All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Re: CONSUMED by Condo/House Shopping new
      #188251 - 06/22/05 09:24 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

beent here done that and doing it again... take your time and look around.. you may find an area that makes you feel comfortable and is better price wise too... good luck.. and keep an eye out for repos- they are as is but great prices!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#188286 - 06/22/05 10:42 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Shell,

Good luck!! I'm sorry that something that shoulda been all fun turned out to be stressful, I hate it when that happens!
Hopefully you'll be able to get everything sorted out soon and find a condo that you just fall in love with!
I can't wait to buy somewhere, I am really excited about decorating. I have even cut out pictures of stuff I like and am keeping it so when we finally do decorate, I am all ready!!

Sending happy house hunting thoughts your way!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Linz- house twins! new
      #188370 - 06/22/05 02:21 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

Our house, a small 3 bed terraced, ex-council house, with no view, etc was $242,000!

We live in the same house! Ours is end of terrace in a culdesac with a patch of grass out the front and a patio out the back..if I remember right you have a garden?

Our location is excellent though, just under three miles from the city centre, so you have to make sacrifices to get that. As for the view...I can see the house across the road from my house, the one with the Laurel and Hardy sculpture in the window

--------------------
S.

#188694 - 06/23/05 02:01 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Good luck with house hunting Shell. The cost of housing is way too high and hubby and I keep waiting for the bubble to burst.

Location plays a hugh role in how much your house will cost. Cost of living in my area is still reasonable. We bought our house three years ago for $108,000.00. Our home is 2100 square feet, the inside was gutted and redone. I have an awesome kitchen and both bathrooms have been remolded. We have a double deck off the back of our house and a three car gargage. I have added bushes and flowers every year, because the outside was never touched.

I hate to live in CA and have to deal with buying a starter house. I really feel for you two and hope you can find something afforable.

Putting In A Bid On A Condo Tonight new
      #190295 - 06/29/05 02:49 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm so on edge right now... I already did not sleep last night and was up two time to vomit I'm home sick today and got an email from our Agent about a new listing. I just went to look at the place and gave Shane the go ahead to put in an offer...it has only been on the market 2 days...crossing fingers it will not turn into a bidding war...cuz if it does... we will lose

WISH US LUCK.... (and my tummy too)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

GOOD LUCK!!!!! new
      #190298 - 06/29/05 02:53 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh, I remember how stressful that is! I'm crossing everything that you'll get it!

Re: GOOD LUCK!!!!! new
      #190299 - 06/29/05 02:54 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks Linz!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Oh Shell!! new
      #190302 - 06/29/05 03:16 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Shell,

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you that all goes well with the condo.. Is this the one in the same area that you are in now?
I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well!! Do you think your tummy is reacting to all the stress of the condo looking/buying or do you think it is a bug or something? I really hope it goes away, try and have a nice relaxing day off!
You poor thing, let us know what happens with the condo!

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Oh, honey!! new
      #190304 - 06/29/05 03:30 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I know how hard it is. My best friend just bought a house and she bought it so fast there wasn't a sale sign on the front lawn. They put an offer in and WHEW! they took it! They were lucky, cause another offer came in above theirs, but it was conditional on the sale of a house, and their offer had no conditions. My brother and girlfriend are desperately trying to buy an apartment in Scotland and are having the toughest time! Everyhting is so expensive and their bids are always too low! Good luck! I hope you get it!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Putting In A Bid On A Condo Tonight *DELETED* new
      #190326 - 06/29/05 04:53 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 164 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47249

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review