All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Cara, hows it going? nt
      #187167 - 06/18/05 02:15 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey Dalia :) new
      #187295 - 06/19/05 04:57 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

It's going ok. Still throwing up I've been on the Zofran now for 4 nights (tonight will be the 5th) I threw up a ton the first day, then I didn't for the next 2 days, and then last night I threw up 4 times. The only thing I did different those days that I didn't throw up was that I didn't eat anything after 5:30. So I'm trying that again tonight....
The problem with that is that I wake up around 2:00 STARVING and with an awful headache...I don't feel like eating at 2 in the morning...so I try to go back to sleep. Then when I actually wake up in the morning, I feel so shaky and hungry and have a splitting headache. So mornings aren't so great anymore either

Today it felt like I was having contractions all day - I was tempted to call somebody because they were knocking me on my knees! I think it is just that I am now soooo C, and have been for 6 days now.

Basically I am at a bad stage right now I really hope this part ends soon! I find out in 3 weeks if it's a boy or girl...I cannot wait, it's going to be such a hard 3 weeks. I think about it about 50 times a day! I really feel like it's a girl, but who knows for sure. Whatever it is, it's going to get a spanking for what it's doing to me. LOL - TOTALLY KIDDING.

Thanks for asking about me, I really appreciate it.

I got my hubby a little bib that says 'I love my daddy'...and a book for expected fathers today. It's his first 'kinda' Father's Day!

Did you have a good weekend?? I hope so!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Hey Dalia :) new
      #187296 - 06/19/05 05:02 PM
daliatree

hey! well those two nights without the yucky throwing up sound hopeful. Hows this - when you wake up at 2am starving, it doesn't have to be a meal...how about some crackers - just something to line your tummy...have you tried that?
Its sooo exciting finding out the sex!! Either one is soo amazing. So soon you will be feeling much better. I am sure of it. Meanwhile, I will continue praying for your ES (evening sickness!!) to stop! You are still my brave inspiration! :-)
Had a lovely weekend, just came back from daddy-in-laws celebration in central park with a picnic...my daddy is in the UK :-(, but I am going over there in two weeks to visit. Should be lovely!
Feel GOOD XXX

--------------------

Cara new
      #187374 - 06/20/05 01:07 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I agree with Dalia...a tub of crackers by the bed sounds like a plan. Also, try to make sure you get plenty of hydrating fluids (that include sugars, salts, etc) during the evening (that should help with the headaches). Have you tried going for just liquids during the evening? Maybe your tum could cope with a little bit of broth or smoothie?

Re: Hey Dalia :) new
      #187391 - 06/20/05 05:44 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Oh, honey, you are SUCH a good sport for all of this. I can't believe what you're going through. I totally sympathize with you. I really hope you feel better soon. I'm so sorry you're having souch a rough time. This has got to stop soon!!!!!

Funny story - early in my first pregnancy I was POSITIVE I was having a boy and I was going to name him Liam. Guess what? I did. Never know. Your instincts may be right! Mine were! I even knew my second pregnancy was a girl. Not because I thought it was a girl, but because I didn't think it was a boy. I didn't have any strong feelings that it was a boy so I thought it was a girl. Funny. My Mom knew I was a girl, too. We'll see! You'll have to tell us once you know!!! I can't wait!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Thanks Alicia! new
      #187392 - 06/20/05 06:08 AM
Cara4503

I am trying to be a good sport, I mean it's for a wonderful cause, right? And I know that many people have it worse than me. My next door neighbor was on bedrest at this time!

It is so neat how you can 'know' what you're having. I feel kind of like you - that it's not a boy, so it must be a girl....but it's weird because everyone else in the world thinks it's a boy (not that their instict is better than mine or anything ). Justin really thinks it's a boy....so maybe in my head I'm just going against what everyone is saying? I just go back and forth confusing myself!
I would just be surprised if it was a boy....but so excited!

--------------------
~Cara~

Dalia and Linz... new
      #187393 - 06/20/05 06:12 AM
Cara4503

I might try the cracker idea - I have thought of that, but I just have not felt like crackers at all this pregnancy. Everyone keeps telling me to eat saltines, but the thought of that is gross for some reason. Maybe I'll try graham crackers or something...

As fas as drinking at night - I really try to limit it because I'm already getting up about 7 times a night to pee! So after 7:30 I barely drink anything.

Last night I ate a peice of toast at 7:00, and didn't throw up!!! I was very nausous though and at the toilet waiting...but maybe that's a good sign.

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
~Cara~

YAY!! new
      #187394 - 06/20/05 06:17 AM
daliatree

sooo glad you kept the toast down! Maybe this is finally ebbing away and then you can completely enjoy your pregnancy! woooooo hoooooo :-) long may it continue!

--------------------

Re: YAY!! new
      #187401 - 06/20/05 07:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Try the cinnamon low fat graham crackers! The are like eating cinnamon toast! I LIVED on those when I was pregnant!

I can't wait to find out what you are having! How exciting! I can't believe you are this far along already!! I hope the puking goes away soon! Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Cara honey... new
      #187403 - 06/20/05 07:54 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

you really should call your doctors office and at least tell them what's going on. It's probably just what you think, but it's better to be safe than sorry, I think anyway. If you can, try to take it easy as much as possible today. Put your feet up and relax. It sounds to me that your body is trying to tell you that you need to take it easy (our bodies have a funny way of knowing these things).

In my opinion, you should listen to your body when it comes to eating too... if it wants something at 2 in the morning instead of 5:30 at night when you're used to having dinner, than keep some food by your bed, and nibble on it and go back to sleep... I usually had graham crackers there for me. Also, I would stay in bed in the morning and eat a few graham crackers when I woke up, and wait a little while until I felt better, and then get up and eat breakfast.

Hang in there sweetie! I feel for ya! Lots of hugs to you!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6823

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review