All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
CONSUMED by Condo/House Shopping
      #187733 - 06/21/05 08:21 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Who would have thought that such and exciting time in ones life (Buying their 1st place) would be so freaken stressful, time consuming, be all that you dream about (once you finally fall asleep)....etc etc etc

WOW!! We came very close to buying a place on Sat....but the parking broke the deal. So, we have looked at about 6 other places since then.

We don't want to leave our neighborhood but......we can't afford to BUY on the water...... that is what really sucks.... we pay rent now for a 1 bed on Alki for $850 per month... to BUY in our neighborhood, a 1 bed 1 bath starts about $230,000.00 (Example, the one that we did NOT buy, was a 2 bed 2 bath, not on Alki for $164,000.00 and monthly payments on those would run about $1,400.00).... could you imagine what it would be for $230,000.00 and THAT would be for a place smaller then what we are in now.

Anyway, just wanted to give you guys a heads up as to why I have not been around much....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: CONSUMED by Condo/House Shopping new
      #187742 - 06/21/05 08:35 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Good luck! I know how tough it is to buy your first new home. My brother-in-law just bought a home in Squamish, BC. and it was almost TWICE the price of our home, almost half the size, and 30 years old! But then we live in a small town in Southern Ontario, so there you go. We don't have a view of mountains or water. Still, love our home.
The right one will come along for you. Just be patient. What is meant to be will be.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#187754 - 06/21/05 08:55 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

We struggled almost 6 years ago to find a home in the neighborhood we wanted that we could afford! Its lucky we bought when we did because the property values for my town are going up like crazy! Our house was built in 1922 so its OLD but has character and charm! Good luck!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#187756 - 06/21/05 09:01 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Shell,

Good luck with the condo hunting. I know exactly what you mean about being consumed. Everytime we hear of an area that we may be moving to I starting looking at houses on line. Right now it looks like Md. for us and that is all I do is look at houses. It is exciting and frustrating at the same time.

Happy hunting!

--------------------
Janey

Aww! Big hugs! new
      #187768 - 06/21/05 09:11 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

You guys are going to need the much needed break this weekend! If you want, I can hit Shane everytime you mention the word "condo". LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#187799 - 06/21/05 10:10 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Good luck! I know how tough it is to buy your first new home. My brother-in-law just bought a home in Squamish, BC. and it was almost TWICE the price of our home, almost half the size, and 30 years old! That is just want is crazy....a block apart from each other, same size etc... two TOTALLY different prices... But then we live in a small town in Southern Ontario, so there you go. We don't have a view of mountains or water. Still, love our home.
The right one will come along for you. Just be patient. What is meant to be will be. Yes, we will not live somewhere we will not LOVE coming home to. We will just stay where we are until the right one comes...

--------------------

#187805 - 06/21/05 10:15 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

We struggled almost 6 years ago to find a home in the neighborhood we wanted that we could afford! Its lucky we bought when we did because the property values for my town are going up like crazy! That is what Shane is affraid of...if we are having a hard time finding something NOW in the area that we want....it will only be harder in a few more years.... my sister bought a condo 4 years ago for 84,000 and if she were to sell it today she could easily get 149,000.... that is 16,000 PER YEAR in her pocket....which if it were us, we would us for a down payment on a HOUSE!! hehehe Our house was built in 1922 so its OLD but has character and charm! Good luck!

--------------------

#187807 - 06/21/05 10:17 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell,

Good luck with the condo hunting. I know exactly what you mean about being consumed. Everytime we hear of an area that we may be moving to I starting looking at houses on line. Right now it looks like Md. for us and that is all I do is look at houses. It is exciting and frustrating at the same time. Yes...and the most frustrating part is... your looking at a listing.....everything looks PERFECT and you are ready to call the realtor for a viewing and THEN you realize it says, "STI = Subject to inspection"... really meaning SOLD!!

Happy hunting!

--------------------

#187808 - 06/21/05 10:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Good luck with that. It can be fun and stressful at the same time. I hope that you find something.

Re: Aww! Big hugs! new
      #187809 - 06/21/05 10:19 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You guys are going to need the much needed break this weekend! If you want, I can hit Shane everytime you mention the word "condo". LOL

LOL... just be sure it is the left arm.... PT Heather beat up his arms at the gym pretty good on Sat and then last night he threw out his right arm playing softball for his work team... he hurts sooooo bad

--------------------

#187810 - 06/21/05 10:20 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Good luck with that. It can be fun and stressful at the same time. I hope that you find something.

Thanks Angela.... we are really in no BIG hurry.... but now that it is on our minds... ya know how it goes...lol

--------------------

#187849 - 06/21/05 12:08 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

When my husband and I bought our house 2.5 years ago, it was a welcome end to months of living hell on an emotional roller coaster. We were getting married, still with our parents and pretty much HAD to find a place within a few months. I got too attached to a house with an awesome lot and great back porch...that was way too expensive for what it was. The guy was trying to scam us. I spent pretty much every day all day online looking at realty websites. But, in the end I LOVE the house we bought, it was WAY cheaper, and better for us, and everything worked out just as it should. Hopefully we don't have to move anytime soon. Good luck!!!

--------------------

#187856 - 06/21/05 12:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ahhh! House shopping is very stressful. Hope you find something nice (and affordable) soon. Just don't settle for something that's not right for you. Be patient and the right thing will come along. There are always new things coming on the market every day!

And a word of advice from someone older who's learned this the hard way----LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is everything! You can't move a perfect house to a better location, but you can improve a not-so-good house in a terrific location. You will be glad you took this into consideration when you get ready to resell.

Good luck!

#187879 - 06/21/05 12:50 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I have been sitting here at the computer all night looking. I see a lot of status: pending. It is really hard because they do look great but I am 1,000's of miles away and I can't see the houses or do anything about it but I can't make myself stop looking.

--------------------
Janey

#187890 - 06/21/05 01:29 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

And a word of advice from someone older who's learned this the hard way----LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is everything! You can't move a perfect house to a better location, but you can improve a not-so-good house in a terrific location.

I thought this was an awesome piece of advice, BL! Makes total sense.

