you. I know its hard waiting, especially when you thought you were getting it taken care of today. I wish I lived closer, I'd come hold your hair while you puked and rub your back for you!!

Hang in there sweetie, I know its so hard right now but once you hold your baby for the first time, you'll forget all about this puking! Lots of love and hugs! Call me if you want to chat or just gripe!

--------------------

Re: Opps BIG hugs not BUG hugs!!-nt new
      #188937 - 06/24/05 12:56 PM
michele

--------------------

#188938 - 06/24/05 12:58 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

awww Cara I'm so sorry!!!

Hopefully on monday they'll fix you up real good, and I'll cross my fingers for no morning sickness this weekend.

did you make it back to the drugstore?

--------------------

Bless your heart! new
      #188945 - 06/24/05 02:11 PM
BL

Ahhhh, Cara. My heart goes out to you. I know how disappointed you are. I couldn't wait for you to see thedoctor too! You were so close to seeing him and getting some help.

Dang it! Why does it have to be Friday? If it were any week day except Friday you could see the doctor tomorrow! I know waiting for Monday to come will seem like an eternity to you.

I agree with the others. If the vomiting gets really bad this weekend and you don't feel like you can wait until Monday, I'd just go to the emergency room and have them page him! You don't want to jeapordize the baby's health!

And you've got to keep something down. Are you not even keeping liquids down? I'm worried about you getting dehydrated.

Hopefully, you won't throw up tonight. I will pray for you.

Big hugs ((((())))))

#188955 - 06/24/05 02:43 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am soooo sorry for all you are going through Cara *hugs*

I hope the doc is better for you next time...and that you feel ok tonight.

Sending you lots of love...and a quick e-mail! *hugs* Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#188965 - 06/24/05 04:25 PM
daliatree

Oh NOOOO I am soooo sorry. Oh hell! I agree with the advice to go to the ER if you can't take it anymore. I am so sorry Cara. Stick to zero fat and see if it helps for now :-(. Praying for you!

--------------------

Thanks everyone.... new
      #189057 - 06/25/05 05:43 AM
Cara4503

I'm hanging in there. I didn't throw up last night, but was very nausous. I am eating very little fat now, so I'm really hoping that's going to help me. I'm going back to the IBS diet, but I'm going to keep dairy products in my diet for now because this baby needs a lot of calcium right now.

BL - I am keeping food and liquids down all throughout the day...but I'm not keeping anything down after about 5:30 at night. Not even gatorade. I really am starting to believe that this is my pancreas, not MS....but I guess who knows.

2 more nights and then I can see the doctor. I've kind of lost a little hope anyways because on the phone the nurse said there's nothing else they can give me. So I've been researching as much as I can about pancreatitis and gallbladder removal and all. Seems like you can always help yourself better than the doctors can help you these days.

What's the difference between God and doctors?

God doesn't think he's a doctor. :P

Thank you all for helping me!!! I really pray this will be over soon. It is not fun.

<<BIG Hugs>>

--------------------
~Cara~

Alicia... new
      #189059 - 06/25/05 05:53 AM
Cara4503

You're so sweet!

My hubby will be working all weekend of course....he has been going in at 4:00. They try and do their concrete pours that early in the morning because it's getting up to 96 degrees here lately by mid-morning. So he's exhausted

I am working - part time though. And they know how sick I've been so they are really helping me out on hours. My boss is pregnant and due 4 days after me, so she has a lot of sympathy.

I can't go to the ER anymore, it's too expensive. Plus, both times I went before I had my gallbladder out the doctors said it was definately NOT my gallbladder and probably just reflux. Those ER doctors are MORONS. It was my gallbladder, and it was so full of stones that I was passing more than one a day. Anyways, everytime we go it ends up costing us around $500 for nothing, and we really don't have the money right now. I can't keep track of anymore payment plans!

Thanks so much for being so caring! I will always remember how nice you've been to me this whole time!

--------------------
~Cara~

Bug hugs :) I don't like bugs Michele!!! :) -nt- new
      #189060 - 06/25/05 05:54 AM
Cara4503

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Thanks everyone.... new
      #189065 - 06/25/05 06:50 AM
BL

Cara, good for you for doing all the research you can before you see the doctor.

And I love the God/doctor quote. Too funny!

Glad you didn't throw up last night. Hang in there!

