All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
My dog just died
      #185754 - 06/11/05 06:18 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I don't even really know what to say, but I feel like I share everything with you guys and this is a big deal in my life...
I've had the dog since I was 7 years old, she was just the most awesome friendly and lovely dog anyone could ever have.

Last night she wasn't too well, I sat up with her for a long time and almost took her in to the hospital, but then she seemed to be better.

I went to a conference today called "The Inside Tract" about stomach stuff (will post about that later) and I just knew they were going to get her put down, I was so distracted all day.

When I got home, she wasn't there and I knew for sure. I asked my Dad and he told me they'd taken her in.
I wish they had let me say goodbye, or at least let me know.. but what's done is done.

What a lousy weekend.

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

So Sorry, Stephie new
      #185757 - 06/11/05 06:32 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I'm so sorry about your dog. I know exactly how you feel because a long time ago we had to have our 12 yr old dog put to sleep and it was very, very sad. Now the dog that has been with us 13 yrs had developed a nasal tumor so I don't know how much longer he has. I'm trying to make every day I have left with him very special.

Sending you hugs
Barbie

--------------------

Oh, honey new
      #185762 - 06/11/05 06:42 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I am so sad for you. I remember when my dog was put down. It just about killed me. I cried for days. I still dream about her 15 years later. I still keep a picture of her on my fridge. She was just the most loving, compassionate best friend I ever had. I too grew up with her.

I am definitely one of those people who believes losing a pet is just as bad as losing a human you love and cherish. This must be so hard for you.

My mom had to put down my dog when I was away too. So, I never got to say good bye or give her my last kiss and cuddle. If you bury her, you could go visit her and say goodbye that way. Not the same, I know.... I can't make this better...Just let you know how sorry I am that you had this happen right now.

Thinking of you, and sending you a big hug. I hope you are okay and able to find some comfort in your sadness.

Lots of love!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: My dog just died new
      #185773 - 06/11/05 07:27 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

I am so sorry, we just had to put to sleep my 15 yr old Shar-pei 2 months ago and it was so hard on all of us. She was in very bad health but you still cant prepare yourself for something like that. I was off at school when I got the phone call and one part of me wishes that I could have been here but another part of me is happy that I saw her alive and was not there because I think that it would have really torn me up. Take care! Sorry

#185774 - 06/11/05 07:28 PM

Unregistered

Aww Steph I'm so sorry to hear that! I look at my little puppy who's almost one and it's so sad to think that they have such short little lives. It's amazing how attached to them you become too.

Well I hope you've been well otherwise and big big hugs!!

I think dogs should live as long as the owners new
      #185780 - 06/11/05 07:40 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It's not right that we lose them after only 12 or so years. They should be able to live as long as we do. They become part of our families and our hearts. So sad to lose them after only a short time.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Oh Stephie, I'm so sorry. new
      #185795 - 06/11/05 09:02 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

There's almost nothing worse than losing your childhood pet. I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts will be with you. Make sure and allow yourself enough time to properly feel sorry.

#185810 - 06/12/05 02:22 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Steph...I'm very sadded by this news...I'm so sorry {{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Oh hell! new
      #185814 - 06/12/05 02:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

{{{{hugs}}}}}

Sweetie, I'm so sorry...that's just horrible. BIG hugs and sympathy coming your way.

so sorry.... new
      #185819 - 06/12/05 06:04 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

steph, i hope you're okay. I know how aweful it must be, Ive had pets die in the past out of the blue and they become like a part of you're family so when they're gone its like someones died. Ive had my cat pugsley since I was 11 and I dread the day when dies, I hate to think about it. Sending lots and lots of hugs your way.

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 582 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2493

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review