--------------------
- Jennifer

I know what you mean Shell new
      #187902 - 06/21/05 01:40 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

We are in our house 2 years. We spent every weekend and three nights a week after work driving around every suburb of Dublin looking at places for about ten weeks. It drove us crazy, then when we finally got an offer accepted it took four months to close the sale as the vendors' new house fell through and they had to start looking again.

We viewed the house end of January and closed the sale 11th July!!! It was so frustrating living in our tiny tiny apartment with our tiny house waiting for us. We used to drive by all the time looking at it!

It cost us €292,000 then, and its worth about €350,000 now, so it was a great buy.

Its frustrating but it'll all pay off!

--------------------
S.

#187936 - 06/21/05 03:26 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Well Shell, I think your way of doing it is WAY better than ours. We flew into Texas for a long weekend, saw over 20 houses in one day, picked the top five, revisited those, and put in an offer. It was EXHAUSTING. Don't get me wrong, I love our house, but that is not the way to go shopping! Plus, when you don't know the city, the realtor totally determines what you see. We would probably have chosen different neighborhoods than we did, but we didn't know the city at all.

Good luck!!!

Sympathy hon! new
      #188119 - 06/22/05 06:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

We went through that a year ago...and we didn't have a hope in hell of buying anywhere really nice. Our house, a small 3 bed terraced, ex-council house, with no view, etc was $242,000! And that was a bargain.

Good luck!

#188207 - 06/22/05 08:51 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

When my husband and I bought our house 2.5 years ago, it was a welcome end to months of living hell on an emotional roller coaster. We were getting married, still with our parents and pretty much HAD to find a place within a few months. Oh my goodness....I'm just glad we don't HAVE to do it right away.... I got too attached to a house with an awesome lot and great back porch...that was way too expensive for what it was. The guy was trying to scam us. I spent pretty much every day all day online looking at realty websites. Yep, that's us!! lol But, in the end I LOVE the house we bought, it was WAY cheaper, and better for us, and everything worked out just as it should. oh good! Hopefully we don't have to move anytime soon. Good luck!!! Thanks!

--------------------

#188210 - 06/22/05 08:54 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ahhh! House shopping is very stressful. Hope you find something nice (and affordable) soon. Just don't settle for something that's not right for you. Be patient and the right thing will come along. There are always new things coming on the market every day! That is what I was thinking on the drive home last night... we have found 2 in the last week that would been PERFECT, one has sold but the parking did not work out for us....and the other we are still waiting on parking info (we need 2 spots)...so, if we found 2 in a week... we will find more..

And a word of advice from someone older who's learned this the hard way----LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is everything! You can't move a perfect house to a better location, but you can improve a not-so-good house in a terrific location. You will be glad you took this into consideration when you get ready to resell. You are SO right....

Good luck!

--------------------

#188251 - 06/22/05 09:24 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

beent here done that and doing it again... take your time and look around.. you may find an area that makes you feel comfortable and is better price wise too... good luck.. and keep an eye out for repos- they are as is but great prices!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#188286 - 06/22/05 10:42 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Shell,

Good luck!! I'm sorry that something that shoulda been all fun turned out to be stressful, I hate it when that happens!
Hopefully you'll be able to get everything sorted out soon and find a condo that you just fall in love with!
I can't wait to buy somewhere, I am really excited about decorating. I have even cut out pictures of stuff I like and am keeping it so when we finally do decorate, I am all ready!!

Sending happy house hunting thoughts your way!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Linz- house twins! new
      #188370 - 06/22/05 02:21 PM
cailin

Quote:

Our house, a small 3 bed terraced, ex-council house, with no view, etc was $242,000!

We live in the same house! Ours is end of terrace in a culdesac with a patch of grass out the front and a patio out the back..if I remember right you have a garden?

Our location is excellent though, just under three miles from the city centre, so you have to make sacrifices to get that. As for the view...I can see the house across the road from my house, the one with the Laurel and Hardy sculpture in the window

--------------------
S.

#188694 - 06/23/05 02:01 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Good luck with house hunting Shell. The cost of housing is way too high and hubby and I keep waiting for the bubble to burst.

Location plays a hugh role in how much your house will cost. Cost of living in my area is still reasonable. We bought our house three years ago for $108,000.00. Our home is 2100 square feet, the inside was gutted and redone. I have an awesome kitchen and both bathrooms have been remolded. We have a double deck off the back of our house and a three car gargage. I have added bushes and flowers every year, because the outside was never touched.

I hate to live in CA and have to deal with buying a starter house. I really feel for you two and hope you can find something afforable.

Putting In A Bid On A Condo Tonight new
      #190295 - 06/29/05 02:49 PM
Shell Marr

I'm so on edge right now... I already did not sleep last night and was up two time to vomit I'm home sick today and got an email from our Agent about a new listing. I just went to look at the place and gave Shane the go ahead to put in an offer...it has only been on the market 2 days...crossing fingers it will not turn into a bidding war...cuz if it does... we will lose

WISH US LUCK.... (and my tummy too)

--------------------

GOOD LUCK!!!!! new
      #190298 - 06/29/05 02:53 PM
Linz

Oh, I remember how stressful that is! I'm crossing everything that you'll get it!

Re: GOOD LUCK!!!!! new
      #190299 - 06/29/05 02:54 PM
Shell Marr

Thanks Linz!!

--------------------

Oh Shell!! new
      #190302 - 06/29/05 03:16 PM
Stephie

Hi Shell,

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you that all goes well with the condo.. Is this the one in the same area that you are in now?
I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well!! Do you think your tummy is reacting to all the stress of the condo looking/buying or do you think it is a bug or something? I really hope it goes away, try and have a nice relaxing day off!
You poor thing, let us know what happens with the condo!

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Oh, honey!! new
      #190304 - 06/29/05 03:30 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I know how hard it is. My best friend just bought a house and she bought it so fast there wasn't a sale sign on the front lawn. They put an offer in and WHEW! they took it! They were lucky, cause another offer came in above theirs, but it was conditional on the sale of a house, and their offer had no conditions. My brother and girlfriend are desperately trying to buy an apartment in Scotland and are having the toughest time! Everyhting is so expensive and their bids are always too low! Good luck! I hope you get it!!!!

