All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Re: CONSUMED by Condo/House Shopping new
      #187810 - 06/21/05 10:20 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Good luck with that. It can be fun and stressful at the same time. I hope that you find something.

Thanks Angela.... we are really in no BIG hurry.... but now that it is on our minds... ya know how it goes...lol

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#187849 - 06/21/05 12:08 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

When my husband and I bought our house 2.5 years ago, it was a welcome end to months of living hell on an emotional roller coaster. We were getting married, still with our parents and pretty much HAD to find a place within a few months. I got too attached to a house with an awesome lot and great back porch...that was way too expensive for what it was. The guy was trying to scam us. I spent pretty much every day all day online looking at realty websites. But, in the end I LOVE the house we bought, it was WAY cheaper, and better for us, and everything worked out just as it should. Hopefully we don't have to move anytime soon. Good luck!!!

--------------------

#187856 - 06/21/05 12:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ahhh! House shopping is very stressful. Hope you find something nice (and affordable) soon. Just don't settle for something that's not right for you. Be patient and the right thing will come along. There are always new things coming on the market every day!

And a word of advice from someone older who's learned this the hard way----LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is everything! You can't move a perfect house to a better location, but you can improve a not-so-good house in a terrific location. You will be glad you took this into consideration when you get ready to resell.

Good luck!

#187879 - 06/21/05 12:50 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I have been sitting here at the computer all night looking. I see a lot of status: pending. It is really hard because they do look great but I am 1,000's of miles away and I can't see the houses or do anything about it but I can't make myself stop looking.

--------------------
Janey

#187890 - 06/21/05 01:29 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

And a word of advice from someone older who's learned this the hard way----LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is everything! You can't move a perfect house to a better location, but you can improve a not-so-good house in a terrific location.

I thought this was an awesome piece of advice, BL! Makes total sense.

--------------------
- Jennifer

I know what you mean Shell new
      #187902 - 06/21/05 01:40 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

We are in our house 2 years. We spent every weekend and three nights a week after work driving around every suburb of Dublin looking at places for about ten weeks. It drove us crazy, then when we finally got an offer accepted it took four months to close the sale as the vendors' new house fell through and they had to start looking again.

We viewed the house end of January and closed the sale 11th July!!! It was so frustrating living in our tiny tiny apartment with our tiny house waiting for us. We used to drive by all the time looking at it!

It cost us €292,000 then, and its worth about €350,000 now, so it was a great buy.

Its frustrating but it'll all pay off!

--------------------
S.

#187936 - 06/21/05 03:26 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Well Shell, I think your way of doing it is WAY better than ours. We flew into Texas for a long weekend, saw over 20 houses in one day, picked the top five, revisited those, and put in an offer. It was EXHAUSTING. Don't get me wrong, I love our house, but that is not the way to go shopping! Plus, when you don't know the city, the realtor totally determines what you see. We would probably have chosen different neighborhoods than we did, but we didn't know the city at all.

Good luck!!!

Sympathy hon! new
      #188119 - 06/22/05 06:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

We went through that a year ago...and we didn't have a hope in hell of buying anywhere really nice. Our house, a small 3 bed terraced, ex-council house, with no view, etc was $242,000! And that was a bargain.

Good luck!

#188207 - 06/22/05 08:51 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

When my husband and I bought our house 2.5 years ago, it was a welcome end to months of living hell on an emotional roller coaster. We were getting married, still with our parents and pretty much HAD to find a place within a few months. Oh my goodness....I'm just glad we don't HAVE to do it right away.... I got too attached to a house with an awesome lot and great back porch...that was way too expensive for what it was. The guy was trying to scam us. I spent pretty much every day all day online looking at realty websites. Yep, that's us!! lol But, in the end I LOVE the house we bought, it was WAY cheaper, and better for us, and everything worked out just as it should. oh good! Hopefully we don't have to move anytime soon. Good luck!!! Thanks!

--------------------

#188210 - 06/22/05 08:54 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ahhh! House shopping is very stressful. Hope you find something nice (and affordable) soon. Just don't settle for something that's not right for you. Be patient and the right thing will come along. There are always new things coming on the market every day! That is what I was thinking on the drive home last night... we have found 2 in the last week that would been PERFECT, one has sold but the parking did not work out for us....and the other we are still waiting on parking info (we need 2 spots)...so, if we found 2 in a week... we will find more..

And a word of advice from someone older who's learned this the hard way----LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is everything! You can't move a perfect house to a better location, but you can improve a not-so-good house in a terrific location. You will be glad you took this into consideration when you get ready to resell. You are SO right....

Good luck!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 247 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47791

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review