OH MY, Cara new
      #189077 - 06/25/05 08:51 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Cara,

I just read your post and I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time. I certainly can relate to the morning sickness.... even though it was a very long time ago I remember existing on crackers and water for a few weeks. Don't know if this would help but can you take Pepto Bismol?

I really do think cutting out the fat will help a lot.

I know you are going to be a terrific mommy......just hang in there a couple more days till you can see the doc....and I hope it's nothing more than morning sickness and in that case you should be feeling better very soon.

Good luck and hugs
Barbie

--------------------

Hi Cara new
      #189089 - 06/25/05 10:22 AM
daliatree

I am so glad you made it through yesterday without throwing up. Its terrible to be nauseous though - I can relate to that thanks to IBS - nausea is like my major symptom. YUCK. Keep to as low a fat diet as you can and if you are having dairy products make them fat free. Its not going to hurt you. I really am thinking about you a lot and you can always email me if you want support - dalia_yael@hotmail.com

--------------------

Re: Alicia... new
      #189130 - 06/25/05 02:52 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Oh, yeah. I forgot that you guys have to pay for your emergency visits. We don't have to. Sorry about that. Let's hope you get through the rest of the weekend OK and the Doc can give you an alternate med. There has to be SOMETHING! I refuse to believe that there is only ONE med that they can give you!
Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------

Oh my, you poor thing! new
      #189177 - 06/26/05 06:25 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Cara,
You poor girl! My heart just goes out to you. Everybody has been there with something that just seems endless, but eventually, it really does end. Your agony really is going to end.

I just hate to think of you with such severe MS. I'm very curious about what your doctor will have to say. It looks like you've got some great advice on the boards!

I saw on another post where StephS suggested phenergran. When my daughter was pregnant, she was on it and it helped her tremendously. She was also having migraines while she was pg and phenergran was the only thing they could give her, but it worked. It also made her very sleepy and she was able to get some rest. It comes in pills or suppositories. She tried the suppositories one time, but she hated them and did the pills after that.

I'm hoping and praying that you will soon get the help you need. Hang in there as best you can and keep going. Relief is in sight and you're on the right track with a new doctor.
Terri

Re: CARA!!! (gosh, I hope you start to feel better soon!) new
      #189183 - 06/26/05 06:41 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Cara,
what you are going through sounds so horrible and so emotionally/physically draining. I hope you get some answers from your doctor tomorrow, and some clarity on how to remedy these horrible symptoms. I admire you for maintaining such a positive attitude and staying strong. Feeling crummy like that every day would make it extremely difficult to feel good about anything!

I hope you are doing okay, and best of luck tomorrow with thte doctor!

tAke care of yourself!
Kristen

Kristen new
      #189187 - 06/26/05 06:55 AM
Cara4503

Thank you! That was a very sweet post I don't think I've ever talked to you on the boards before - so HI!

Anyways I really appreciate it, and I really hope I get some help tommorrow too.

ONE more night...

--------------------
~Cara~

Hi, Terri new
      #189190 - 06/26/05 07:42 AM
BL

We haven't heard from you much lately. How are you? And your family?

Cara, read enough to know... new
      #189229 - 06/26/05 10:15 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

you are struggling with vomitting and Constipation and not being able to get into the docs. The thread is too long to read through entirely (I'm lazy today!)

Just wanted to say I hope you have your air on! And that things get easier for you soon. You'll have stories to tell this little one when he/she is a teenager and causing you grief...about how much you went through just to bring them into this world. Boy, I hated it whan my mom did/does that! She still does!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Cara!! new
      #189304 - 06/26/05 06:33 PM
Kristin940

Hi Cara-
Thanks for your reply, but stop spending time posting to us and "thanking everyone" and take care of you!!! I hope today was a better day for you, and I really hope you get some answers tomorrow!!!!!!!

Take care,
Kristen

lol :) new
      #189386 - 06/27/05 05:48 AM
Cara4503

My hubby always gets mad at me for thanking people over and over again...and he gets really mad when I say "I'm sorry" for everything!

I hope this appointment goes well....if it gets cancelled I'll die!!!!!

--------------------
~Cara~

I'm late on this topic, but praying for ya today - hang in there!! nt new
      #189388 - 06/27/05 06:07 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: lol :) new
      #189406 - 06/27/05 06:48 AM
Kristin940

HA! I was just teasing. I am completely that way, too!

good luck today and please let us know how it goes!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 555 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19962

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review