--------------------

Re: Putting In A Bid On A Condo Tonight *DELETED* new
      #190326 - 06/29/05 04:53 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: Putting In A Bid On A Condo Tonight new
      #190329 - 06/29/05 05:02 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04

Oh good luck Shell! Sorry you are home sick today Hey my hubby stayed home sick today too hmmmmmmmmmm....

House shopping is so STRESSFUL. It can make your tummy bad, really bad! Try not to stress too much over it. If it was meant to be then it was meant to be. I"m sure you've only heard that a million times. Seriously though, I think house buying and getting married are the most stressfull things in life.

Lots of luck and prayers for ya!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

How exciting! new
      #190334 - 06/29/05 05:19 PM
BL

You must have known it was THE one! Sorry you're not feeling well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the condo. Good luck!

#190371 - 06/29/05 07:26 PM
Shell Marr

Thanks everyone... we are meeting our Agent at 8pm at the condo to sign papers... they will be delivered in the morning in person by our agent. There is already another offer coming in that we know of...but have NO CLUE what it is for... I'm not having good feelings about it....just too good to be true...but we still have to try.

--------------------

#190380 - 06/29/05 07:43 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Wow Shelby Jean- that was so nice of you. What a great thing for a mom to do. I hope he appreciates you!

I agree with Jenny new
      #190382 - 06/29/05 07:45 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Wish my mom was this generous. Want to adopt me???

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Oh I hope you get it Shell new
      #190405 - 06/29/05 08:35 PM
Augie

I put in a bid on a great condo some months ago....and I lost it. I know how rotten that feels. I hope this works out for you!

How long have you been looking before you found this one? Is a traditional condo? How many units in the building? What floor is it on? Or maybe you want to save the details for when you get it!

--------------------
~ Beth

good luck! new
      #190520 - 06/30/05 08:44 AM
khyricat

the right place will come to you...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#190550 - 06/30/05 10:02 AM
Kimm

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Good luck with your search!!

I just bought a condo a couple months ago (won't be built until next spring) and I know how stressful it can be but just remember once you get all settled in you'lll love it and it'll all be worth it!!

I HAD A MAJOR MELTDOWN new
      #190610 - 06/30/05 11:36 AM
Shell Marr

That one was just not ment to be.... I will now send you a copy of the email I sent to my agent this morning......

Quote:

In a message dated 06/30/2005 7:16:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Shell1970 writes:
Jim:

I'm so sorry you spent so much time on us yesterday and now we are back to where we were before. Just the longer I was in that place, the less unsure I became. I don't know that is where I REALLY want to be..... but I'm afraid if we don't buy something soon, we will not be able to afford to buy in West Seattle at all. (at least not that is not dump and in a scary neighborhood...if ya know what I mean) The price of 4th floor is really at the top of our budget. I fell in love with the view more then anything.... I let it get in the way of my judgment. I'm really confused right now. I would like to see the 2nd floor again, yes again...

I showed Shane this listing too MLS # ******** he was not big on the lack of yard and/or deck, so this one might out too, but I still would like to see it... there is a lot of bang for the buck here and it is only 2 years old.

Hey, would the ladies at YOUR listing that you showed us be willing to come down $65,000 Just kidding!!

Hope you have a great day and next time I see you, I will try not to leak... I have a really hard time turning them off once they are one.

Shell

--------------------

Poor Shell!! new
      #190614 - 06/30/05 11:42 AM
epa_ginger

Oh, I really feel for you....we came dangerously close to buying a house $50,000 OVER what we said we'd buy, because we loved the yard and deck (it was gorgeous). My husband, the sensible one, would have said no, but I cried and cried and wanted it and he made the offers for me. Luckily the guy selling it was a jerk, and refused to sell it to us. (I found out later he sold it for what we offered!). We ended up with a great house, smaller yard, it's PERFECT, and WAY cheaper!
You are right to put your emotions in check---it's SO hard to not get carried away sometimes, I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried when they were looking for a home! It takes a lot of money to buy a place these days, and a huge committment, so don't worry about thinking it through. Good luck!

--------------------

HUGS Shell!! new
      #190615 - 06/30/05 11:44 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

You will find a place that is right for you. And you will know it when you find it. If there was any doubt in your mind then it was a good thing you backed out.

Good Luck! Keep Hunting!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: I HAD A MAJOR MELTDOWN new
      #190620 - 06/30/05 12:31 PM
BL

Shell, don't worry about having a meltdown. Buying a house/condo is extremely stressful, and so that's understandable!

It sounds like this place was NOT the place for you and that you felt pressured to buy. I know that's easy to do, but that's the worst thing you can do. Don't buy unless you are absolutely sure it is THE place for you.

And it's not unreasonable to ask to see a property over and over again---and to spend hours there BEFORE you make an offer. It is a major purchase and one you will have to live with for years.
Most people spend more time checking out a car than a house. That doesn't make sense when you think about it.

We did the same thing when we moved here. We found a neighborhood we liked (in the school district we wanted for our boys), and there wasn't much for sale at the time. We put a contract on one house, and then after we did, both my husband and I had this funny feeling----that we had made a mistake. The couple did not accept our offer---and they counter-offered, and we told the realtor we thought we had made a mistake. She said we could walk away from it at that point, and so we did.

We ended up putting a contract on another house in the same neighborhood, and we are so glad that we did. That other house was just not for us, but we had felt pressured to make a decision at the time.

You WILL find something that is right for you, but until you do, don't make an offer. Or you may regret it later.
Be patient, and it will happen. And don't get too caught up in one aspect of the house (such as the view). The floorplan, the yard, location, etc. has got to be right too.
You will always have to compromise on something, but make sure you both agree it's something you can give up.

Good luck! And hope you feel better soon.

GOING BACK TO LOOK AT 2ND FLOOR new
      #190692 - 06/30/05 03:03 PM
Shell Marr

I'm gonna go look at the 2nd floor again...... I think we could really do a lot with this place with just a little paint and personal touches.... We can bring the beach TO US!!

We could paint the yellow master bedroom either white or the light tan color in the living room (there are paint cans there with all the info on them). Get a new bed spread and START a theme in there.... We always talked about a tropical theme like palm trees etc....

