All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: Stephany, how's it going? The Test is Over!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #185578 - 06/10/05 02:31 PM
Stephany

Reged: 06/07/05

Thank you! I feel so incredible right now...a little tired after not sleeping all night and having the drugs, but truly great. I really did overcome some major obstacles in all of this...my intense fear of drugs, due to severe allergic reactions...allowing someone else to take so much control of my life in his hands, after having so many bad experiences with incompetent doctors (my mother died from malpractice when her colon burst due to too many steroids while she was on a ventilator for an asthma attack...and that's just the tip of the iceberg)...taking the prep was something that I was afraid would cause me to bleed severely due to a bleeding problem I have (now, I know it's just a Hemmorhoid and nothing more and it didn't even bleed!!!) As I said in my original post, I'm a worrier. I am always afraid of things and it's time to move forward. I had to do this because my life was being run by my stomach which was being run by my fears and, recently, an incompetent doctor who put me on a gluten-free diet causing severe problems (my current doctor confirmed that). An IBS sufferer should not be on a binding diet!

So, my next step is to get on a plane! I haven't flown since 9/11 and it's time to let go of that fear, too.

I will read this board for IBS advice and it feels great to know that I am in with a group of very supportive and knowledgeable friends! Thank you all so much!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stephany, how's it going? The Test is Over!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DELETED* new
      #185597 - 06/10/05 04:17 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

#185602 - 06/10/05 05:05 PM
Stephany

Hi Shelby - I'll keep you in my prayers. The test itself was great. The only thing I would have done differently would be to not do the second prep in the middle of the night. I think it would have gone much better had I done it earlier or on the morning of the test while I was still moving around. I think that being in the prone position, trying to go to sleep, was not helpful, but that's just me. It also resulted in having me up for the rest of the night running to the bathroom. I'm sure you'll do fine. The anticipation was the worst part for me. I'm a big baby!

#185623 - 06/10/05 08:23 PM
Jeano

Post deleted by Jeano

#185748 - 06/11/05 05:55 PM
Stephany

Thanks, Shelby. I am off to California tomorrow for a funeral. What a crazy few days it's been. Yes, I do feel so relieved to know that my symptoms are not life-threatening. I was so afraid to have the test for years. The doctors have tried so hard to get me to have it and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

And, I haven't flown since 9/11 and I'm getting on a plane tomorrow. So, I feel a great sense of accomplishment right now. Facing my fears has never been easy for me and I made myself a promise that if I lived through the test (seems so ridiculous now), I would start living my life instead of allowing my fears to run it. Now, I have to keep that promise. Unfortunately, it's for a sad occasion, but at least I'm going. I'll be back in a few days. Thanks for your kind words!

#185790 - 06/11/05 08:13 PM
Jeano

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: new
      #185933 - 06/12/05 11:46 PM
miss_spiked

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: Currently in Melbourne, Australia

Wow. What a great thread! I'm having my 1st on Wednesday - one more day for me to go. I had no idea of what the prep involved. Luckily I read this wee thread - cause otherwise I think I might have thought I was dying. lol. Wasn't really worried about it all ... but now after reading what everyone posted - that the prep. is the worst bit - I've just started to feel a bit more nervy... Meh. At least there are 2 toilets in the flat ...

--------------------
Its not wrong - just different!

Yeah you need to "baggsy" a toilet for the prep! new
      #185944 - 06/13/05 04:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It's yucky, but it's only 1 day and being prepared will make it so much easier. If you go to the Crohns forum, there's a post at the top with Jill's tips for coping.

#187048 - 06/17/05 05:48 PM
Stephany

Hi Shelby - By now, you're in Florida. Hope your trip is wonderful!! I just got in from California last night. I'm totally exhausted. What a crazy two weeks it's been. I'm glad to be home. Let me know when you're back.

Re: new
      #187049 - 06/17/05 05:50 PM
Stephany

Hope your test went well. Let me know. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was away.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 878 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13378

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review