Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Your least favorite chores!
      #18546 - 08/25/03 07:54 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

What are you least favorite chores?

Mine are: dusting, laundry and making beds.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Your least favorite chores! new
      #18561 - 08/25/03 10:52 PM
StansAngelXXX

Reged: 07/08/03
Loc: Albany, NY and Hartford, CT

Definitely dishes. Even if I had a dishwasher- I cannot stand touching other people's food and utensils.

#18570 - 08/26/03 03:49 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

dishes
cleaning the bathroom
picking up after the fiance - or nagging him to do it himself

#18575 - 08/26/03 05:45 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

ironing
mopping floors
emptying the dishwasher

#18577 - 08/26/03 06:26 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Laundry! My bf folds t-shirts rather haphazardly, so I've banned him from touching our t-shirts. Now I have to do it. I hate loads of whites, too.

Cleaning the bathroom! Ours is white and we have a black lab named Max that sheds about three pounds of hair in there every morning. Combine that with the stickiness of the hairspray that I disperse every morning, it looks like about three rats have died in there by the end of the week. I get down on my hands and knees with a sponge and mop the crapola up. Two minutes later it's dirty again.

But, dear bf and I have a great system of cleaning. After finding Max hair in the microwave or stepping on a piece of rice next to the bed, he says "this place is a mess, we need to clean. what day works best for you?" I grumble a bit, and try and change the subject but he usually gets me to pick a day. Then he vacuums and cleans the kitchen. My duties include both bathrooms (uck, the toilets!!!!) and starting the laundry. I'm so glad that bf is a clean-freak because I'm not.

--------------------
~jules

#18580 - 08/26/03 06:53 AM
beth2

Reged: 08/14/03
Loc: Maryland

I'm in the process of moving and have to paint my entire apartment back to it's original white. I painted it all very dark colors, so it takes 3 to 4 coats. So, it's safe to say that my new least favorite chore is painting things white.

#18581 - 08/26/03 07:01 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Definetly cleaning the toilet!!And ironing shirts for work! Grrr!
My fiancee is pretty good at doing some cleaning,when i nag endlessley! But sadly he does not have the toilet cleaning gene!!

--------------------
Morven

#18585 - 08/26/03 08:13 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Definately Laundry!!! For such a simple chore of only "pushing a button" I hate it!!

That and vaccuuming because that was my chore when I was young (we never traded off chores) so now I hate it!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Speaking of men and toilets.... new
      #18592 - 08/26/03 09:38 AM
*Melissa*

Last night, my fiance was watching This Old House and these people had a toilet that only flushes if you put the lid down! I know a woman must have invented that one! LOL

Re: Speaking of men and toilets.... new
      #18598 - 08/26/03 10:09 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Ooh I just cleaned yesterday and my least favorite chore is the bathroom too. I don't mind the toliet or the sink.. it's the solid glass doors on the shower with all the hard water spots that drive me nuts! I spent 2 hours trying to get those darn spots off and could not get them off.

Anyone have any good ideas? I've tried everything from CLR to vinegar.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#18600 - 08/26/03 10:21 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

ALL OF THEM!!!

Can you tell I am lazy? I hate laundry, dishes and bathrooms because they are always messy and never done. The girls change their clothes several times a day and the little one has potty accidents every once in a while. Did I mention she can't seem to stop playing in the water in their bathroom. The sink seems to have an inch of water on it everyday. At least they are old enough to start picking up their toys and clothes. I just have to continue to remind them. I was complaining to my husband the other day about how more food lands on the table and floor then in their mouths. I turned around and said you know some day I will miss it because then they won't be little anymore. I guess it is all about perspective.

#18622 - 08/26/03 12:57 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Try Lime Away - This is what I use and prefer - it is wonderful. Just spray it on and wait about 5 minutes then go back in and respray it and it will just wipe right away!!! Wonderful!

or

Tilex Clean Shower - Once it's clean you only have to spray it when you get out of the shower and it's supposed to keep itself clean.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Glass shower doors new
      #18628 - 08/26/03 03:11 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

I have a friend who keeps a squegee (Is this even close to being spelled correctly?) in the bathroom near the shower and she cleans the excess water off the door daily. This helps prevent the stains from building up. Don't know if I would remember every day, but I guess it is better than spending two hours scrubing.