Then there is a glossy dark blue wall in the kitchen that I can't stand (but it is a small wall)... I would like to paint that one a plum color to match my wine & grape theme.

And I can still do the seashell theme in the main bathroom.... the walls could stay that soft pastel mint green... it would still go... with my purple and offwhite/cream towels.

It has lots of updates done to it... I can make or buy some curtains (or just the top potions) not sure what they are called.

Anyway... the creative juices are flowing...

Shane just left the office and I will be also in the next 30 mins. We hope to track down our Agent and make another run over there tonight.

--------------------

Yikes! new
      #190699 - 06/30/05 03:33 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I didn't read your updates yet, this thread is sooo long! haha... but, I saw how much you RENT for a ONE bedroom, NJ (ESPECIALLY the area I live in) is was expensive, even though they are not necessarily nice neighborhoods... but that is still more than here!

Well, unless you are in the really ritzy expenisve rich "come from money" towns.

Sucks taht you ahve to leave your 'hood, but I hope you find something charming in your budget!

--------------------
-Sheri

Copy of email Shane just sent to our Agent new
      #190777 - 06/30/05 08:54 PM
Shell Marr

Copy of email Shane just sent to our Agent....

Quote:

In a message dated 6/30/05 8:45:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, shane66@earthlink.net writes:
Good Evening

OK, here is what we wanna do

Lets go in at 187,000.00 with seller picking up our closing costs to 6k.
Contingnet on:
Financing
Insurance
Approval of title
Approval of HOA rules and regs
Inspection
Seller disclosure

I'd like to put a deadline of sometime over the weekend, but if they are outta town for the holiday or something I could live with end of business Tues. I am in Bellevue til 5 and Shell will be in Ballard until about the same.....

Lets make the earnest money 1,000.00, if I really had to, I would consider putting another 500.00 on a signed around, but I'd just as soon save that for now. If you need to fax something for my signature before 5, call my office at 425-***-**** and I'll find a free fax in the office.

Shane

Now, let's see if I sleep tonight... eeeeeekkkkk....I may soon be a home owner!!

--------------------

Aww, Shelley! new
      #190816 - 07/01/05 08:21 AM
Jennifer Rose

I got stuck in a dumb class to get my notary license yesterday and didn't get online to see this until this morning.

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!

Just think of how nice it will feel when this is all over and you have a nice place that you can call your own. I know you guys are saving money, but it might be worth it to spring the extra cash to go get a nice quick massage from your massage gal.

Mike and I are crossing our fingers for you guys!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Good luck, Shell! ---nt--- new
      #190855 - 07/01/05 10:49 AM
BL

Re: I HAD A MAJOR MELTDOWN new
      #190858 - 07/01/05 11:06 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

How are you doing today Shell *hugs* this is SUCH a hard thing! Hubby and I move EVERY year and we go through this all the time! We're simply trying to decide WHERE to live! Buying is so FINAL (for a while at least) and I hope you fall in love with a place that is affordable and in a neighborhood you are happy with!

You're in my thoughts and paryers *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Shell new
      #190877 - 07/01/05 12:00 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Shell, good luck witht the whole process. I know it can be very stressful. I went through the same thing three eyars ago when I bought my place. ALl the stress is well worth it in the end. All the best and let us know what happens!

--------------------

Update #1 new
      #190884 - 07/01/05 12:09 PM
Shell Marr

No new news to report YET... our Agent is drawing up the papers... but he is still trying to get a hold of the sellers agent....plus the holiday weekend... we may not know anything until Tues! Hope we don't have to wait that long... it would be nice to know if we should keep shoppin over the weekend or not.

--------------------

Update #2 - SO FAR SO GOOD! new
      #190893 - 07/01/05 01:10 PM
Shell Marr

Just hung up with our Agent... he is coming over to our place at 7pm to go over paperwork and get our autographs... and he is TRYING to get an appointment with the Sellers & Sellers Agent for SATURDAY to present our offer in person!! hehehe I'm so excited.... I'm bouncing in my chair!!

--------------------

Re: Update #2 - SO FAR SO GOOD! new
      #190898 - 07/01/05 01:18 PM
khyricat

good luck! *HUG* wish we had someone as excited as you about our place.. there is a house we feel that excited about, but can't do anything until our current house sells.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#190902 - 07/01/05 01:23 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

good luck! *HUG* wish we had someone as excited as you about our place.. there is a house we feel that excited about, but can't do anything until our current house sells.

That is the only thing I'm worried about for when we are ready to resale... good look sweetie!!

--------------------

#190938 - 07/01/05 05:00 PM
LittleLisa

Excellent Shell! Sounds so exciting. I hope everything goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Update #3 A Little Delay new
      #190988 - 07/01/05 09:28 PM
Shell Marr

A little delay.... we are not meeting at 10:30am Sat morning. Our Agent is still waiting for one more fax. The Sellers ARE out of town for the holiday weekend....BUT are reachable via fax.... so after we sign in the morning the offer will either be hand delivered or faxed to the Sellers Agent and then he will fax to the Seller.

Shane has spent the last 2 hours on www.homedepot.com LOL

--------------------

2-1/2 more hours......hehehe new
      #191039 - 07/02/05 07:55 AM
Shell Marr

Until we sign the offer!

--------------------

Re: 2-1/2 more hours......hehehe new
      #191075 - 07/02/05 12:53 PM
khyricat

by the time you see this it will probably be signed! good luck and I hope they take it...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

SIGNED! new
      #191076 - 07/02/05 12:56 PM
Shell Marr

Yes, we have signed.... the Earnest check has been written... the offer will be faxed within the hour!! WWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!

--------------------

Great! new
      #191084 - 07/02/05 01:43 PM
Linz

Does this mean it's yours or are you waiting for a response? You guys do things so differently to over here - you're ALOT more modern.

Still waiting... new
      #191107 - 07/02/05 05:07 PM
Shell Marr

for them to except or counter offer... the check is READY when needed

--------------------

Re: Still waiting... new
      #191140 - 07/02/05 08:59 PM
Jennifer Rose

Ugh.. the wait! Crossing my fingers big time for you, Shelley!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Thanks - Offer Expires @ NOON On Sunday (7/3/05) new
      #191141 - 07/02/05 09:15 PM
Shell Marr

So, I guess I'll know by then for sure....LOL

--------------------

Can't Sleep new
      #191167 - 07/03/05 04:28 AM
Shell Marr

Can't sleep...tossing and turning....decorating in my sleep when I do nap.... only 7-1/2 hours left on the offer...

