All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
HUGS Shell!! new
      #190615 - 06/30/05 11:44 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

You will find a place that is right for you. And you will know it when you find it. If there was any doubt in your mind then it was a good thing you backed out.

Good Luck! Keep Hunting!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I HAD A MAJOR MELTDOWN new
      #190620 - 06/30/05 12:31 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Shell, don't worry about having a meltdown. Buying a house/condo is extremely stressful, and so that's understandable!

It sounds like this place was NOT the place for you and that you felt pressured to buy. I know that's easy to do, but that's the worst thing you can do. Don't buy unless you are absolutely sure it is THE place for you.

And it's not unreasonable to ask to see a property over and over again---and to spend hours there BEFORE you make an offer. It is a major purchase and one you will have to live with for years.
Most people spend more time checking out a car than a house. That doesn't make sense when you think about it.

We did the same thing when we moved here. We found a neighborhood we liked (in the school district we wanted for our boys), and there wasn't much for sale at the time. We put a contract on one house, and then after we did, both my husband and I had this funny feeling----that we had made a mistake. The couple did not accept our offer---and they counter-offered, and we told the realtor we thought we had made a mistake. She said we could walk away from it at that point, and so we did.

We ended up putting a contract on another house in the same neighborhood, and we are so glad that we did. That other house was just not for us, but we had felt pressured to make a decision at the time.

You WILL find something that is right for you, but until you do, don't make an offer. Or you may regret it later.
Be patient, and it will happen. And don't get too caught up in one aspect of the house (such as the view). The floorplan, the yard, location, etc. has got to be right too.
You will always have to compromise on something, but make sure you both agree it's something you can give up.

Good luck! And hope you feel better soon.

GOING BACK TO LOOK AT 2ND FLOOR new
      #190692 - 06/30/05 03:03 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm gonna go look at the 2nd floor again...... I think we could really do a lot with this place with just a little paint and personal touches.... We can bring the beach TO US!!

We could paint the yellow master bedroom either white or the light tan color in the living room (there are paint cans there with all the info on them). Get a new bed spread and START a theme in there.... We always talked about a tropical theme like palm trees etc....

Then there is a glossy dark blue wall in the kitchen that I can't stand (but it is a small wall)... I would like to paint that one a plum color to match my wine & grape theme.

And I can still do the seashell theme in the main bathroom.... the walls could stay that soft pastel mint green... it would still go... with my purple and offwhite/cream towels.

It has lots of updates done to it... I can make or buy some curtains (or just the top potions) not sure what they are called.

Anyway... the creative juices are flowing...

Shane just left the office and I will be also in the next 30 mins. We hope to track down our Agent and make another run over there tonight.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Yikes! new
      #190699 - 06/30/05 03:33 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I didn't read your updates yet, this thread is sooo long! haha... but, I saw how much you RENT for a ONE bedroom, NJ (ESPECIALLY the area I live in) is was expensive, even though they are not necessarily nice neighborhoods... but that is still more than here!

Well, unless you are in the really ritzy expenisve rich "come from money" towns.

Sucks taht you ahve to leave your 'hood, but I hope you find something charming in your budget!

--------------------
-Sheri

Copy of email Shane just sent to our Agent new
      #190777 - 06/30/05 08:54 PM
Shell Marr

Copy of email Shane just sent to our Agent....

Quote:

In a message dated 6/30/05 8:45:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, shane66@earthlink.net writes:
Good Evening

OK, here is what we wanna do

Lets go in at 187,000.00 with seller picking up our closing costs to 6k.
Contingnet on:
Financing
Insurance
Approval of title
Approval of HOA rules and regs
Inspection
Seller disclosure

I'd like to put a deadline of sometime over the weekend, but if they are outta town for the holiday or something I could live with end of business Tues. I am in Bellevue til 5 and Shell will be in Ballard until about the same.....

Lets make the earnest money 1,000.00, if I really had to, I would consider putting another 500.00 on a signed around, but I'd just as soon save that for now. If you need to fax something for my signature before 5, call my office at 425-***-**** and I'll find a free fax in the office.

Shane

Now, let's see if I sleep tonight... eeeeeekkkkk....I may soon be a home owner!!

--------------------

Aww, Shelley! new
      #190816 - 07/01/05 08:21 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I got stuck in a dumb class to get my notary license yesterday and didn't get online to see this until this morning.

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!

Just think of how nice it will feel when this is all over and you have a nice place that you can call your own. I know you guys are saving money, but it might be worth it to spring the extra cash to go get a nice quick massage from your massage gal.

Mike and I are crossing our fingers for you guys!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Good luck, Shell! ---nt--- new
      #190855 - 07/01/05 10:49 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: I HAD A MAJOR MELTDOWN new
      #190858 - 07/01/05 11:06 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

How are you doing today Shell *hugs* this is SUCH a hard thing! Hubby and I move EVERY year and we go through this all the time! We're simply trying to decide WHERE to live! Buying is so FINAL (for a while at least) and I hope you fall in love with a place that is affordable and in a neighborhood you are happy with!

You're in my thoughts and paryers *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Shell new
      #190877 - 07/01/05 12:00 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Shell, good luck witht the whole process. I know it can be very stressful. I went through the same thing three eyars ago when I bought my place. ALl the stress is well worth it in the end. All the best and let us know what happens!

--------------------

Update #1 new
      #190884 - 07/01/05 12:09 PM
Shell Marr

No new news to report YET... our Agent is drawing up the papers... but he is still trying to get a hold of the sellers agent....plus the holiday weekend... we may not know anything until Tues! Hope we don't have to wait that long... it would be nice to know if we should keep shoppin over the weekend or not.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47251

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review