All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Re: Shell new
      #191273 - 07/03/05 03:17 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I'm sorry things are working out like you had hoped, but if it makes you feel any better, we've bought (and sold) lots of houses and we've always had a counter-offer---and we've never had anyone pay the closing costs! Is that normal for your area? A lot of it depends on supply and demand.
Yes, that is normal around here especially for 1st time home owners...

One of the most important things you can do when house/condo shopping is have a great (EXPERIENCED) realtor, especially when all of this is new to you! We've had good and bad realtors---and that really makes a difference. It's important that they are familiar with the area you're looking at, or you could end up making a huge mistake with your offer. Yes, he is experienced...he has lived all around the area..... and lives in our neck of the woods right now....so knows it is going to be hard to leave right where we are BUT WE WANT TO OWN! And Shane was also an Agent for a few years, also did the appraisals for a few years and is now back in the mortgage industry ... so I think we are safe there! LOL

I know this is a stressful time for you. Something will work out! Hang in there! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: They Counter Offered new
      #191274 - 07/03/05 03:19 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell, can't you add the closing costs to the mortgage? I meanif you really want this place, that may be an alternate way of getting it. $6000 over 15 years or even 30 years is not that much. Jst a htought. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I know it is a stressful time. Good luck with everything.

Yes, that is an option....

--------------------

Re: They Counter Offered new
      #191275 - 07/03/05 03:19 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

oh Shell I remember this time so well its awful, hang in there and fingers crossed for you, don't get too disheartened.

--------------------
S.

I forgot new
      #191335 - 07/03/05 07:39 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

you said this is Shane's area of expertise. Sounds like you have all the bases covered. I gotta quit worrying about you. I think it's the Mom in me. Not only am I worrying about my own sons, but now I'm worrying about those on the boards!!!

Just wait until you have children. You will worry about everything!!! When my boys tell me I worry about them too much, I tell them, "I'm your Mom! That's my job---to worry about you!!!"

Teenagers.....they're really giving me grey hairs!

STRESS... new
      #191715 - 07/05/05 08:17 AM
Shell Marr

Just not sure what to do..... we will not even get the fax of the counter offer FROM SUNDAY until later this morning because the sellers agent is a dork! But anyway....we have until 9pm today to respond. I THINK we are just going to walk and if they happen to come back and agree to our original offer then we would take it.

We looked at the only other place listed in our price range and in the area that we would be willing to live in and it was a DIVE (to put it nice)...lol No new listings this morning yet either....

Just not sure right now......

--------------------

Sending good vibes your way.... new
      #191720 - 07/05/05 08:29 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I can imagine the stress you are under (and remember all too well). I hope this rough period goes quickly...once you've found a place and secured it it will be all worth it and you'll be so happy! Don't worry--it will happen!! Nothing comes easy, right??

--------------------

If in doubt, don't new
      #191728 - 07/05/05 08:40 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

That's my motto when it comes to real estate. If you're not sure, walk---and something else will come up that's right for you. I promise.

Better to walk than to regret your decision later.

I know you must be getting discouraged .... but something new comes on the market all the time. You will find it. Just be patient!

Just think ....someone out there now is getting ready to put their beautiful home on the market and they're wondering who will buy it. That just might be YOU!

Re: Sending good vibes your way.... new
      #191794 - 07/05/05 10:12 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I can imagine the stress you are under (and remember all too well). I hope this rough period goes quickly...once you've found a place and secured it it will be all worth it and you'll be so happy! Don't worry--it will happen!! Nothing comes easy, right??

Thanks...

Yes, it is the "unknown" that bugs me!! I know it will happen.....

--------------------

Re: If in doubt, don't new
      #191795 - 07/05/05 10:13 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

That's my motto when it comes to real estate. If you're not sure, walk---and something else will come up that's right for you. I promise.

Better to walk than to regret your decision later.

I know you must be getting discouraged .... but something new comes on the market all the time. You will find it. Just be patient!

Just think ....someone out there now is getting ready to put their beautiful home on the market and they're wondering who will buy it. That just might be YOU!

Oh, well said.... I just emailed your post to Shane at work!!

--------------------

Oh do I feel your stress new
      #191807 - 07/05/05 10:37 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Right now I have a bid in for a huge building for the store and we were supposed to find out yesterday if they accepted or wanted to counter the offer - but we never got a phone call and the individual reviewing the offer is now going to Toronto for two days so we are supposed to find out at the lastest Thursday! I am dying here!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Shell - and I expect some fingers being crossed my way from you LMAO

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 609 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47259

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review