--------------------

Good luck. Let us know when you hear--nt-- new
      #191179 - 07/03/05 07:08 AM
BL

Re: Good luck. Let us know when you hear new
      #191180 - 07/03/05 07:11 AM
Shell Marr

Less then 5 hours.... I'm gonna go to the gym soon to pass the time!

--------------------

Shell, I'm so nervous for you new
      #191213 - 07/03/05 09:39 AM
Augie

I just went through this about 4 months ago! I know how hard it is to wait. I hope you get better results than I did! I'm still in my apartment.

Please let us know when you DO GET the condo! You'll have to tell us all about it! How many units in the building, if it has a balcony, if your on the top floor, middle floor, what the lay out is, what City it's in, etc.

I hope you get an answer soon, hon...Good idea to go work out! When I was waiting I started cooking...chopping with a knife was a great way to take my mind off of it...or to at least try!

But then again, you may not want to leave the phone. Is Shane at home to take the call? Do you have a cell phone? Can you get calls while your on the internet?

Hey, what time is it in Seattle anyways? It's already 11:30 in Chicago.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Shell, I'm so nervous for you new
      #191216 - 07/03/05 09:44 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I just went through this about 4 months ago! I know how hard it is to wait. I hope you get better results than I did! I'm still in my apartment.

Please let us know when you DO GET the condo! You'll have to tell us all about it! How many units in the building, if it has a balcony, if your on the top floor, middle floor, what the lay out is, what City it's in, etc.

Will do!

I hope you get an answer soon, hon...Good idea to go work out! When I was waiting I started cooking...chopping with a knife was a great way to take my mind off of it...or to at least try!

But then again, you may not want to leave the phone. Is Shane at home to take the call? Do you have a cell phone? Can you get calls while your on the internet?

Shane is waiting for the call.... I'm leaving for the gym NOW!!

Hey, what time is it in Seattle anyways? It's already 11:30 in Chicago.
9:45am PST

--------------------

They Counter Offered new
      #191257 - 07/03/05 02:04 PM
Shell Marr

They counter offered.... they will not pay the closing costs.... that would be another $6,000 + we ended up already going in at asking price that were not going to do originally. So we just might be walking.... We have until 5pm on Tues (7/5/05) to respond.

We are going to look at another place with our Agent either later tonight or tomorrow that was new on the market Saturday... there are no pics available yet... but we know where the building is, not too far from this one we put the offer in on.

I'll keep you guys posted....

--------------------

Shell new
      #191266 - 07/03/05 03:02 PM
BL

I'm sorry things are working out like you had hoped, but if it makes you feel any better, we've bought (and sold) lots of houses and we've always had a counter-offer---and we've never had anyone pay the closing costs! Is that normal for your area? A lot of it depends on supply and demand.

One of the most important things you can do when house/condo shopping is have a great (EXPERIENCED) realtor, especially when all of this is new to you! We've had good and bad realtors---and that really makes a difference. It's important that they are familiar with the area you're looking at, or you could end up making a huge mistake with your offer.

I know this is a stressful time for you. Something will work out! Hang in there! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Re: They Counter Offered new
      #191267 - 07/03/05 03:02 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Shell, can't you add the closing costs to the mortgage? I meanif you really want this place, that may be an alternate way of getting it. $6000 over 15 years or even 30 years is not that much. Jst a htought. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I know it is a stressful time. Good luck with everything.

--------------------

Re: Shell new
      #191273 - 07/03/05 03:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm sorry things are working out like you had hoped, but if it makes you feel any better, we've bought (and sold) lots of houses and we've always had a counter-offer---and we've never had anyone pay the closing costs! Is that normal for your area? A lot of it depends on supply and demand.
Yes, that is normal around here especially for 1st time home owners...

One of the most important things you can do when house/condo shopping is have a great (EXPERIENCED) realtor, especially when all of this is new to you! We've had good and bad realtors---and that really makes a difference. It's important that they are familiar with the area you're looking at, or you could end up making a huge mistake with your offer. Yes, he is experienced...he has lived all around the area..... and lives in our neck of the woods right now....so knows it is going to be hard to leave right where we are BUT WE WANT TO OWN! And Shane was also an Agent for a few years, also did the appraisals for a few years and is now back in the mortgage industry ... so I think we are safe there! LOL

I know this is a stressful time for you. Something will work out! Hang in there! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks!

--------------------

#191274 - 07/03/05 03:19 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell, can't you add the closing costs to the mortgage? I meanif you really want this place, that may be an alternate way of getting it. $6000 over 15 years or even 30 years is not that much. Jst a htought. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I know it is a stressful time. Good luck with everything.

Yes, that is an option....

--------------------

#191275 - 07/03/05 03:19 PM
cailin

oh Shell I remember this time so well its awful, hang in there and fingers crossed for you, don't get too disheartened.

--------------------
S.

I forgot new
      #191335 - 07/03/05 07:39 PM
BL

you said this is Shane's area of expertise. Sounds like you have all the bases covered. I gotta quit worrying about you. I think it's the Mom in me. Not only am I worrying about my own sons, but now I'm worrying about those on the boards!!!

Just wait until you have children. You will worry about everything!!! When my boys tell me I worry about them too much, I tell them, "I'm your Mom! That's my job---to worry about you!!!"

Teenagers.....they're really giving me grey hairs!

STRESS... new
      #191715 - 07/05/05 08:17 AM
Shell Marr

Just not sure what to do..... we will not even get the fax of the counter offer FROM SUNDAY until later this morning because the sellers agent is a dork! But anyway....we have until 9pm today to respond. I THINK we are just going to walk and if they happen to come back and agree to our original offer then we would take it.

We looked at the only other place listed in our price range and in the area that we would be willing to live in and it was a DIVE (to put it nice)...lol No new listings this morning yet either....

Just not sure right now......