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

#18632 - 08/26/03 03:41 PM
*Melissa*

Maybe this? Hard Water Spots

#18633 - 08/26/03 03:50 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Ooh thanks everyone. I think I'm going to try the vinegar papertowels from the link Mags provided. The vinegar was working a little bit, but I didn't have it on that long because was afraid it would make more water spots!

After I get the darn spots off, I'm going to squeegie it off everyday! Darn water spots... Or complain to my landlord to put in different doors. It helps when your uncle is your landlord.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#18944 - 08/28/03 09:04 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Bathrooms. Bathrooms, bathrooms, bathrooms. I don't want to wipe down the tub, I don't want to mop the floor, and I REALLY don't want to TOUCH the toilet. Which is silly, 'cause I change babies' diapers all day. But at least then I get to wear gloves....

And vacuuming is not high on my list of faves either. I'll trade bathrooms and vacuuming for laundry and kitchens any day!

You all don't know gross toilets new
      #18963 - 08/29/03 06:12 AM
BarbaraS

until you have three boys between ages 5-8 using the same toilet everyday! I have one that doesn't lift the toilet seat, so once in awhile I sit down on pee. Than I have to make Aaron come in a clean the whole toilet to teach him a lesson. Usually works for a few months.

#19003 - 08/29/03 11:47 AM
Fia

Reged: 07/21/03
Loc: Sweden

Doing the dishes, cleaning the stove, making the beds, folding the landry and put it back where it belong! I actually put sheets in the tumble-drier and feel proud that I don't waste my life by the mangle. Until february I did'nt have a dishwasher it was Hell! Now I can't live without it, I never knew that one small baby could produce so much dirty dishes. I hate beeing in charge of everything and having the do all the housewife chores. Men don't realise that it's not just doing the things that takes time but all the planning! My partners ex-wife was the perfect housewife and he can't do anything if you don't make him, just like a child.

Since I'm a feminist and think that men and women are just as good or bad at hosework I refuse to take the whole responsibility for our home. He seems to accept it as long as he doesn't have to do the landry and he is really helpful with our daugther. And the god thing is that I'm not as helpless as the ex-wife, she couldn't pay the bills, use the computer, hang a picture, drive a car or program the VCR. Hence, I'm not so bad afterall just a little messy and I'm nice to him. But I almost never asks him to do things like cutting the grass or other typical man things.

In Sweden we have 240 days of maternity/pathernity-leave with 80% salary and whe are actually sharing the days. He is going to take care of the baby at least 4 months now and 3 later on. That is really great!

Fia

Barbara, I can relate new
      #19004 - 08/29/03 11:51 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

since I live with 2 boys and my husband. You would think now that my boys are teenagers it would be better. It's a little better, but for some reason (I think it's a male thing!) the 3 of them never flush the commode. And yes, I have sat down on a wet toilet seat many times! Yuck! I just keep a box of those antibacterial wipes in every bathroom and wipe up every day. Otherwise, I can't stand to walk past the bathroom!

You are so funny BL! NT new
      #19008 - 08/29/03 11:57 AM
BarbaraS

Re: You all don't know gross toilets new
      #19044 - 08/29/03 04:40 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

That reminded me of an article I just read in the recent issue of Family Fun magazine. It was called The Phantom Rhymer. This mom left little phantom notes in different places to remind them to take care of things. How is this one.

Here's a new game
To improve your aim:
If you make a splash
Clean it up in a flash.

Here's another:

Dirty dishes aren't able
To pick themselves up off the table.
Won't you help them to the sink
When you are done with your drink?

I would reference the article but I just got it yesturday so it isn't online.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 596 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6662

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review