--------------------

Sending good vibes your way.... new
      #191720 - 07/05/05 08:29 AM
epa_ginger

I can imagine the stress you are under (and remember all too well). I hope this rough period goes quickly...once you've found a place and secured it it will be all worth it and you'll be so happy! Don't worry--it will happen!! Nothing comes easy, right??

--------------------

If in doubt, don't new
      #191728 - 07/05/05 08:40 AM
BL

That's my motto when it comes to real estate. If you're not sure, walk---and something else will come up that's right for you. I promise.

Better to walk than to regret your decision later.

I know you must be getting discouraged .... but something new comes on the market all the time. You will find it. Just be patient!

Just think ....someone out there now is getting ready to put their beautiful home on the market and they're wondering who will buy it. That just might be YOU!

Re: Sending good vibes your way.... new
      #191794 - 07/05/05 10:12 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I can imagine the stress you are under (and remember all too well). I hope this rough period goes quickly...once you've found a place and secured it it will be all worth it and you'll be so happy! Don't worry--it will happen!! Nothing comes easy, right??

Thanks...

Yes, it is the "unknown" that bugs me!! I know it will happen.....

--------------------

Re: If in doubt, don't new
      #191795 - 07/05/05 10:13 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

That's my motto when it comes to real estate. If you're not sure, walk---and something else will come up that's right for you. I promise.

Better to walk than to regret your decision later.

I know you must be getting discouraged .... but something new comes on the market all the time. You will find it. Just be patient!

Just think ....someone out there now is getting ready to put their beautiful home on the market and they're wondering who will buy it. That just might be YOU!

Oh, well said.... I just emailed your post to Shane at work!!

--------------------

Oh do I feel your stress new
      #191807 - 07/05/05 10:37 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Right now I have a bid in for a huge building for the store and we were supposed to find out yesterday if they accepted or wanted to counter the offer - but we never got a phone call and the individual reviewing the offer is now going to Toronto for two days so we are supposed to find out at the lastest Thursday! I am dying here!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Shell - and I expect some fingers being crossed my way from you LMAO

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Oh do I feel your stress new
      #191809 - 07/05/05 10:40 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Right now I have a bid in for a huge building for the store and we were supposed to find out yesterday if they accepted or wanted to counter the offer - but we never got a phone call and the individual reviewing the offer is now going to Toronto for two days so we are supposed to find out at the lastest Thursday! I am dying here!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Shell - and I expect some fingers being crossed my way from you LMAO

They are crossed for ya right now!! Good luck... how exciting for you too!!

--------------------

Re: Oh do I feel your stress new
      #191815 - 07/05/05 10:44 AM
Lana_Marie

PS - I can understand how you can get frustrated - but I have started to live by the it's not meant to be motto. If you have set a number in your mind and that's as high as you want to go then if it's too high you walk - plain and simple. It's not meant to be, tell yourself.

I also use the same motto with EBay or else I pay way too much for some paper cutter thing I could buy for half that price in the city here LMAO

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Glad I could be of help! new
      #191852 - 07/05/05 12:00 PM
BL

My husband and I are in the opposite situation. We are wanting to sell our house (and downsize) now that our last child is leaving for college next month.

We want something smaller, but we can't find anything. Most of the new homes being built in our area are larger than ours. The ones we find that are smaller are a lot more expensive----and they have ZERO yard. (We have a huge one now.)

Young couples want in our subdivision because we have the best schools in the district, so we know we could sell our house, but it's so frustrating because we can't find any place to go!!!

Right now there isn't much for sale in our neighborhood so every house that goes on the market is getting gobbled up---at full asking price. I'm getting a little nervous that if we wait, those buyers won't be there. But I have to keep telling myself there are people like you who are out there looking and willing to buy---if the right thing comes along.

See! You never know when someone's going to list a house!!!!

I think I want it.... new
      #191978 - 07/05/05 04:22 PM
Shell Marr

the clock is tickin.... I'm starting to think maybe we should except the offer...... I will talk to Shane ASAP... I'm just not sure NOW!! LOL I'm gonna have no hair left by time we are done......

--------------------

Re: I think I want it.... new
      #191981 - 07/05/05 04:39 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Go with your instincts!

This might sound silly...bu in writing classes in college we had to write for 15 minutes straight without stopping. No worrying about spelling, punctuation, or even making sense! Sometimes we were given a topic. Maybe give yourself the topic: condo and write it out. Set a timer for 15 minutes. Oh...one rule...pencil can't stop and you MUST write outside the lines (notebook paper)! if you just write it out...you might come to a decision. (I should do this too! Thanks Shell for giving helping me help myself! ) hope this helps...either way...you WILL make the right decision. I have FAITH in you *hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I think I want it.... new
      #191999 - 07/05/05 06:05 PM
Stephie

Hi Shell,

How are you feeling? You must just be crazy nervous, I have all my extremities crossed for you.. I am having some major cramps, but it is worth it, hee hee!!

I keep thinking of advice and then reminding myself that I don't know anything about this kinda stuff so I should just keep my mouth shut!

I think you guys are both being really smart and since Shane is good at this kinda stuff, you will definitely make the right decision. If it's not this one, it will be next one or the one after that but I know you will find an awesome place and you'll be really happy - that's the important bit, right??

**big hugs**
Keep us updated!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Oh, no! new
      #192009 - 07/05/05 06:28 PM
BL

You sound desperate! That's not where you wanna be at this point!!!

Did you accept it??? What happened??--nt new
      #192039 - 07/05/05 07:47 PM
epa_ginger

--------------------

Ditto!! -nt- new
      #192049 - 07/05/05 08:19 PM
Stephie

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

!@?!@?#?@?#?#@/ new
      #192057 - 07/05/05 08:33 PM
Shell Marr

Shane is getting prepared right now to go break our agents heart.... I'm just gonna hide...

I had a GREAT workout...released some stress.... but then came decision time....I hope it is the right one....

Going to go watch the sunset and take some deep breaths....then get dinner started.

Shane also JUST crunched the numbers as I was typing this .... and realized that at the end two years... (that is when we would try to sell) we would have spent $800, more then we made......so now I feel better about it.

Thanks everyone for all your advise....

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (07/05/05 08:41 PM)

Re: !@?!@?#?@?#?#@/ new
      #192105 - 07/06/05 06:20 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Sorry to hear the condo wasn't a good fit for you. We have been where you are and is frusuating to not have the money there.

You two will find the right place and good luck with it.

Ah, well.... new
      #192113 - 07/06/05 06:31 AM
epa_ginger

the numbers don't lie right?? Aren't you glad to have someone who can crunch the numbers?? If I didn't have my husband to do all the financial figuring, I would have been lost. I would have had to ask my dad!! I just don't have a head for that kind of stuff.
Well, you're doing the right thing, at least you know. You'll find another place!!

--------------------

Re: !@?!@?#?@?#?#@/ new
      #192145 - 07/06/05 07:23 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Don't blame you one bit. Sounds like you made the right decision. A tough one, but the right one. Have faith, the right place will come along for you. Just have patience. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------

Shell----How NOT to buy a house new
      #192150 - 07/06/05 07:29 AM
BL

I'm sorry it didn't work out. I know you're disappointed, but it sounds like you made the right decision. You two have a very level head on your shoulders. Good for you for crunching the numbers and using some restraint! Most couples your age would've just bought it ---and worried about the cost later.

When my husband and I bought our first house, we had NO idea what we were doing. We did all the wrong things---we bought on a whim, when interest rates were sky high, in a new subdivision where the developer later went bankrupt. To top that off, the economy in that area plummented, every house on the block went up for sale, and my husband lost his job. We had to take a big loss on the house---or face foreclosure. We bit the bullet and took a loss on it(so as not to ruin our financial record), but it took us YEARS to financially recover from it. Boy, what a hard lesson that was for us to learn!

(Oh, I almost forgot. The septic system didn't work and we had no recourse since the developer was out of business. So we paid out of our pockets to have that redone.)

But what we did learn was----never buy on a whim, check out the neighborhood (builder, developer, etc.) thoroughly, and LOCATION is everything!

To make matters worse, several years later, we had it happen to us AGAIN. (We're slow learners!) We picked out a lot in a new subdivision and built a beautiful house. After about half the lots had been developed, the developer sold the remaining lots to a builder who put up "track" houses. So here we had a custom house surrounded by cheaper homes! A company transfer saved us from a big loss (just in the nick of time), but our friends who stayed were not so fortunate.

Needless to say, as a result, neither one of us will even look at a house that has an empty lot anywhere near it (and we never take a realtor's word when they comment on what's going in around the house!) We only buy in the MIDDLE of a very ESTABLISHED neighborhood so that we know what is surrounding our home. We don't want any surprises!

Some very unfortunate residents here are now facing the construction of a Super Wal-Mart behind their very upscale neighborhood. The empty land was zoned residential when they moved in, but the county has now rezoned it commercial.

Just the other night, at a Fourth of July party, we listened to couples discuss buying houses as an investment (for rental property) because as they said, "real estate values ALWAYS go up!" My husband said to me on the way home, "Thank goodness we went through what we did because we learned that that's not always the case."

I didn't mean to write a book on the subject of real estate, but I hope maybe this might help someone AVOID the mistakes we made.

Re: Well said, Beaglelover, new
      #192155 - 07/06/05 07:40 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

We were lucky. When John and I built our house, be built in the town we grew up in, chose the builder by reputation, and chose the neighbourhood carefully. We only had neighbours on one side that hadn't been built and we took a gamble and were lucky. Our builder had bought the lots across the street so we knew they would be well built homes. It was funny. My husband and I were married 2 years when we built our first home, and we were so sick of moving that we built a home that we wanted to live in for a LONG time. Never regret it. With housing costs now, we could easily sell it for at least $40 or $50,000 more than we built it for in 99. But we put a lot into it, a deck ($10,000, and 2 basement rooms $10,000). Enough of my rant. Small town living is easier, I think. It's easier to know what to expect.

--------------------

Guess what? new
      #192167 - 07/06/05 08:08 AM
Shell Marr

I just had the best nights sleep I have had in two weeks.... I know we made the right choice!!

--------------------

Re: Guess what? new
      #192170 - 07/06/05 08:14 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Good girl. The right one will come along. I just know it!!!!! Be patient.

--------------------

That's good new
      #192212 - 07/06/05 09:46 AM
BL

I'm glad to know you got some sleep. Your mind does churn continuously when you have these BIG things on your mind!

Just relax now.

new listings..... new
      #192216 - 07/06/05 09:48 AM
Shell Marr

Will just watch for new listing now.... none since Sat...

--------------------

Re:Yah Shell! new
      #192238 - 07/06/05 10:40 AM
LittleLisa

Glad you slept better. We had terrible thunderstorms AGAIN last night and the dog was pacing, I was awake, hubby was tossing. It was terrible!

Amazing how not having sleep makes ya feel

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#192239 - 07/06/05 10:45 AM
Jennifer Rose

Aww! I'm so happy everything turned out okay in the end. And a big pat on the back for Shane for being the "bad news messenger"!

Maybe you guys should just move down here to California. LOL Even though the housing is more expensive, you guys could probably get a job that pays more to make up for it. Plus Mike and Shane are too cute together!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#192246 - 07/06/05 11:03 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Aww! I'm so happy everything turned out okay in the end. And a big pat on the back for Shane for being the "bad news messenger"!

Maybe you guys should just move down here to California. LOL Even though the housing is more expensive, you guys could probably get a job that pays more to make up for it. Plus Mike and Shane are too cute together!

OK, you MIGHT wanna rephrase this! LMAO "Plus Mike and Shane are too cute together!" I think you and Mikey should move to Seattle, and then we COULD afford the places on Alki... we could all just live together!! We would need AT LEAST 2 bathrooms if not more!! hehehe

--------------------

#192262 - 07/06/05 11:34 AM
Lana_Marie

Quote:

Shane also JUST crunched the numbers as I was typing this .... and realized that at the end two years... (that is when we would try to sell) we would have spent $800, more then we made......so now I feel better about it.

This is a clear indicator right here!! I am glad to hear you had a great sleep last night.

PS - There are a ton of listings here in Regina, for you two to buy LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#192271 - 07/06/05 11:47 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

This is a clear indicator right here!! I am glad to hear you had a great sleep last night.

PS - There are a ton of listings here in Regina, for you two to buy LOL

Yeah, that was the clear indicator alright! You just want me to move there so I can cook for you all the time!! hehehe

--------------------

#192283 - 07/06/05 12:07 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Quote:

OK, you MIGHT wanna rephrase this! LMAO "Plus Mike and Shane are too cute together!" I think you and Mikey should move to Seattle, and then we COULD afford the places on Alki... we could all just live together!! We would need AT LEAST 2 bathrooms if not more!! hehehe

LOL No, I phrased it that way on purpose. Heehee...

Ooh nice idea.. then we can train them to cater to our every need..

although I don't see that happening for some reason.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#192285 - 07/06/05 12:11 PM
Lana_Marie

Busted???

PS - I just read your story on the Fitness link - first of all you are incredibly amazing to have the drink to lose so much weight...I have another 10 lbs or so to lose and I have trouble staying motivated.

Second, you look taller in the after picture??? Not sure how that works...but you do LOL - But you also look fabulous.

I have to be honest though, you were absolutely beautiful before too - all because you are incredibly sweet and caring and anyone who knows you could see that.

But I can sure tell that you are much happier with the new shell and for that you should be incredibly proud. If there's one thing my therapist has taught me it's that only YOU can make yourself happy. Congrats for learning that on your own.

PS - Shane is looking pretty good too _ Sorry but I have to admit that he is a very good looking man!! I have oogled him a few times LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#192286 - 07/06/05 12:11 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL No, I phrased it that way on purpose. Heehee...

Ooh nice idea.. then we can train them to cater to our every need..

although I don't see that happening for some reason.

LOL...well, Shane is about 70% trained.... but with the influence of Mikey....I'm sure that some of my progress would go to waist!! LOL Butt, we would have to limit Mikey to the farts he is allowed per day!! LOL We would need an air cleaning system for sure!! LOL

--------------------

#192290 - 07/06/05 12:15 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Busted???

PS - I just read your story on the Fitness link - first of all you are incredibly amazing to have the drink to lose so much weight...I have another 10 lbs or so to lose and I have trouble staying motivated. Thanks...yes, lots of water!! Good luck on your 10# you can do it!!

Second, you look taller in the after picture??? Not sure how that works...but you do LOL - But you also look fabulous. That is because I'm no longer as wide as I am tall!! LOL

I have to be honest though, you were absolutely beautiful before too - all because you are incredibly sweet and caring and anyone who knows you could see that. AAwww... thanks!

But I can sure tell that you are much happier with the new shell and for that you should be incredibly proud. If there's one thing my therapist has taught me it's that only YOU can make yourself happy. Congrats for learning that on your own. It really is a much better way of life... I'm LIVING!!

PS - Shane is looking pretty good too _ Sorry but I have to admit that he is a very good looking man!! I have oogled him a few times LOL Oh, you and me both....sometimes I think I should just leave him handcuffed to the bed so nobody tried to steal him...LOL

--------------------

#192307 - 07/06/05 12:50 PM
Lana_Marie

Quote:

PS - Shane is looking pretty good too _ Sorry but I have to admit that he is a very good looking man!! I have oogled him a few times LOL Oh, you and me both....sometimes I think I should just leave him handcuffed to the bed so nobody tried to steal him...LOL

I don't think there is another women in this world who could steal him from you - seriously you and he are so incredibly in love that there is no way another girl could ever get him!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#192308 - 07/06/05 12:51 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Somehow, I don't see Shane having a problem with this...

--------------------
- Jennifer

#192313 - 07/06/05 12:56 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think there is another women in this world who could steal him from you - seriously you and he are so incredibly in love that there is no way another girl could ever get him!!!

Oh, that is soooo sweet!!

--------------------

#192315 - 07/06/05 12:58 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Somehow, I don't see Shane having a problem with this...

Me neither!! LOL

--------------------

#192324 - 07/06/05 01:06 PM
Lana_Marie

Girls Girls!! Good thing I come back here to show you this line _____________________ = that is the sharing border - and we are teetering on it right now LMAO

Of course, don't get me wrong - I would be happy to be the one to push you over the border - but I just wanted you to be aware that we are awfully close (to having a heck of a lot of fun Bwhahah)

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#192325 - 07/06/05 01:08 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Girls Girls!! Good thing I come back here to show you this line _____________________ = that is the sharing border - and we are teetering on it right now LMAO

Of course, don't get me wrong - I would be happy to be the one to push you over the border - but I just wanted you to be aware that we are awfully close (to having a heck of a lot of fun Bwhahah)

Oh, how I've missed you Lana!! I just can't stop smilin today!! THANK YOU!!

--------------------

#192328 - 07/06/05 01:09 PM
Lana_Marie

I was just thinking how much I missed you girls too!! Man we used to have a ton of fun!! And I am strapped in to have a wild ride with ya'll!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#192341 - 07/06/05 01:30 PM
Jennifer Rose

LMAO! I miss the line!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Two more listing...... new
      #194096 - 07/11/05 08:43 AM
Shell Marr

Two more listing came out Sunday...we might check out!! Our Agent is going to go check them out today and then we will go if he thinks it is something we would like.

--------------------

Re: Two more listing...... new
      #194513 - 07/12/05 08:29 AM
Shell Marr

Here is a copy of the email from our Agent.....
Quote:

Shelley, I did go view those properties that you had sent to me. They were the ones that Shane had driven by, There is always a story!!!!! Believe me...definitely No! The place is really run down and they are way over priced. Talk with you soon!

It's a Great Day!
Jim

--------------------

#194514 - 07/12/05 08:31 AM
Jennifer Rose

Aww.. at least he was honest! And now you guys don't have to waste your time.

Big hugs!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#194520 - 07/12/05 08:44 AM
Shell Marr

EXACTLY!! That is what he is gonna start doing....looking at them first and THEN taking us. LOL In the mean time.... we are THINKING about moving into (renting) a 2 bedroom that at least has a dishwasher... and coin laundry would be ok, since it would be short term... but we have to really think about it if we move BUILDINGS because then we would have to sign at least a 6 month if not 12 month lease... right now we are month to month and could stay that way as long as we don't leave the building.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47253

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review